1 2 3
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/7/15 9:14 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: Our Turbolare Spider from 01-04 is up in the Traverse City area. At least last time I heard from it. We kept the powertrain, and that's in Dayton, OH. I *think* I still have a standing claim from 2004... At least I'm not aware of anyone doing what I managed to do.

I am assuming you are referring to a top autocross finish driven by the team, without a pro.

We plan to challenge that claim this year.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/8/15 12:35 p.m.

I blew my '13/'14 Challenge car out of budget this year with a few mods and a valve job.

can I get away with calling the valve job maintenace and undo my mods?

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
8/8/15 9:46 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: I have 3 here, but how many are at Casa de Nelson. I predicted 2015 to be huge, but it's shaping up to be simply Mega

Built 9, have 5, 3 are running and able to return to the challenge with a seatbelt change. You have one, Patgiz has one, one is raced in NJ, one was junked.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
8/8/15 10:03 p.m.

PACC racing en route to $2015

road train photo: Road train DSCF6669.jpg

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
8/8/15 10:50 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: PACC racing en route to $2015 road train photo: Road train DSCF6669.jpg

Ahhh..maybe '16. We are struggling to do '15 with one car. December we make our last tuition payment. Funds are tiiiiiight!

Rustspecs13
Rustspecs13 Reader
8/8/15 11:31 p.m.

Maybe I'll bring something cheap and compete for the first time this year. My current flip car would qualify and I have stuff to bolt on and make 320whp and good handing, and even some dumb wide slicks all around too.

When is the challenge? October? I'll go look it up...

Quasi Mofo
Quasi Mofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/15 6:24 a.m.

I am trying to weasel two extra vacation days out of my boss. I could use a break.

I may need an XR4Ti for dirt cheap...

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
8/9/15 7:25 a.m.

In reply to Quasi Mofo: You always have a seat with us.

Quasi Mofo
8/9/15 8:59 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: In reply to Quasi Mofo: You always have a seat with us.

That may be the plan mate

Rustspecs13
Rustspecs13 Reader
8/9/15 10:05 a.m.

Whorry crap Quasi? I was wondering if any one from the eVil crew was still around.

If you're serious I'll ask my car whore friend in detroit. He might even have a merkur or a Z31 turbo to sell cheap.

~Alex

Quasi Mofo
8/14/15 5:56 a.m.

Procuring a 1994 Muffedstain from Dean for the Challenge (entry paid for as of 2:00amEST) after the Challenge the entire Muffedstain will be parted out to build the FAIRMONSTER for $2016.

I've told Joey48442 to take Thursday and Friday off as he will be in the copilot seat.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
8/14/15 6:17 a.m.

Quasi, was your entry number less than 20?
If yes, you'll be in the General Tire Challenge.

Last year, that meant you got to drive 3 autox passes in one of two identical Fiat Abarths fitted with General Tires. Each car made 30 (or more) back to back course runs. The wear to the tires was significant, but the last passes were the fastest.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
8/14/15 6:29 a.m.

First case of Apple Pie is made

Quasi Mofo
8/14/15 6:47 a.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: Quasi, was your entry number less than 20? If yes, you'll be in the General Tire Challenge. Last year, that meant you got to drive 3 autox passes in one of two identical Fiat Abarths fitted with General Tires. Each car made 30 (or more) back to back course runs. The wear to the tires was significant, but the last passes were the fastest.

I have no clue!

Pat
Pat HalfDork
8/14/15 7:02 a.m.

Hhhmm. My $2015 project is looking like it's going to be derailed due to some work commitments, but a reunion of sorts might be fun. I still have my flamed black Shadow that I ran in '08, '09 and '13, my brother has the ScAries that I ran in '10, '11 and '12 as well as the Hong CSX that ran in '12. I know Barry still has the Silver Bullet Omni that he ran repeatedly in the early years. He also still has the Neon he brought down last year.

Maybe I'll shelve the Rampage project since it's not going to get done anyway and get some of the old ones back up to snuff.

Rustspecs13
Rustspecs13 Reader
8/18/15 10:26 a.m.

So quasi my friend in detroit just posted this for sale on facebook.

He said $2000 with the ronals and lots of parts. Hes done lots of work to it.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
8/18/15 3:35 p.m.
Pat wrote: Hhhmm. My $2015 project is looking like it's going to be derailed due to some work commitments, but a reunion of sorts might be fun. I still have my flamed black Shadow that I ran in '08, '09 and '13, my brother has the ScAries that I ran in '10, '11 and '12 as well as the Hong CSX that ran in '12. I know Barry still has the Silver Bullet Omni that he ran repeatedly in the early years. He also still has the Neon he brought down last year. Maybe I'll shelve the Rampage project since it's not going to get done anyway and get some of the old ones back up to snuff.

Our project took a major hit this week. We hurt cylinder #5. We hope to fix i,t but time is the big issue with work ramping up. We may be there for the party.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
8/18/15 3:39 p.m.

In reply to wheels777:

I hope you can make it.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
8/18/15 11:58 p.m.

i am planning on coming this year even if i have to buy a car the week before for 200 bucks and just drive it like i stole it. still have to figure out a truck and trailer if i dont go the daily driver route.which i dont want to do though....

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
8/19/15 9:07 a.m.
Rustspecs13 wrote: So quasi my friend in detroit just posted this for sale on facebook. He said $2000 with the ronals and lots of parts. Hes done lots of work to it.

Memories of my Michigan Ice Racing days in the XR. Lots of fun but hard to heel toe downshift in critical moments. The first car I ran at an autocross where people wanted me to wait so they could watch my runs. The thing looked crazy going around the course with steelies and Dominator tires smoking. Get it Quasi Get it!!!!!!!!!!!

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
8/19/15 11:29 a.m.

Hope M-RAGE can make it.

davbro
davbro New Reader
8/19/15 12:33 p.m.

I had planned for a return to the 2015 challenge before I knew it would be a reunion...now I really have to make it. I plan on entering my lemons car (4 door dodge stratus) if I don't break it at CMP next month and I will also bring my $2007/2008 challenge car (AWD turbo Mitsubishi Mirage) to run the exhibition class...still a working progress but always a fun car and even though over the challenge budget it still follows the spirit of the challenge

GSmith
GSmith Reader
8/19/15 4:51 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3:

I remember that! I'm the guy that stopped your wheel with a kick to the side...

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/19/15 5:32 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3:

Show up a day early with a new motor for the fiero... we can finish it in the parking lot.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
8/19/15 6:21 p.m.
WillrunifChased wrote: In reply to pimpm3: Show up a day early with a new motor for the fiero... we can finish it in the parking lot.

Or how about I bring it with the head resurfaced and a new head gasket. We can install said head in the parking lot. I got the correct injectors so it should run with the oem computer.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w7td759Ya9X1W1ngSMbqQaRyEfq9bhg3hKcUl2Atp7KCC1kJMM3yVU55KxQFD74z