Good Job Autoweek

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/3/13 1:29 p.m.

Me likey

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/3/13 1:30 p.m.

That actually does look different than the last batch, and considering that the unviel is thursday, I would guess this time is accurate.

Anyone care to start the "IT LOOKS LIKE AN ASTON" Sob story again?

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/3/13 1:31 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Looks like a Mustang to me.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
12/3/13 1:32 p.m.

It looks like an Aston that ate too many doughnuts.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
12/3/13 1:33 p.m.

That rear end just gets worse and worse.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
12/3/13 1:34 p.m.

I like big butts and they better turn high!

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/3/13 1:36 p.m.

It doesn't have an EVO profile, and I happen to like the rear better than the last mustang.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/3/13 1:37 p.m.

It may just be due to the orientation of the magazine fold but is it just me or does the beltline look very high indeed. Like Camaro high? Otherwise I like what I see

Also it may just be me but do you think that Grassroots Motorsports the MAGAZINE appreciates sharing copyrighted work prior to it's release from a MAGAZINE on their website?

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/3/13 1:37 p.m.

Of course, these days it wouldn't be that hard to fake a picture that resembles an Autoweek mag.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/3/13 1:39 p.m.

I could really take or leave the styling. Agreed that the tail is at least as bad as other recent Mustangs. Don't love the headlight treatment. Wish in vain that all modern cars didn't have greenhouses which are approaching Jagdpanzer slits.

With all that out of the way, I'm very curious to hear what it weighs, what the mechanical options are, and how it drives. It could easily be the coolest thing I've seen in a while regardless of my feelings on the styling.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/3/13 1:40 p.m.

I like the rear, the front looks slightly bloated like all new cars thanks to those stupid pedestrians.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
12/3/13 1:45 p.m.

I was surprised to read the Performance Pack cars get even bigger Brembo's than the last few GT Track Pack cars, even though they are a few hundred pounds lighter.

Can't wait for more info on the engine.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
12/3/13 1:50 p.m.
yamaha wrote: Anyone care to start the "IT LOOKS LIKE AN ASTON" Sob story again?

I would, but it'd result in too much whining again

RossD
RossD PowerDork
12/3/13 2:00 p.m.
DrBoost wrote:
yamaha wrote: Anyone care to start the "IT LOOKS LIKE AN ASTON" Sob story again?

Whiners get shiners.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/3/13 2:01 p.m.
DrBoost wrote:

Oh, I think you had your share of that fine whine....

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
12/3/13 2:08 p.m.

Hey, I like that. The rear is an improvement over the last one. The interior looks a little...cluttered.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
12/3/13 2:08 p.m.

I actually like the side profile and the ass-end of it. Interior is an improvement? I hope? Front end hopefully looks better in person and in a different color.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
12/3/13 2:11 p.m.

The booty is my favorite part.

Driven5
Driven5 Reader
12/3/13 2:12 p.m.

I do like that it's less obviously 'retro' or 'retro-caricature' inspired in the front...But we'll see if the rear grows on me any more than the current iteration one has. I think it might.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
12/3/13 2:13 p.m.

My god. It looks JUST LIKE an Aston. I mean, what did they do, take a Vanquish and just slap some Ford badges on it? Talk about lazy designing. Don't they know they no longer own AM?

Now, for the serious part of this post. Looks decent. Don't like the lower bumper/diffuser thingys. The rest looks pretty decent. Waiting to see the real specs of it.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/3/13 2:15 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

I was thinking that if you were to make that red part of the diffuser thingy black, it would look a lot better. I like the profile quite a bit.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
12/3/13 2:24 p.m.
nocones wrote: Also it may just be me but do you think that Grassroots Motorsports the MAGAZINE appreciates sharing copyrighted work prior to it's release from a MAGAZINE on their website?

Well all I can tell you is that I got this off the Autoblog feed. It's also on Jalopnik. It came from an SVT forum, from a reader of Autoweek that received the magazine before the reveal.

If the Mods wish to take down this thread, then they can.

Driven5
Driven5 Reader
12/3/13 2:26 p.m.

Ironically amusing how all the antagonizing and whining carrying over from the 'Aston' debate seems to keep being initiated by the same side...I guess it just takes too much maturity to simply accept differing opinions.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
12/3/13 2:28 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to Bobzilla: I was thinking that if you were to make that red part of the diffuser thingy black, it would look a lot better. I like the profile quite a bit.

Right after I posted I looked again. I think you may be right. I imagine that the lower center section will be "plain" on the V6 cars and would look better.... maybe? But profile is good.

1 2 3 ... 16

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UCm8hB4iWrqLhSXSeCfQV7kZmG4MkyIkYiHWiZuVTO3BzMsnPaDOD0U1aGToIG6B