1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
PHeller
PHeller UberDork
12/4/13 10:34 a.m.

Just curious, can you design a car to modern crash test standards without having really high window sills?

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/4/13 10:45 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

You're too funny man. You know that Autoweek didn't leak it, right? This is their official issue, which if you look at the cover date, is supposed to hit right after Ford's big announcements. This is the real deal, not some speculation.

Edit: Ha-ha! /Nelson, embargo lifted and whaddayaknow?!?

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
12/4/13 10:48 a.m.
Javelin wrote: In reply to alfadriver: You're too funny man. You know that Autoweek didn't leak it, right? This is their official issue, which if you look at the cover date, is supposed to hit right after Ford's big announcements. This is the real deal, not some speculation. Edit: Ha-ha! /Nelson, embargo lifted and whaddayaknow?!?

Theoretically, it should not actually been on news stands until tomorrow. that's part of the deal.

But, hey, a few more days of banter about a car that 1% of the posters here will buy new, knock yourselves out.

Especially if it makes your ego feel better.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/4/13 10:55 a.m.

I heard they canceled the GT and made it FWD.

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
12/4/13 11:01 a.m.
logdog wrote: I heard they canceled the GT and made it FWD.

The Ford Probe is back?!

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/4/13 11:01 a.m.

I heard they also called that the "ANAL PROBE" this time......and the camaro/challenger were killed off again.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/4/13 11:02 a.m.

I can't wait until SVT sell the RWD conversion parts for it.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/4/13 11:06 a.m.

I can't decide how I feel about the looks but still it will go like stink and be very reasonable priced. What more can you want?

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/4/13 11:19 a.m.

A guy I talked to by the coffee pot said its going to have a 5 cylinder powerstroke diesel.

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
12/4/13 11:22 a.m.

You guys jest, but a friend IM'd me this morning complaining about the available 4 cylinder. I had to explain all about DI and turbocharging.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
12/4/13 11:36 a.m.

Those complaining about the rear, wait until you see it in the flesh, it's amazing. The width of the rear haunches and the scalping of the deck lid just don't show in photo's, it really is a good looking car.

I think the only cars you haven't compared it to yet are the Model T and the Aztec

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/4/13 11:40 a.m.
bravenrace wrote:

That is a much more becoming angle. That looks really, really good.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/4/13 11:58 a.m.

Yep, I can't wait to see specifications and pricing

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/4/13 12:14 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Me too.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
12/4/13 12:18 p.m.

Ditto. I hope the interior is laid out better than the outgoing model. That really killed it for me.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/4/13 12:20 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

You wouldn't buy one because it lacks pushrods.......don't kid a kidder.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/4/13 12:21 p.m.

I especially like the shorter overhangs. I've had an issue with the rear end since '05, but I think this one is an improvement over the last, although I'll wait until I see one in person to make that judgement.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
12/4/13 12:24 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Bobzilla: You wouldn't buy one because it lacks pushrods.......don't kid a kidder.

No, I was all for a PP V6 6-spd. took it on the test drive, LOVED the drivetrain. Absolutely loved it. The interior for hte driver I was "meh" on and then I went to the passenger side. Oh Hell No. Considering I'm not the only driver and I will spend time there, I couldn't do it.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/4/13 12:33 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

I had a similar experience. By the time I optioned up the interior to make it what it should be, the V-6 Mustang was priced like a entry level GT.

Adrian_Thompson
12/4/13 12:35 p.m.

Out of interest what do you not like about the current interior? While not a Lincoln, I have no issue with ours. Either seat is a great place to spend 3-4 hours and many many hundreds of miles.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/4/13 12:37 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

I didn't have a problem with the seats myself, but the standard interior isn't even as nice as the standard interior in a Fiesta. Optioning it up to the premium interior and adding a few other what I consider necessary options put the price out of range.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/4/13 12:41 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

Yep, if I can order a 2.3T+PP for around 30k, I'll buy one towards the end of next year. The '14 v6+pp was around 25-26k for how I'd want it.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
12/4/13 12:43 p.m.

paddle shift is rumored, that could possibly sway me away from a manual

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
12/4/13 12:44 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Out of interest what do you not like about the current interior? While not a Lincoln, I have no issue with ours. Either seat is a great place to spend 3-4 hours and many many hundreds of miles.

I'm a wide guy. At 6', 220 and a jacket size in the 46-range, the passenger seat felt like I was sitting in the door pocket. The materials were OK I guess, the switches were alright. But the seating position for hte passenger felt.... weird. The wife felt the same way.

Adrian_Thompson
12/4/13 1:05 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: I'm a wide guy. At 6', 220 and a jacket size in the 46-range, the passenger seat felt like I was sitting in the door pocket. The materials were OK I guess, the switches were alright. But the seating position for hte passenger felt.... weird. The wife felt the same way.

Shrug, I'm 6' and 235 so I out heft you by almost a stone and I fit fine.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S0iSv53nco2BZBmRoTJRpKnTMwyqNpbj4vosFWMN82QzZr2tCYMBgCTdPn3yjJPQ