L5wolvesf Dork
6/2/24 5:37 p.m.
Tom1200 said:

What the hell was that crap....

Pre-season football - lots of punts.

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
6/2/24 6:46 p.m.

I thought the midpack of indy nxt was a really great race.  Maybe the cars are smaller and give more options for racing line and passes, but there was some great racing this morning.  

Agreed that indycar was a mess.  Really enjoyed being in detroit though.  As tough as it is to host a street race, i think the city did a great job.  Sorry for inconvienencing all the residents, but thank you sincerely for the hospitality.   

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/2/24 7:38 p.m.

That Detroit street circuit is stupid, but the race was a whole lot better than last week in Monte Carlo.  Which says more about Monte Carlo than Detroit.

I was pretty surprised the see Alex Rossi back fighting at the front after being parked in the lap one kerfuffle.  I think he probably finished where he was going to finish.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/2/24 8:55 p.m.

The race was exciting, interesting, and rather stupid. So many dumb moves. Adrian and I went down there on Friday and walked around basically the whole circuit. That straight that leads into the hairpin is LONG, it's not surprise that there were incidents there, it goes from wide and fast to tight and slow in basically one corner. I'm not sure how they can fix the circuit given the current constraints, but I hope they can do something.

I miss Belle Isle. frown

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
6/3/24 9:17 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

To be fair indycar drivers are far more aggressive, the cars are spec and more stout then F1, so there is little divide between them. The rules seem to be less strict in indycar no penalty points and less favoritism unlike F1. F1 can change the rules and they wreck like they did in 1998 Spa laugh and run to their spare cars. If F1 switched to the F2/3 cars they can look more like Indycar.

Herta was screwed by his team, then made a bone head mistake, but should have won it. However then there is Dixon that basically makes it boring with his F1 strategy (Mike Hull is a genius) saving fuel and passing in the pits. 

I think the Marketing is pushing too much WWENascar agenda with Santino Ferrucci, now if he puts on a mask and is funny like PT I am all for it. laugh

Paul Tracy: Lack of rivalries and 'bad guys' are hurting the ...

Really impressed by Vautier, 6 year hiatus and did really nice a job, even though I am rooting for Malikus to take over or go to MSR.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
6/7/24 9:14 a.m.

Malukas To Finish Season With Meyer Shank I am a fan of MSR and I think this is a good move for them.

Anyone going to MId-O in July? thinking of going on Saturday only.

6/7/24 10:01 a.m.

Excellent news! Good to see Little Dave get another opportunity.

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Dork
6/7/24 6:50 p.m.

An IndyCar driver change this weekend at Road America due to some social media issues after Detroit.

https://sports.yahoo.com/indycar-arrow-mclaren-terminates-business-agreement-with-juncos-hollinger-racing-over-fan-abuse-on-social-media-145510616.html

https://sports.yahoo.com/canapino-takes-indycar-leave-absence-195754026.html

I thought I read Callum Ilott was going back into the Juncos car but I may be wrong on that.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
6/7/24 8:49 p.m.

All I can say is I'm jacked up to watch the Road America race this weekend - I love that place and it's always a great race. 

RacerBoy75
RacerBoy75 Reader
6/8/24 4:03 p.m.

I think Ilott had enough of the Juncos-Hollinger ****show, it seems impossible that he would go back to driving for them. He got a lot of social media death threats from Canapino fans. Not a good look for Argentinian sports fans!

It's bad enough that McLaren has severed their working relationship with Junco.

johndej
johndej UltraDork
6/9/24 4:34 p.m.

Running about 1/2 hour behind on video following F1 race but even on a non street circuit these guys are driving like your average spec miata field. 11 laps 3 cautions.

Edit, they've cleaned things up since then. Wild to see Newgarden I think bouncing it off the rev limiter going into turn 1.

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
6/9/24 5:47 p.m.

It settled down fir the last 25 laps or so.

For Newgarden to even be out there, let alone competing like he is after that 95g hit at the kink yesterday is amazing.  Watching it in real time makes my body hurt.

johndej
johndej UltraDork
6/9/24 6:31 p.m.

In reply to racerfink :

Agreed, I was reminded of the Katherine Legge crash there years ago but where she went flying, he just stuck, thankfully they're are safer barriers there now.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
6/18/24 3:10 p.m.

SIEGEL TO MAKE ARROW MCLAREN DEBUT AT LAGUNA SECA  I did not expect this, but figured something was going on when he didn't race in the NXT and it was clear he wasn't going back. He wins Lemans and then gets to announce a multi year deal with Mclaren. At 19 years old probably feels on top of the world.

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/18/24 4:52 p.m.

My son is graduating on Friday in Monterey, so we're going to Laguna Seca on Saturday. Anyone else going to be there?

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
6/23/24 6:44 p.m.

Once again open wheel fans are red headed step kids............NASCAR is on due to a rain delay........GRRRR.

Iusedtobefast
Iusedtobefast Reader
6/23/24 11:12 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

Fox is getting IndyCar. At least we may not have to search all over for it

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
6/23/24 11:30 p.m.

In reply to Iusedtobefast :

I was waiting for them to say where they bounced it to but they never did.

I found it on CNBC.

6/24/24 8:34 a.m.
Tom1200 said:

I was waiting for them to say where they bounced it to but they never did.

I found it on CNBC.

I was watching the beginning of the race on Peacock and they mentioned that the broadcast had moved to CNBC.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
6/24/24 12:38 p.m.

I am wondering what is the fine print that Fox can't just throw it on FS1 or 2 if a soccer or Baseball game goes over. I rather pay the $20 per year to watch it on Peacock, especially since I watch IMSA as well. Oh well can't be perfect.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
6/24/24 2:58 p.m.

F1 Rumor: Logan Sargeant Signs Deal Away From Williams For 2025 With Imminent Announcement Expected He raced with Prema in F3, and I think will do well in Indycar, this makes sense if it actually happens.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
7/2/24 1:56 p.m.

Lundgaard replacing Rossi at Arrow McLaren in 2025 Christian is on the up, and I guess that McLaren also landed the Hy-vee sponsorship so its a double blow for RLL.  This should make it interesting for the rest of the year drivers racing for a ride with a new hybrid technology little over the half way mark. 

7/2/24 4:33 p.m.

Rossi's year was starting to look up, but it sounds like him and McLaren couldn't come to an agreement. So this isn't the usual McLaren driver merry-go-round, just an expiring contract that didn't get renewed. I'm a Rossi fan, but Lundgaard is much younger and has been very impressive in a so-so RLL car, so I get it.

Scuttlebutt has Rossi joining Prema in their new entry for 2025. Makes sense, they'd want a veteran presence.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/2/24 4:39 p.m.

Yeah it's weird that the articles make it sound like "ZOMG MID SEASON DUMPING" when the reality is Rossi wasn't entitled to a new contract and McLaren chose to not give him one agreabe to his terms.  

That said I'm not surprised that's the way it's spun and it's probably deserved given the way McLaren has handled drivers for the past 2 seasons.

Iusedtobefast
Iusedtobefast Reader
7/2/24 5:04 p.m.

So wait... is Prema going to be a two car team with Rossi and Sargent driving? 

ok, forget it. I found the info. Two Chevy powered cars.  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YI4MczViT7vsUuvM3eoGQomGuNOXUjkdKUQR1lwybF0D9TViQ3LEQx23flzkPujG