1 ... 3 4 5
David_Chong
David_Chong New Reader
6/30/09 1:23 a.m.

The latest and most likely is: Drag - 6 PM Friday August 21 Show - Noon Saturday August 22 Party - Saturday evening AutoX - Noon Sunday August 23

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/2/09 5:09 p.m.

Thanks for all of the effort and the update. I really hated to sound like a whiner, but there just didn't seem to be a lot of credible information available and very little response. Hopefully next year will be less of a headache for all involved. For now, lets try to have some fun, build some cool cars and race them!

Crap, that means I need to put mine back together....

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
7/6/09 4:30 p.m.
David_Chong wrote: The latest and most likely is: Drag - 6 PM Friday August 21 Show - Noon Saturday August 22 Party - Saturday evening AutoX - Noon Sunday August 23

Is this set in stone yet?

Bryce

David_Chong
David_Chong New Reader
7/6/09 8:19 p.m.

SCCA meeting is tonight. Will post updates.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
7/7/09 7:20 p.m.
David_Chong wrote: SCCA meeting is tonight. Will post updates.

Survey says!?!

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
7/8/09 3:08 p.m.

I'm trying to be patient, but this is getting to be a little weird. What's the story?

Bryce

fiat22turbo
7/10/09 12:46 a.m.

Sigh.....

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
7/10/09 12:34 p.m.

How about a simple, "Yes, we're listening. No, we still don't know WTF is going on. If we can't lock in a race weekend for you guys by xx/xx/2009, we'll cut bait and cancel the West Coast $2009." Is that too much for us to ask for this close to the race???

I'm turning to anybody for an update at this point. David, any of the GRM staff, hell, I'd be happy if my fortune cookie at lunch today told me what's up (Perhaps: You will have an unexpected surprise next week!). I just need to hear SOMETHING.

Bryce

David_Chong
David_Chong New Reader
7/10/09 1:00 p.m.

SCCA is locked; have not received final confirmation from Barona, but I have received general agreement as before. Nothing has changed to affect the 90% chance that these are our dates... I just can't say "we're locked" because Barona hasn't given me the final rental contract agreement and formal green light.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/10/09 1:01 p.m.

David beat me to it.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
7/10/09 4:20 p.m.

Thank you....I'm thankful for ANY communication at this point. A 90% chance of locked dates still isn't feeling horribly warm or fuzzy with 6 weeks to go and lots of people hammering me for a date, but I'll continue building as though things are locked and hope you hold up your end of the bargain. If you're working anywhere near as hard on planning this as I am building for it, then I'm sure we'll be fine.

Bryce

fiat22turbo
7/10/09 6:54 p.m.

Bryce, worst case, you and I can hold our own "event" here in Portland by running an autocross and a drag event.

I have a feeling you'd win the drags and I might edge you at the autocross and your car will probably look better than mine, though ;)

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/10/09 8:18 p.m.

There's drag racing Saturday night Sept the 12th and an ORPCA AutoX Sunday morning the 13th or the next weekend there's 2 days of SCCA autocrossing (only 3 runs but morning and afternoon sessions) sandwiching drag racing.

fiat22turbo
7/10/09 11:27 p.m.

Yup, there we go!

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/11/09 8:49 a.m.

If we do that (regardless of a West Coast Challenge or not) I can drag over my RX-7 and John his (both have less than $2K in them) and we'll just have ourselves a party. I'd be the slowest in the 1/4 but because of seat time I might do OK in the Auto-X.

If the WCC does happen and there's some miracle that allows me to make it I plan on driving down in the RX-7 and entering it.

David_Chong
David_Chong New Reader
7/11/09 10:34 a.m.

Happy Day!

The Grassroots Motorsports $2009 Challenge Weekend dates have been CONFIRMED!

• Drag - 6 PM Friday, August 21
  • Show - Noon Saturday, August 22
  • Party - Saturday evening
  • AutoX - Noon Sunday, August 23

See you all at the track!

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
7/13/09 4:51 a.m.

Thank goodness the date is staying the same, that's good news. Heck, there's even a whole day of downtime on Saturday to do repairs if something breaks in the drags. knock on wood

Thanks for the update David!

Bryce

fiat22turbo
7/27/09 11:40 a.m.

Well, I have little choice but to throw in the towel on my challenge effort. A lack of help has meant it was just me doing all of the work and the nearly complete rebuild of the car was just too much to do in the timeframe I had to work with.

Anyway, I'm going to keep working on the car, but I'm out of time to finish and test the car in time for a drive to southern California and back.

I want to thank David and everyone else that worked so hard to make this event possible and I truly regret not being able to attend as a competitor or as a spectator since financially we can't afford to fly down.

Nashco or any other local teams, if you need help, let me know. I have most days free so running out for parts, etc is an option.

Ttyl, Stefan

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
7/27/09 1:01 p.m.

Damn...that sucks. So it looks like I'm racing the clock to get my car buttoned up in time to drive to San Diego and race against one or two other cars. Oh well, I'm committed, the west coast needs some representation even if I'm the only damn person going I'll make it. I've been looking forward to the drive down the PCH for months, no turning back now!!! If nothing else, I've got a solid top five finish lined up.

Stefan, I'm shooting you a PM.

Bryce

fiat22turbo
7/27/09 2:58 p.m.

Yeah, for me it was merely a lack of help that I was expecting to be available from my friends and family. Oh well. I'll lend you a hand so that at least someone will make it.

David_Chong
David_Chong New Reader
7/27/09 4:33 p.m.

You will be facing off against at least Team Bent Level in a CRX...

bluesideup
bluesideup New Reader
8/4/09 12:40 p.m.

Hey Unit Racing is on board with the G-Unit! Our steed is a 1995 Mirage Coupe painted with a roller. I'm doing my best to get it race worthy in two weeks by myself!

ww
ww SuperDork
8/9/09 1:23 a.m.

Bryce, is the Subie running? Let Stefan enter the LeMons Outback! I'm taking the Rice Rocket down to SD right after the Buttonwillow event on Aug. 15th... if it survives the desert conditions and the craptastic competition anyway... :)

See you in a few weeks! And you need to let me know when you're planning to go through the SF Bay!

Cheers, WW

P.S. Anybody have an address for this event? I'm too freakin' tired to go look through the SD Challenge forum for it...

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
8/10/09 3:51 a.m.
ww wrote: Bryce, is the Subie running? Let Stefan enter the LeMons Outback! I'm taking the Rice Rocket down to SD right after the Buttonwillow event on Aug. 15th... if it survives the desert conditions and the craptastic competition anyway... :) See you in a few weeks! And you need to let me know when you're planning to go through the SF Bay! Cheers, WW P.S. Anybody have an address for this event? I'm too freakin' tired to go look through the SD Challenge forum for it...

I'll definitely be getting in touch on the way down there. Jessica and I are hoping to cruise into the Bay area on Tuesday night (the 18th) if all goes well. Here's the website for the drag strip:

http://www.baronadrags.com/map.shtml

Bryce

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
h5bA6p9CgGMyDJAwDdDjDKW66sNpjvyFyFm9pzrvC2mVBFKQ2p0hUaBqvl66xgZC