1 2 3 ... 7
miatame
miatame HalfDork
9/5/13 2:10 p.m.

So I know the Challenge is late this year but somehow it's already September. So who's going and what are you bringing? Who's going to win this year? Will Andy make a triumphant return? Will Hong Norr put down the beer and pick up a wrench? Will the drag strip be a pool of oily car blood from a full day of racing? Let the fun begin!

only 70 days to go

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/5/13 2:12 p.m.

I'm going, if someone could tell me when the entry deadline is....

Bringing my daily driver again. This time with 100% more boost than last year. (No, really.)

spin_out
spin_out Reader
9/5/13 2:32 p.m.

I was wondering if there was going to be a "who's attending", or "smack talk" thread.
Swankforce. The deadline is usually around 30 days before the event. I plan to send in the application after we test the car on 9-22. I'd hate to send in the money on the 15th, then blow up the car a week later. (Which is Likely for any Challenge car.)

Oh, we are bringing a '94 Mustang (SN-95). We brought a '96 in $2010 (see avatar) but this one is much meaner. We caution small children and pregnant women before use.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/5/13 2:48 p.m.

I seem to recall being allowed to enter chump/lemons cars, possibly in their own sub-category? Am I dreaming, or is that correct? That would be fun, but I'd have to go back and look over our budget to see what we really spent.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Reader
9/5/13 2:52 p.m.

I will be there. I started working on the car today

It is a 1993 SE-R it will be powered by a SR20DET and moar boost....

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/5/13 2:53 p.m.
Lof8 wrote: I seem to recall being allowed to enter chump/lemons cars, possibly in their own sub-category? Am I dreaming, or is that correct? That would be fun, but I'd have to go back and look over our budget to see what we really spent.

rule 28, "special class" Must still meet all budget rules.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/5/13 3:06 p.m.

I am planning on bringing the Sciricco.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/5/13 3:08 p.m.

And mndsm will be there in an 88 MX6 GT.

So there will be two of them there to make Steve Hoelscher rip his hair out.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/5/13 3:37 p.m.

Oh you mean that one that's totally an R31 Skyline? Cause that's totally what it is.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/5/13 3:38 p.m.

Yeah!

Here's mndsm's car as of yesterday:

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/5/13 3:46 p.m.

Amazing what you can do with discarded 80's era parts.....

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/5/13 4:04 p.m.

I'll be there.

2003 MINI Cooper S. Catch me if you can!

I was gonna bring the Vorpal Bunny too, but don't think I have time.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/5/13 4:12 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Amazing what you can do with discarded 80's era parts.....

looks at own car yeap...

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/5/13 4:41 p.m.
SVreX wrote: I'll be there. 2003 MINI Cooper S. Catch me if you can! I was gonna bring the Vorpal Bunny too, but don't think I have time.

How the HELL Are you pulling that off?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/5/13 5:05 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
SVreX wrote: I'll be there. 2003 MINI Cooper S. Catch me if you can! I was gonna bring the Vorpal Bunny too, but don't think I have time.

Bought it through the $20xx classifieds on this board. No big secrets at all. (;))

Where have you been? I thought everyone knew about it (and was still pissed at me for it!)

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
9/5/13 5:07 p.m.

We should be there again. Hopefully with a 68 Mustang. We are not planning on bringing back the chumpcar. We figured two class wins in a row was enough.

(1st year uncontested, 2nd year had one other chump racer)

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/5/13 5:08 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
mndsm wrote:
Bought it through the $20xx classifieds on this board. No big secrets at all. (;)) Where have you been? I thought everyone knew about it (and was still pissed at me for it!)

Meth is a helluva drug? IDK. I probably remember it. You'll do freakishly well in auto-x..... good luck at the drags lol.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
9/5/13 5:16 p.m.

We're bringing the Trans Am back for another go.

I've got two years of autocross seat time and some new V710s.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
9/5/13 6:04 p.m.

I might try to arrange a show for that weekend.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/5/13 6:06 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Yeah! Here's mndsm's car as of yesterday:

When did you find time to clean the garage?

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
9/5/13 6:12 p.m.
hrdlydangerous wrote: We're bringing the Trans Am back for another go. I've got two years of autocross seat time and some new V710s.

Oh yeah? Well the 68 mustang with have couple year old Nexen 3000's (thats right, three zero zero zero) on 17X9 steel wheels and a stock 302/T-5.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
9/5/13 6:26 p.m.
Greg Voth wrote: Oh yeah? Well the 68 mustang with have couple year old Nexen 3000's (thats right, three zero zero zero) on 17X9 steel wheels and a stock 302/T-5.

Oh snap!

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
9/5/13 6:28 p.m.

And it hasn't run in over ten years, I've never autocrossed it and it is still not running enough to drive it.

This has the markings of a 'murican muscle show down.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
9/5/13 6:35 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
mndsm wrote:
Bought it through the $20xx classifieds on this board. No big secrets at all. (;)) Where have you been? I thought everyone knew about it (and was still pissed at me for it!)

If it makes you feel better, I'm still pissed at you.

stan_d
stan_d Dork
9/5/13 7:02 p.m.

I will be there f150 on a Malibu frame. Chevy powered.

1 2 3 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L6X09HOAihzpbILIsAGWSmXwku9PVXW3kzK9MJbFPfI3PxnJyTgmVXsONh3jzXQS