moparman76_69 Dork
9/8/13 2:29 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

what kind of shape is the van in?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/8/13 9:30 p.m.

In reply to moparman76_69:

Stripped, straight, surface rust, no title, ready to be made into an awesome race car, but probably not returned to the street (no interior, etc.)

miatame
miatame HalfDork
9/12/13 8:03 a.m.

62 Days!

I'm still not sure how I am getting down there. Anyone been eyeing a sweet car from the northeast (haha yeah right, who from the south buys cars from the north?!) that I could drive down to the Challenge for you?

evildky
evildky Dork
9/12/13 8:36 a.m.

I'll be there, not sure in what yet. I was planning on being there as team support for a couple of buds who were building cars, neither of which is going to happen so I dusted off the Z31, it might return or I might do something stupid. I've got my eyes out for something stupid ;) Also working on a useless stupid parking lot entertainment device.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/12/13 8:37 a.m.

Something stupid, with 62 days to go? I like it.

fritzsch
fritzsch HalfDork
9/12/13 9:00 a.m.

Ill probably be coming down for the weekend to spectate.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/12/13 9:08 a.m.
mndsm wrote: Something stupid, with 62 days to go? I like it.

too much time for it to be really stupid.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
9/12/13 9:08 a.m.

Something Stupid...... powered by Aquanet?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/12/13 9:41 a.m.

Can we launch pig heads and hormel chili out of the potato gun this year?

Just you know... best of both worlds and all that.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/12/13 9:43 a.m.

Anybody tentatively interested in caravanning down? Mndsm and i are leaving from Indianapolis, picking up Spoolpigeon in Louistucky then probably hoofing it down. We may have to stop in Alabammy somewhere so Spoolpigeon can drive Argo1's truck and challenger down to Gainesville.

I'd like to leave on Wednesday and try to arrive Thursday early-mid afternoon. I can do the whole shebang in one shot, but don't know the tolerance of the rest already going with me.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/12/13 9:50 a.m.

Hmmm...maybe once I get the 323 I can just detail it and see how it does? I've never been to the challenge before.

tb
tb Reader
9/12/13 9:59 a.m.

I am still not convinced that running my basically stock e30 would be a whole lot of fun.

If anyone needs a teammate I could easily be convinced to fly down and join you there. I am slightly disabled so no hustle or heaving lifting but I can still troubleshoot and turn wrenches fairly well. My previous experience as a covert sabotage expert might also come in handy...

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/12/13 10:23 a.m.

Bring the stock E30. It'll be a riot. I liked running Swank Force One, but honestly the best part was just hanging out with this crazy lot and seeing what sort of insane E36 M3 the rest of them brought.

Put it this way, Swank Force One is very far into the "mild" category when it comes to what these sickos are bringing.

tb
tb Reader
9/12/13 10:29 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Bring the stock E30. It'll be a riot. I liked running Swank Force One, but honestly the best part was just hanging out with this crazy lot and seeing what sort of insane E36 M3 the rest of them brought. Put it this way, Swank Force One is very far into the "mild" category when it comes to what these sickos are bringing.

I might... I have pretty much blown the 1k$ mark but could keep it under the max budget. It is really a logistical issue; I do not have the energy to drive straight there and back from Philly but spending a week on the road alone because of stopping several times is boring and daunting.

Every challenge has been a blast once I got there, but getting there this time is probably my biggest issue.

Perhaps I will find a local partner soon enough to work it out...

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
9/12/13 12:09 p.m.

Ill bring the Yugo if I can find a trans.

Anyone in or near Austin help with there build or driving?

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
9/12/13 12:18 p.m.

In reply to EvanB:

Do it! Do it now!

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
9/12/13 12:21 p.m.

In reply to tb:

I'm in south jersey if you want to follow along. I drive fast, and don't stop for anything but gas.

tb
tb Reader
9/12/13 12:34 p.m.
hrdlydangerous wrote: In reply to tb: I'm in south jersey if you want to follow along. I drive fast, and don't stop for anything but gas.

Thanks for the thought, but I would never be able to keep up. I drive carefully and stop often...

With my neurological disorder and spinal cord damage I sometimes run out of energy quickly and have a hard time focusing enough to drive for more than 6-7 hours straight. Perhaps next year I will be well enough to get to the challenge on my own, I am getting better all of the time!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/12/13 12:44 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Anybody tentatively interested in caravanning down? Mndsm and i are leaving from Indianapolis, picking up Spoolpigeon in Louistucky then probably hoofing it down. We may have to stop in Alabammy somewhere so Spoolpigeon can drive Argo1's truck and challenger down to Gainesville. I'd like to leave on Wednesday and try to arrive Thursday early-mid afternoon. I can do the whole shebang in one shot, but don't know the tolerance of the rest already going with me.

I would be willing to meet you somewhere along I65 in Alabama.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/12/13 12:45 p.m.
GVX19 wrote: Ill bring the Yugo if I can find a trans. Anyone in or near Austin help with there build or driving?

I got a spare one. I would have to pull it from a car though.

beans
beans HalfDork
9/12/13 12:47 p.m.

I might do that. I'll have to figure out what my schedule will be that week/weekend with my new jerb.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/12/13 12:50 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: Anybody tentatively interested in caravanning down? Mndsm and i are leaving from Indianapolis, picking up Spoolpigeon in Louistucky then probably hoofing it down. We may have to stop in Alabammy somewhere so Spoolpigeon can drive Argo1's truck and challenger down to Gainesville. I'd like to leave on Wednesday and try to arrive Thursday early-mid afternoon. I can do the whole shebang in one shot, but don't know the tolerance of the rest already going with me.

I think Argo is in... Birmingham? Isn't that where you are?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/12/13 12:56 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:
I think Argo is in... Birmingham? Isn't that where you are?

Yeah he is in Birmingham. I am north of there in Huntsville but I would probably end up meeting up with y'all in Cullman.

fritzsch
fritzsch HalfDork
9/12/13 2:43 p.m.

I would probably be interested. I am in Cookeville, TN at the moment. Not sure if that is nearish to the route

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/12/13 2:50 p.m.

We can meet up along the route again, south on 75

1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Sh4u05YW0L83p6wMzdrZ3erUPsPRyqs4AJ8CtvnFzYqDuUFU2ng41rOTbGuA8PIl