1 2 3 ... 7
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
11/19/13 5:40 p.m.

Damn this looks good, we should get some actual details when it debuts at the LA auto show.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
11/19/13 5:42 p.m.

What would you like to know?

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/13 5:44 p.m.

Looks like a rebadged Isuzu DMax.

http://allcars2014.com/2014-isuzu-d-max-new-pick-up/

motomad1
motomad1 New Reader
11/19/13 5:47 p.m.

Not sure I like the Camaro badging front grille

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
11/19/13 5:47 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Looks like a rebadged Isuzu DMax.

They always have been. It was a joint development between GM and Isuzu

Standard 2.5L -193hp 184lb-ft of torque Optional 3.6l - 302hp 270 lb-ft of torque All backed by a 6-speed auto, all engines are "truck tuned"

Duramax 2.8L I-4 turbodiesel available in the second year.

Class leading payload capacity 6,700lb trailering capacity

No regular cab

WT, LT, Z71 trims available. All with 2wd or 4wd

Z71 features gunmetal grill surround, projector headlamps, unique 17" wheels

All models have aluminum hoods and active aero grille shutters. Standard CornerStep, EZ Lift and Lower tailgate, Two-tier loading in bed.

All they safety standards GM has put in the Silverado

41' turning radius

4 wheel disc w/ Duralife rotors

G80 locking rear

No manual trans. I'm out.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/13 5:53 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
Javelin wrote: Looks like a rebadged Isuzu DMax.
They always have been. It was a joint development between GM and Isuzu

Didn't say it was a bad thing!

Until you said this:

Zomby Woof wrote: No manual trans. I'm out.
Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
11/19/13 5:54 p.m.

Mine's a 2011. I won't need a new truck for 10 more years anyway. That will give them time to smarten up.

The formatting on this forum is brutal.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
11/19/13 5:58 p.m.

No reg cab(and thus, no long box), no stick, this isn't a truck.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
11/19/13 6:16 p.m.
motomad1 wrote: Not sure I like the Camaro badging front grille

that style of badge was on trucks long before it was ever put on a 5th gen Camaro..

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
11/19/13 6:27 p.m.

I could understand why they would do no regular cab, but that's dumb.

However if it comes in an extended cab, I'm cool with that. I would like a crew cab, but that almost seems like a waste for a truck.

I'd hold out for a diesel.

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/19/13 7:11 p.m.

I'd really like it if it had rhinoplasty. Trucks nowadays have engine compartments that dwarf the motors.

ShadowSix
ShadowSix Dork
11/19/13 7:30 p.m.

What's the story on this 2.8L turbodiesel?

airwerks
airwerks New Reader
11/19/13 7:32 p.m.

2.5L and 2.8L 4cyl diesels + lots of internetz rumors looks like the "Duramax" may be a VM Moturi like what was ran in the Liberty here and many Dodge minivans and Wranglers overseas....

I'll be curious if the bad rep the motor got from Jeep here was because of the engine (I'm doubting it) or Chrysler (more likely).

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/19/13 7:40 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: I would like a crew cab, but that almost seems like a waste for a truck.

until you need to put a child seat in it. then it's awesome. FIL's extended cab with child seat where the LATCH system is(behind passenger seat) requires passenger front seat all the way forward and the back all the way vertical - ie useless. my crew cab means the passenger can be pretty much all the way back and sitting comfortably.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
11/19/13 7:47 p.m.

In reply to patgizz:

That's something I never thought about. I like the idea of a crew cab, but get worried about the lack of space in the cargo box. I hate the way the full size crew cab-long bed trucks look.

Brian
Brian SuperDork
11/19/13 8:05 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: In reply to patgizz: That's something I never thought about. I like the idea of a crew cab, but get worried about the lack of space in the cargo box. I hate the way the full size crew cab-long bed trucks look.

funny I love them especially with duallies and a cap

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
11/19/13 8:22 p.m.

In reply to Brian:

Maybe I should have specified. Duallies look right because of the flared fenders with dual wheels. It looks proportionate.

The standard axle, non-dualle truck looks like its a truck limo that's going to snap in half at any point.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
11/19/13 8:38 p.m.

a 6' box is just as useless as I can stand. any smaller, and you lost me.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
11/19/13 8:42 p.m.

In reply to novaderrik:

Yeah i really like the look of the new 2014 chevy trucks with the z71 package. Has that classic mid 80s grille styling but a modern version.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
11/19/13 9:28 p.m.

Wow, I didn't know about these.

If they do end up coming with the diesel, that's 300ftlb of torques... AT 1400RPM !

That might not seem like much, but if it is rated to tow 6700lbs... the real kicker is that it ONLY WEIGHS 4000LBS! My current 1993 GMC ext cab weighs 4500lbs and only has 300lbft @ 2800rpm. This could be the ultimate DD/tow every once in a while toy.

plance1
plance1 Dork
11/20/13 12:19 a.m.

looks like a Hyundai genesis to me...I keed, I keed

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
11/20/13 5:45 a.m.

http://blogs.cars.com/files/chevrolet-colorado-reveal-release-111113.pdf

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/20/13 6:19 a.m.
plance1 wrote: looks like a Hyundai genesis to me...I keed, I keed

Clearly they are ripping off Aston Martin.

(And UGH not the diesel. They had to reflash them for a significant detune in the Liberties because 4 cylinder turbodiesel equalled shredded transmissions... which is why Dodge/Jeep/whatever is using a 6 cylinder now)

Storz
Storz Dork
11/20/13 6:42 a.m.

Diesel + manual = I'm in Automatic only = no thanks

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
11/20/13 6:57 a.m.

It will be interesting to see what price point these come in at. I look at them and can't see much cost savings over building a Sikverado. Yes, all of the pieces are a bit smaller, but I can't believe that the raw material savings will be much. I also can't believe that you can make a truck much more basic and stripped than the base Silverado. So does that mean that the base Colorado is going to cost more than the has Silverado given that there is no standard cab strippy option?
Having said all of that, I live in Texas where everything is set up to handle full size trucks. Roads, parking, garages, it's all big enough but I can see that not everywhere in the US is like that.

1 2 3 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I7sqgBpAx34D5joV7P15MDw3Iiy5kklctOGXER7sORGwUFj4pXcJg0Bv4fjDLofk