All the races are on one station smiley

Hoppps
Hoppps Reader
9/23/24 12:04 p.m.

Great, another subscription I need.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/23/24 12:31 p.m.

Well, that's certainly a lot better than them being scattered around multiple networks.  It was a bit rediculous this last season.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/23/24 12:37 p.m.
Hoppps said:

Great, another subscription I need.

For Fox? In the majority of the country, a $10 antenna will pick it up.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/23/24 12:40 p.m.

If I'm not mistaken, I think some Fox programming is included in Hulu, so that might be another avenue to watch.

(Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
9/23/24 1:40 p.m.

Sargeant to get IndyCar test with Meyer Shank He might not be able to get a seat with MSR, but atleast he is able to show his talent.

Also I am using a $15 HD antenna that I cemented in a 5 gallon pale that I move around, it is hooked up to 4 TV's with a Amp. Fox comes in well, but a bit bummed that I will likely not be able to see qualifying and practice like I did with Peacock. Hulu+ live TV comes with local fox, but I am not going to spend the extra I will just watch the highlights on youtube.

Hoppps
Hoppps Reader
9/23/24 1:46 p.m.

Honestly, I have that I was the second post and immediately complained...so sorry about that! Reality is my goal this year was to watch more indycar, and I'll do the same next year whether I have to get an antenna or another sub.

I read that Jamie Chadwick might get some drives next year so that will be really neat to watch!

9/23/24 2:22 p.m.

On the TV front, if this Venu thing ever ends up happening, it would be a possible place for Fox to put things like practice and qualifying. If not, maybe they will be on FS1 or FS2? I'm hoping. But at least all the races themselves will be on free over-the-air. That's something.

Meanwhile, it's almost October, and we still don't know where, or even if, Alex Rossi will be racing next year. indecision

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
9/23/24 3:36 p.m.

I have to say, I miss the event on the streets of Nashville. Not so much for IndyCar, but for Trans Am and SRO. Loved watching those and the vibe in the paddock area.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
9/26/24 8:25 a.m.

Rossi teaming with Rasmussen at Ed Carpenter Racing it became more obvious when Gelov bought a stake in Carpenter. RLL, Juncos, and DCR I think are the only seats not accounted for.

9/27/24 1:57 p.m.

Michael Andretti to "leave" his ownership position in Andretti Global.

Wow! I don't know exactly what it means, but I can't imagine it's good.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
9/27/24 2:53 p.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

I saw that - what's this mean?

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Dork
9/27/24 4:22 p.m.

Here is an interesting bit of follow up

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/michael-andretti-stepping-down-could-192607198.html 

Hoppps
Hoppps Reader
9/27/24 4:34 p.m.

Curious about what that means for the factory at silverstone...that nice new one they just hired a bunch of people for.

9/27/24 9:12 p.m.

Gotta admit, I had no idea that Liberty had such a personal hatred for Michael. Maybe this will break the logjam?

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Dork
9/28/24 12:25 p.m.

From the look of the Liberty CEO comment I doubt they would accept having the Andretti name on the team. But, the Andretti name is recognized worldwide. It is marketable. It sounds like a very personal issue.

With Michael out, so to speak, if the entrant name were to change I would imagine that would be a signal they will continue to seek F1 entry. But then what happens with Cadillac – GM without the marketability of Andretti?

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
10/1/24 1:20 p.m.

Drugovich, Chadwick complete first IndyCar tests at Barber  Drugovich no doubt is fast, I wonder how complicated getting out of his AM contract would be or if he can race in indycar, Juncos would probably be a good fit for him.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
10/4/24 5:08 p.m.
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:

Michael Andretti to "leave" his ownership position in Andretti Global.

Wow! I don't know exactly what it means, but I can't imagine it's good.

Just heard this news from an F1 perspective.  What in the world?

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
10/11/24 9:10 a.m.

RLL signs Indy NXT champion Foster  Vips is on retainer, but Veekay is probably the better driver to take the 3rd seat. It will be interesting what they do, Juncos still has 2 seats, DCR 2 seats, and Prema has 1 seat (which in another article it was said that Veekay is not a candidate). Still some tests to happen with drivers without seats, which could also stir the pot.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
10/14/24 3:44 p.m.

Deegan Shifting Gears to INDY NXT with HMD in 2025 she probably has a bigger social media following that half the ICS field, I enjoy watching her on youtube, because she built a kart track and she did a F3 test. This is a pretty big step from F3, not sure if the nascab stuff will apply to the NXT.

CrashDummy
CrashDummy Reader
10/15/24 7:55 a.m.
trigun7469 said:

Deegan Shifting Gears to INDY NXT with HMD in 2025 she probably has a bigger social media following that half the ICS field, I enjoy watching her on youtube, because she built a kart track and she did a F3 test. This is a pretty big step from F3, not sure if the nascab stuff will apply to the NXT.

I expect her to be a threat on the ovals because a lot of the NXT field has 0 experience with that, but there are only 4 of those on the schedule. She didn't really excel at road courses in Nascar (although she didn't excel anywhere) but she was very near the front of the field when she ran in the Michelin Pilot Challenge races so it will be interesting to see where she stacks up.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o0O4I4ULvUPhtbiZTDPSZY0x5N6taV4FSmXyPsEo0qUXSJKUyzuN2WGTyY88Ky3W