06HHR
06HHR New Reader
12/6/12 9:05 p.m.

Rallying - The Killer years. Interviews with Michele Mouton, Ari Vatenen and team principals on Velocity now

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/6/12 9:46 p.m.

In reply to 06HHR: Grrr... I just caught it. It's almost over and there are no repeats listed in the guide.

andrave
andrave HalfDork
12/6/12 9:48 p.m.

just tuned in after reading. commercial now. anticipating.

06HHR
06HHR New Reader
12/7/12 8:01 a.m.

It's on again December 17th, 10:00 pm. Really great interviews with Walter Rohrl, Jean Todt, Ari Vatenen, Michele Mouton and snippets with Stig Blovmquist and other rally drivers and co-drivers. It's a BBC documentary about the impact of Group B on the World Rally. Here's a link to program description Rallying - The Killer Years

Jerry
Jerry New Reader
12/7/12 8:08 a.m.

No cable = sad panda.

Matt B
Matt B Dork
12/7/12 8:25 a.m.

Subscribed so I can find this thread when I'm back at home with my DVR.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/7/12 9:08 a.m.

We watched it last. Yeah, sometimes you forget that those cars were called the Killer B's for a reason

06HHR
06HHR New Reader
12/7/12 10:04 a.m.

The in-car footage where you hear the co-driver say "dear god" when the car gets loose near the end of a stage really puts what those folks were doing in perspective. Could you imagine running flat out through a sea of spectators like they did? It's amazing the carnage wasn't worse than it actually was. And I got a stiffy for Michele Mouton, even now..

andrave
andrave HalfDork
12/7/12 10:36 a.m.

pretty sad ending to the group B class... on the one hand, that era of rallying transformed motorsports, not just rallying, but the AWD/turbo movement sort of spilled out onto drag strips and road courses. On the other hand, so many talented drivers had horrible career/life ending crashes in a pretty short period of time.

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
12/7/12 8:38 p.m.

for those looking for old-school rally fix....

1980s paris-dakar...90 minutes worth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2thf2NwMYE

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
12/8/12 10:35 a.m.

I watched the first half last night. So far, it was well done.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
af1sCb0XoXAU9XhZrPqn5ZIkxUmoXSiYKNBbdkGUTLZiJkoiRAg813R8ra7caTnR