1 2 3 4 ... 7
Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/5/13 7:25 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: Yeah! Here's mndsm's car as of yesterday:
When did you find time to clean the garage?

Once your junk was mobile I had tons of space to get some cleaning done.

tb
tb Reader
9/5/13 7:46 p.m.

At this point odds are 50/50 on me making an appearance.

The car is running and almost ready for another lame showing in the sub $1K class. We shall see soon if it survives Jim T's Explore the Shore banger rally.

Are there awards for slowest drag time? It is an E30 with a (gasp!) autotragic. Probably will have to come up with a really good bribe for the judges, but almost nothing can top Al's category win in 2010...

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/5/13 8:13 p.m.
DeadSkunk wrote: If it makes you feel better, I'm still pissed at you.

Awesome!

I'm much happier when everyone is pissed at me.

Pat
Pat HalfDork
9/5/13 9:26 p.m.

I will be there with the intention of whooping some $1k car ass.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/5/13 11:22 p.m.

Is that $1k car or $1 K car?

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
9/6/13 12:34 a.m.

I will be there one day...maybe in my Z!

Pat
Pat HalfDork
9/6/13 4:18 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Is that $1k car or $1 K car?

Ha ha! I bet if I looked, I could probably find a $1 K car!

After Drag Week, my plan is to slam together the Shadow in my avatar as a $1000 car. I ran this car at the challenge in '08 and '09. Its essentially stripped now and has been sitting since 2010.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
9/6/13 8:10 a.m.

I am going to try to make it if I can afford to go this year. My CSX will probably not be there, as I haven't been able to touch it since July because of time and money constraints, but we are working on a plan to at least bring something. The CSX still does not have rockers, a spare tire well, a working clutch, tires that hold air, or most of it's fuel system, and I've never heard it run, so I'm thinking it's probably a better idea to wait until next year on that one.

Hopefully I will see all of you there. Look for the fat guy wearing a metal shirt near the pool.

PS... Anyone want to buy a Olds 455?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/6/13 8:42 a.m.
SilverFleet wrote: I am going to try to make it if I can afford to go this year. My CSX will probably not be there, as I haven't been able to touch it since July because of time and money constraints, but we are working on a plan to at least bring something. The CSX still does not have rockers, a spare tire well, a working clutch, tires that hold air, or most of it's fuel system, and I've never heard it run, so I'm thinking it's probably a better idea to wait until next year on that one. Hopefully I will see all of you there. Look for the fat guy wearing a metal shirt near the pool. PS... Anyone want to buy a Olds 455?

The solution for making the CSX run lies within your post.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
9/6/13 8:45 a.m.
stan_d wrote: I will be there f150 on a Malibu frame. Chevy powered.

You may be my new Hero ...... What, you got the taste of a cover shot, and are jonesing to do to again? Kidding.

Ok, back to the garage to work on the car (a normally aspirated, bone stock, 5.0 propelled car) to compete with you turbo guys. Oh, I should mention that all of the cars that stomped us last year were turbos, so maybe we should look into that. :)

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
9/6/13 8:55 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
SilverFleet wrote: I am going to try to make it if I can afford to go this year. My CSX will probably not be there, as I haven't been able to touch it since July because of time and money constraints, but we are working on a plan to at least bring something. The CSX still does not have rockers, a spare tire well, a working clutch, tires that hold air, or most of it's fuel system, and I've never heard it run, so I'm thinking it's probably a better idea to wait until next year on that one. Hopefully I will see all of you there. Look for the fat guy wearing a metal shirt near the pool. PS... Anyone want to buy a Olds 455?
The solution for making the CSX run lies within your post.

Yes. Buy my 455.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/6/13 8:56 a.m.

No no no... you have a CSX that doesn't run, and you have a 455 that presumably runs.

beans
beans HalfDork
9/6/13 9:53 a.m.

I'm gonna try to make it. 99% sure I'll just watch. Unless the GRM Camry will be there. Then rollpig is out for blood.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
9/6/13 9:55 a.m.

That 2.2L under there will run if I can find the time and money to slap together that fuel system and do the rest of the body work. It has been sprinkled with speed parts by the previous owners.

Also, autocross and giant iron lumps like Big Block Olds 455's go together like peanut butter and sand.

bluej
bluej Dork
9/6/13 10:03 a.m.

I have a DD e30 I picked up w/ a few speed bits that's my backup if I don't get the Chevy 4.8 into a Nissan 200sx done in time. Coming to play either way. 8)

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
9/6/13 10:39 a.m.
SVreX wrote:
DeadSkunk wrote: If it makes you feel better, I'm still pissed at you.
Awesome! I'm much happier when everyone is pissed at me.

I'll also be pulling for you to do well, too.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/6/13 11:39 a.m.
SilverFleet wrote: That 2.2L under there will run if I can find the time and money to slap together that fuel system and do the rest of the body work. It has been sprinkled with speed parts by the previous owners. Also, autocross and giant iron lumps like Big Block Olds 455's go together like peanut butter and sand.

Mmmmmm peanut butter Sand-wich.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
9/6/13 11:48 a.m.
SilverFleet wrote: Hopefully I will see all of you there. Look for the fat guy wearing a metal shirt near the pool.

That narrows it down by at best about 5%.

jg

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
9/6/13 11:53 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote:
SilverFleet wrote: Hopefully I will see all of you there. Look for the fat guy wearing a metal shirt near the pool.
That narrows it down by at best about 5%. jg

Ok, listen for the "wiked pissah Bahstan accent, kid".

miatame
miatame HalfDork
9/6/13 11:55 a.m.

Some would choose to be mature in this case. I am not one of them.

69 days to go!

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
9/7/13 9:05 a.m.

I'm thinking about just bringing the rabbit with no real modifications; it was a cheap buy although I haven't put the turbo on it yet.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
9/7/13 2:20 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote:
That narrows it down by at best about 5%. jg

Beat me to it. Hell, I might be down there with a pocket full of cash looking to score a TD.

miatame
miatame HalfDork
9/7/13 4:32 p.m.

Good point. Is anyone thinking about selling their Challenge car after the event?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/7/13 10:46 p.m.

I am bringing back the Rustang, it gets lighter every year.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/8/13 8:05 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Beat me to it. Hell, I might be down there with a pocket full of cash looking to score a TD.

Is a TD a Turbo Dodge?

Interested in one in pieces?

I've got a engineless Turbo Caravan and a Spirit RT that need need to be combined. The turbo III has been bored to 2.5 (former street racer) and is ready to drop into the van.

1 2 3 4 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VmIqVogjAlvVXolgfCrk7IegjW1wrFG0pe2sZpc4x7E5Hwb4hvldPudAj9Av2rEd