1 2 3
Rupert
Rupert HalfDork
1/27/15 9:12 a.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe:Wow! A pimpmobile at the ring. What a good idea. NOT!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/27/15 9:12 a.m.

I want to see a Semi go around the ring

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
1/27/15 9:18 a.m.

The $52,995 is THE price for the 'base' GT350, not rumored, but the actual confirmed MSPR prior to 'Market Ass Raping', sorry I mean 'market adjustments' by dealers.

No pricing has been announced for the GT350R though. I have no idea what it's going to be, but with the Carbon wheels, carbon brakes, carbon splitter, I bet it's not going to be cheap, especially as the numbers are so limited the amortization just isn't going to be there. Again, I have no idea, just pulling from where the sun don't shine.

P.S. I"ve said before 'market adjustments' should be outlawed and I've been slammed for it, it's a free market after all. Well my answer to that is. I'll allow 'market adjustments' as soon as dealers all roll over and stop whining about Tesla etc and stop trying to run a closed shop. It's either a free market or it's not.

Adrian_Thompson
1/27/15 9:21 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: I want to see a Semi go around the ring

Lorry racing on the ring. Already been done. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac3JGtieH8A

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/27/15 9:34 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

Are the carbon brakes an option? The one at NAIAS seemed to have steel rotors. Unless they've figured out how to make carbon ones shiney....

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Reader
1/27/15 9:37 a.m.

Yep. The first thing I thought when I saw "Carbon wheels" was "$$$$."

Looks cool though. If I had that kind of money I think I'd be buying one just for the noise it makes

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
1/27/15 10:33 a.m.
Rupert wrote: In reply to wearymicrobe:Wow! A pimpmobile at the ring. What a good idea. NOT!

You would be surprised just how much you can hustle on of those things. They would not let me autocross mine though for some reason.

gjz30075
gjz30075 Reader
1/27/15 10:37 a.m.
noddaz wrote: Those Mustangs running the flat plane crank engines?

Yes sir.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/27/15 11:14 a.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

I've had a semi at some point during most laps I've turned at the ring

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
1/27/15 2:29 p.m.

I read the title as July 32, 2016. LOL

Adrian_Thompson
1/27/15 2:44 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Adrian_Thompson: Are the carbon brakes an option? The one at NAIAS seemed to have steel rotors. Unless they've figured out how to make carbon ones shiney....

I misspoke there. Carbon wheels.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/27/15 3:34 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

Its all good, at least it won't have ludicrous cost of brake service like the z/28 with its carbon things....

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
1/27/15 3:44 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote: Yep. The first thing I thought when I saw "Carbon wheels" was "$$$$." Looks cool though. If I had that kind of money I think I'd be buying one just for the noise it makes

but is it a real noise... or faked?????

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
1/27/15 6:24 p.m.

the Z/28 is one hell of a race car for the price- even if another car is faster on one lap, the Z will probably be faster all day..

and you don't have to buy one to get the special parts: everything that is put on the cars has a GM part number and is available over the counter, and can even be installed on a new car by the dealer before delivery without voiding the warranty... if you want carbon brakes on your new V6 Camaro, they will do it and roll it all into the financing..

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
1/27/15 6:39 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: the Z/28 is one hell of a race car for the price- even if another car is faster on one lap, the Z will probably be faster all day.. and you don't have to buy one to get the special parts: everything that is put on the cars has a GM part number and is available over the counter, and can even be installed on a new car by the dealer before delivery without voiding the warranty... if you want carbon brakes on your new V6 Camaro, they will do it and roll it all into the financing..

See the USA, buy a Chevrolet.... I hope you are getting paid for this pimpin

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
1/27/15 7:02 p.m.

In reply to novaderrik:

I was trying to get a buddy to go all out on his V6 Camaro today. He thought I was stupid because it was only a V6.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/27/15 7:15 p.m.
The_Jed wrote:
DeadSkunk wrote: Mustang,Cadillac, or Camaro? Who cares about a lap time , they're all worth far more than I'll pay for a car. I think they should start setting times at the Ring in bro-trucks.It would be just as relevant.
^What I was trying and failing miserably to say. I wasn't trying to kick off a ford vs chevy thing, I couldn't care less about that. $75k would buy a decent 3 bedroom house in some of the small towns around here.

It's sad when I see and say the same thing. I was a Camaro fan boy for a long time. But when I can buy 2 of the houses I'm considering and rent 1 out for that kind of money. Plus have 15 years or more to pay for them, I'll keep driving 20 year old cars that I can buy for the price of an aftermarket cat back.

Paintball team mate of mine just picked up a new 'stang GT and is pleased as can be with his 400+hp. He's single, still rents, has a "professional" job. He looked at me funny when I told him he could have had a hell of a start on purchasing a house by the time pays off his 400 hp car instead of paying for the privlege of 400 hp and never getting his money out of it.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
1/27/15 7:23 p.m.

In reply to Spinout007:

Uh-Oh, I think someone has reached adulthood

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
1/27/15 7:25 p.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote:
novaderrik wrote: the Z/28 is one hell of a race car for the price- even if another car is faster on one lap, the Z will probably be faster all day.. and you don't have to buy one to get the special parts: everything that is put on the cars has a GM part number and is available over the counter, and can even be installed on a new car by the dealer before delivery without voiding the warranty... if you want carbon brakes on your new V6 Camaro, they will do it and roll it all into the financing..
See the USA, buy a Chevrolet.... I hope you are getting paid for this pimpin

nope.. just pointing out that they have engineered some awesome parts that anyone can put on their lower level cars to make them just a little more awesome. as a car guy, you should not only appreciate that fact but understand that this stuff will eventually work it's way down from their motorsports bred halo cars to their production economy cars over the next 5-10 years and it is the kind of thing that drives all the other car manufacturers to try to play catch up..

just wait a couple of years when the next gen Camaro comes out and the prices of the current model that came out as a '10 model start dropping and the people that couldn't afford them when they were new get their hands on them and want to do some upgrades and all they have to do is head to the local GM dealer and pick the stuff up- not only the expensive brakes, but also the cheap and easily installed body panels and what not..

Adrift
Adrift Reader
1/27/15 7:26 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote: It's sad when I see and say the same thing. I was a Camaro fan boy for a long time. But when I can buy 2 of the houses I'm considering and rent 1 out for that kind of money. Plus have 15 years or more to pay for them, I'll keep driving 20 year old cars that I can buy for the price of an aftermarket cat back. Paintball team mate of mine just picked up a new 'stang GT and is pleased as can be with his 400+hp. He's single, still rents, has a "professional" job. He looked at me funny when I told him he could have had a hell of a start on purchasing a house by the time pays off his 400 hp car instead of paying for the privlege of 400 hp and never getting his money out of it.

My dad always says "you can live in a car but you can't drive a house".

Spinout007
1/27/15 7:34 p.m.
Nick_Comstock wrote: In reply to Spinout007: Uh-Oh, I think someone has reached adulthood

Nah... Just found the church of boost and older cars.

Spinout007
1/27/15 7:38 p.m.
Adrift wrote:
Spinout007 wrote: It's sad when I see and say the same thing. I was a Camaro fan boy for a long time. But when I can buy 2 of the houses I'm considering and rent 1 out for that kind of money. Plus have 15 years or more to pay for them, I'll keep driving 20 year old cars that I can buy for the price of an aftermarket cat back. Paintball team mate of mine just picked up a new 'stang GT and is pleased as can be with his 400+hp. He's single, still rents, has a "professional" job. He looked at me funny when I told him he could have had a hell of a start on purchasing a house by the time pays off his 400 hp car instead of paying for the privlege of 400 hp and never getting his money out of it.

Yeah, heard that excuse before too. I've lived in a sports car, no desire to ever do it again.

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
1/28/15 7:20 a.m.
Spinout007 wrote:
Adrift wrote:
Yeah, heard that excuse before too. I've lived in a sports car, no desire to ever do it again.

I'd rather have the rental and the cool car too if I couldn't afford both. I've seen too many people do the practical thing, then end up never getting what they really wanted.... Two of them are sporting minivans now. Luckily I can now have my cake and eat it too, but there was a time when I had a couple of cool cars, bike, and (gasp) a rental townhouse. Looking back I wouldn't have changed a thing.

edizzle89
edizzle89 Reader
1/28/15 8:33 a.m.
Adrift wrote: My dad always says "you can live in a car but you can't drive a house".

exactly! and a wagon makes it that much easier

Adrian_Thompson
1/28/15 8:34 a.m.

In reply to novaderrik:

Nova, what part of the GT350 or GT350R wont have a Ford part number on it and wont be available at your local dealer if you turn up with a part #? Trying to figure out what magical thing GM have done that Ford haven't?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CXTBlNYyDkmSHbohQEpTOa25dhe3WdCsda7wTy0Waajd91QRJZMaPMhdR0NmBfIB