1 2
alleykat
alleykat Reader
7/1/15 4:19 p.m.

I can only imagine how much fun this would be.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5086703746.html

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
7/1/15 4:22 p.m.

Lack of spoiler makes me sad.
Everything else makes me giggle.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
7/1/15 4:22 p.m.

This makes me very sad........what kind of monster would do that to a air cooled hard top? If you're going to ruin an air cooled car, why not start with a worthless targa?

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
7/1/15 4:23 p.m.

Ruined a perfectly good car

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
7/1/15 4:25 p.m.

I'll bet he is kicking himself now that the values have skyrocketed. Looks like a very clean car.

alleykat
alleykat Reader
7/1/15 4:35 p.m.

His poor decision removes all guilt of driving the snot out of this thing. I'd rock it.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/15 4:50 p.m.

I love it.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/15 5:07 p.m.

There was a ruined 911 like that at the track last weekend. Mid-60's hardtop that had been in the hands of the same owner for decades, rocking glittery blue/purple paint that he laid down in the 80's over top of Turbo flares. There was a $20,000 MAST LS7 stuffed up the rear. The owner felt it was a far better engine than the Porsche mills regardless of cost.

It was the only other car there that was even remotely similar to mine in speed. A most excellent vehicle. We had a good time double-teaming everyone else.

I'd take that green 911 in a heartbeat. Then I'd proceed to put on a ducktail, some deeper Fuchs wheels and maybe a long hood conversion.

pimpm3
pimpm3 HalfDork
7/1/15 5:07 p.m.
Woody wrote: I love it.

I concur...

Its already done, I would enjoy the heck out of it and revel in the cheap maintenance.

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/1/15 5:21 p.m.

Porsche prices are so absurd right now, I cackle with glee when someone defaces one. In this case, I agree with Keith, Woody and the pimp except that I prefer the q-ship version.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/1/15 5:36 p.m.

I agree with the others... The work is done. RUN IT!

pres589
pres589 UberDork
7/1/15 5:45 p.m.

Is it really that hard to reverse a Renegade LS kit in these cars? There's some detail stuff that I'd change, like the mirrors (either go older or newer, those square jobs don't do it for me) and maybe a set of phone dials (I LOVE how phone dials look) but this doesn't seem like such a bad swap. I also like that it's got a flat deck lid but obviously I'm in the minority on that one.

D2W
D2W Reader
7/1/15 6:51 p.m.

With a used 911 crank only going for 1500 plus the economy of an ls motor is undeniable. I would drive the crap out of this, of course I would drive the crap out of it if it had the original motor too. At least until it needed to come out and then in would go an ls. And its easy to go back to original, nothing is cut up. You just need to be able to swallow the cost of a flat 6.

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
7/1/15 7:11 p.m.

No mention of which transmission. Hopes a g50. I am in the awesome camp. This is a clean swap.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/1/15 7:16 p.m.

You can't retrofit the G50 to a pre-G50 car without some additional bodywork. I doubt that they did that as it's not that uninvolved.

Narrow-body impact bumper cars are still the least wanted and probably the only ones to build any sort of hot rod out of right now. I'm not a big fan of the swap (needs moar 13B ) but it looks pretty clean and well done. Mind you, I think it's a tad expensive, especially for a mid-year.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
7/1/15 7:39 p.m.

With the cost of rebuilding an air cooled Porsche flat 6, I find it hard to complain, especially if this was put together years ago before the market for these cars went nuts. At which time, an engine rebuild would have cost half what the car was worth.

As I recall, the aluminum LS swap doesn't even upset the weight distribution.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
7/1/15 7:46 p.m.

I would rock the hell out of that.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Reader
7/1/15 8:48 p.m.

Well, it can't ruin the handling any worse than a RR car can get....

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
7/1/15 9:47 p.m.
This makes me very sad........what kind of monster would do that to a air cooled hard top? If you're going to ruin an air cooled car, why not start with a worthless targa?

According to the Bring A Trailer auctions ive been watching, stock 80s Targas (what i see as the low point of the entire air cooled 911 pantheon, personally) now go for as much as this car is listed for.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Dork
7/1/15 9:53 p.m.

Deeply regret not buying the "Bad Boys" 911 on Milwaukee Craigslist for $11k 3 years ago right about now.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/15 11:11 p.m.

Here's that ruined 911 from last weekend.

https://youtu.be/3s0AKhfNU-4?t=2m3s

Contradiction
Contradiction Reader
7/1/15 11:30 p.m.

Heresy be damned,other then a spoiler I don't see a single thing this car is missing. If I could actually afford it I'd be looking for my checkbook right now....

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
7/1/15 11:32 p.m.
yamaha wrote: This makes me very sad........what kind of monster would do that to a air cooled hard top? If you're going to ruin an air cooled car, why not start with a worthless targa?

I have an 85 targa, 87 turbo coupe, and 96 993 targa. The targas are far from worthless, not to mention a lot of fun.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/15 11:32 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: Lack of spoiler makes me sad. Everything else makes me giggle.

I prefer it without a rear spoiler.. and I would also retrofit a long nose onto it.. maybe even a long nosed, turbo flared 911 without a rear spoiler.

NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
7/2/15 6:41 a.m.

The handicap plate made me laugh.

As to hot-rodding classic cars? Hell Yes! Takes a stunted imagination to value an original car if there was more than one made.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RKxy4mDIrSDKbdwBJf1D55jfI6igCTSZrYpjghumNRyuJ4FRbfrwf9En4FtCcR2S