1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/4/13 1:06 p.m.

I have to agree that I'm not a fan of the base interior in the current car. We had one as a rental a couple of weeks ago in Austin for the F1 race. The dash looks decent enough and the materials are about as you'd expect in a lower-model car, but the seating position felt awkward, and the seats themselves were bloody awful.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
12/4/13 1:08 p.m.

Yeah, that front quarter shot is sexy. I agree that the rear end on my 05 is way to long and it kind of looks like they sort of gave up designing at the rear wheels. The newer rear ends were even worse though, I'll take bland over ugly any day. Looked like they sawzalled off the back end of a Taurus and welded it on.

The passenger seat in mine sits an inch too low, the base of the seat is flat so you feel like you're gonna slide out, and it's manual so you don't have the adjustments to fix it like you can on the driver's side. My wife hates it. Hell, I hate it, but I never sit there. It's a driver's car!

I'm thinking there may be a point in the future where my 05 is worn out and I'll be shopping these hard. I wish they'd dropped more than the 200lbs ( which puts it back to the weight on my 05, more ore less) but getting that with the 400+ horse 5L and an independent rear is still pretty good.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/4/13 1:08 p.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler:

I haven't sat in a v6 that didn't have the PP.....so I cant relate. The recaro's are a nice place to be for sure though.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
12/4/13 1:10 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: I'm a wide guy. At 6', 220 and a jacket size in the 46-range, the passenger seat felt like I was sitting in the door pocket. The materials were OK I guess, the switches were alright. But the seating position for hte passenger felt.... weird. The wife felt the same way.
Shrug, I'm 6' and 235 so I out heft you by almost a stone and I fit fine.

I'm wide in the shoulders and, lately, growing in the waist. I find the passenger seat of the current mustang uncomfortable.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/4/13 1:12 p.m.

So the new Mustang isn't too different from the old one...front headlights are a lot less Lancer-ish than some of the sketches that had come out.

The colored diffuser is just downright ricey though.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/4/13 1:13 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

Go sit in one with the optional seats, you will like the recaro's.

In reply to gameboy:

I agree, we'll have to see it in the flesh to really know.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/4/13 1:15 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

Its quite a bit different mechanically. And I think that colored diffuser will only be on certain trim levels, and on those it can easily be blackened out. I agree it's kind of ugly, and while it's not exactly what I would have done (if I had the talent), I'm really liking the rest of it.

92dxman
92dxman HalfDork
12/4/13 1:27 p.m.

It looks good. I see hints of G35 and last gen Tiburon hatch in the back end tho.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/4/13 1:47 p.m.

In reply to 92dxman:

I see hints of a classic mustang that influenced the look of the G35 and Tiburon...

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/4/13 1:48 p.m.

Everyone that keeps seeing some other car in the Mustang needs to keep in mind that the new Mustang is an evolution of every Mustang before it, and those cars were around long before Accords and G35's and Tiburons and Aston Martins and...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/4/13 1:50 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: Everyone that keeps seeing some other car in the Mustang needs to keep in mind that the new Mustang is an evolution of every Mustang before it, and those cars were around long before Accords and G35's and Tiburons and Aston Martins and...

Pretty sure Aston Martin was around before the Mustang...

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/4/13 1:52 p.m.

Then factor in that some design elements of all new cars look alike due to regulations or aerodynamics, and that for many reasons a new Mustang can't look exactly like an old one, and it becomes evident what a remarkable job Ford did on this car.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/4/13 1:54 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
bravenrace wrote: Everyone that keeps seeing some other car in the Mustang needs to keep in mind that the new Mustang is an evolution of every Mustang before it, and those cars were around long before Accords and G35's and Tiburons and Aston Martins and...

You are correct. I was thinking about the current grill controversy but stated it like I was talking about the brand - My mistake. But I shouldn't have even brought up that because the grill isn't even the same shape. I will say that since there is also a certain Aston Martin model that borrowed heavily from the Mustang, maybe we should call it a wash, eh?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/4/13 1:59 p.m.
bravenrace wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:
You are correct. I was thinking about the current grill controversy but stated it like I was talking about the brand - My mistake. But I shouldn't have even brought up that because the grill isn't even the same shape. I will say that since there is also a certain Aston Martin model that borrowed heavily from the Mustang, maybe we should call it a wash, eh?

Aston Martin building a better looking Mustang since 1969.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
12/4/13 2:01 p.m.

Better looking? I don't think so...

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/4/13 2:40 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
bravenrace wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:
Aston Martin building a better looking Mustang since 1969.

Hey, that looks just like a Mustang II !

(ducks)

(runs)

J/K !!

I do like the new-look rear and it does remind me of the '69/'70 fastbacks Jim is showing. The front, not so much. I guess that's something we'll have to learn to like. Or not. Might look into getting one -after I see it in the flesh- in a couple of years...

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/4/13 2:58 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:

All current day astons take more styling cues from the 70's vantage(that you pictured) than they do from the astons from the 60's(DB4/DB5) The 70's vantage was heavily enfluenced by the 60's mustangs. YMMV

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
12/4/13 3:28 p.m.

I work for Ford, I drive a Mustang, I will get a new Mustang, but damn, I would love to find a way to justify owning a chrome bumper V8 or Vantage. Droooolllllll

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/4/13 3:39 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

Being a brit I'd expect that from you, I also love those AM's though......nearly moreso than the DB's prior to it.

AverageH
AverageH New Reader
12/4/13 5:00 p.m.

I will say that the new Mustang should be an awesome car. I really don't like the looks though; looks like a 2x4 with little windows. Not my style, but I'm sure lots of fans will enjoy it. No published weight yet?

-Hamid

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/4/13 5:11 p.m.
AverageH wrote: No published weight yet?

Tomorrow's the nominal launch date?

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/4/13 8:24 p.m.

In reply to ransom:

Buwahahaha, that picture is awesome.

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
12/4/13 9:30 p.m.

I'm unsure if I like the new one better than the outgoing one as far as looks, but if it really is smaller/lighter and just as powerful, then I don't care how it looks.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
12/4/13 10:14 p.m.
bravenrace wrote:

If you lean to the left with your tongue out the right side and squint a bit

photo 1403678_3532257760521_1433760419_o_zpsc5e0e186.jpg

see separated at birth

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
12/5/13 12:23 a.m.

ok it's growing on me, now I like the way it looks. If it's even a little bit smaller than the old one and a few hundred pounds lighter, I'm going to have to try very hard to not tell my brother the Ford salesman how much I like it or he may end up trying to sell me one. The fact that I have WAY not enough money for a new $30k+ car would make the test drive all the more painful...

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ERWO56ELmNOhvN0XVLjRcfWdTcVumPvAy69rgAvMwaBf9PNmXpuyfKXjdMs1sWXY