1 2
madmrak351
madmrak351 New Reader
2/15/22 8:26 a.m.

These cars are much more attractive in person. However the wheels on the test car are not my first choice by any stretch.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
2/15/22 8:27 a.m.
Appleseed said:
z31maniac said:
JG Pasterjak said:
Appleseed said:

Good God...those wheels!

Good God good or Good God bad?

For me they are Good God good. 

Seriously? They look like they belong on a Hyundai Sante Fe.

They aren't wide enough and aren't close enough to the fenders like a good stock BMW fitment. And I can think of other styles I'd rather have or would replace them with. If I could afford a $100k+ car, I'd be on the phone with HRE before the car arrive, but I don't make that kind of money.

But this is the forum that thinks 15" Kosei's are the god of wheels, so I didn't really expect any of you to agree with me.

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/15/22 8:51 a.m.

I still say that Chevrolet is hoping their new Vet will be used in the next remake of the movie Transformers. Hopefully Shia LaButt made sure that will never happen.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/15/22 10:08 a.m.
Appleseed said:
dculberson said:

What is this hard Parker monthly? We see an awesome mid engine v8 American supercar and complain about the wheels? Cmon enjoy it for what it has!! The performance!!

The ZO6 is a special car. I want special wheels.

This isn't z Z06, it's a Z51 which is a base Corvette with a handling package.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/15/22 10:21 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

That is true. 

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/15/22 10:49 a.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:

I think wheels and some subtle visual tweaks make a big difference. 

(ps. Not my car)

Hawt. Why cant they look like that from the factory?

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
2/15/22 11:01 a.m.

In reply to mblommel :

Because those HRE's are probably somewhere in the $10-15k per set range. But they look AMAZING.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/15/22 11:24 a.m.
dculberson said:
Appleseed said:
dculberson said:

What is this hard Parker monthly? We see an awesome mid engine v8 American supercar and complain about the wheels? Cmon enjoy it for what it has!! The performance!!

The ZO6 is a special car. I want special wheels.

This isn't z Z06, it's a Z51 which is a base Corvette with a handling package.

Yeah, I  caught that. The Z51 still doesn't deserve Hyundai wheels.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
2/15/22 12:09 p.m.

Z51 owner with the snowflake pkg. Next door neighbor, hey bro how come you aren't tearin' it up? Owner....that left front took three hours to clean .....maybe tomorrow.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
2/15/22 10:53 p.m.
z31maniac said:

In reply to mblommel :

Because those HRE's are probably somewhere in the $10-15k per set range. But they look AMAZING.  

I'm pretty sure the wheels on the red convertible weren't nearly that expensive. Definitely less than $5k.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
2/16/22 9:26 a.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:
z31maniac said:

In reply to mblommel :

I'm pretty sure the wheels on the red convertible weren't nearly that expensive. Definitely less than $5k.

You should look up what HRE's cost. They are typically well north of $2k PER WHEEL. 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/16/22 10:04 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

Their last forged wheels yes.  HRE has a new line of flow formed wheels that are priced lower.  

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
2/16/22 10:16 a.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to z31maniac :

Their last forged wheels yes.  HRE has a new line of flow formed wheels that are priced lower.  

Nice! I didn't know that. I've just always thought of them as the insanely expensive forged specialty stuff. 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/16/22 5:47 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

I had a set of insanely expensive 3 piece 547s I got for my 996 for a killer deal.  They were factory refurbished.  They still make expensive hand assembled forged wheels, but they now have a lot of options in flow formed wheels.  Sadly most all of their wheels now are 19s, 20s or 21s.  If they made flow formed 18s in sizes I use, I'd strongly consider it.  They have a lot of awesome color options. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/16/22 5:59 p.m.

Our buddies at Forgeline also offer some flow-formed wheels for the C8.

cvedral
cvedral New Reader
2/16/22 7:04 p.m.

So lost in the wheels debate you forgot about the rest of the car. Well i have a my22 z51 in silver flare. It took me 2 weeks before i realized it has a stereo. This car is awesome! My wife now wants to take my corvette to the ladies luncheons instead of her new honda accord. ARRRG

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bjsCfzCRc9RPKf66053Rf642mYJ1PSO6Lt107F9nNw2YdQUvohSdAonlr4Wb905z