AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/21/08 8:12 a.m.

January 2009 Classic Motorsports, Page 112, "Helping Hands: Meet the Analog PDA"

i LOL'd. who's responsible for that?

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/21/08 8:18 a.m.

It was only a matter of time before there was a Tommy Two-Tone reference on the board :)

shadetree30
shadetree30 Dork
12/21/08 10:52 a.m.

There's a local plumber that has that as their phone # and the TV ads use the "Jenny" tune...

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/21/08 10:58 a.m.
mel_horn wrote: There's a local plumber that has that as their phone # and the TV ads use the "Jenny" tune...

Brilliant!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/21/08 12:22 p.m.

When I went to college that song was at the height of its popularity, and the exchange for that area (Bethlehem, PA) was 867. Of course 3,000 freshmen all called 867-5309, but the number had already been disconnected.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
12/21/08 1:07 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: January 2009 Classic Motorsports, Page 112, "Helping Hands: Meet the Analog PDA" i LOL'd. who's responsible for that?

That's Per's handiwork, Nancy's wonderful pen[woman]ship, and my lovely hand modeling.

I've got a Super-duper X-mas surprise for the first one to identify Tommy TuTone's real name in a PM to me...

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
12/21/08 1:21 p.m.

I sent in my submission, but I'm not 100% sure how the PM function works on this board.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
12/21/08 1:39 p.m.

Winnah! DriveSideways gets a care package...

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
12/21/08 1:46 p.m.

Awesome, I never win any swag!

And, if you look at my subscription history, I've currently run out...but I'll be sure to re-up once I get a little Christmas money!

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/21/08 7:16 p.m.

Now that the swag is gone can you reveal the answer? I could google it, but I need something to look forward to this season :)

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
12/21/08 8:13 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote:
mel_horn wrote: There's a local plumber that has that as their phone # and the TV ads use the "Jenny" tune...
Actually it is a nationwide chain Ben Franklin Plumbing 866-867-5309 That is actually a very hard number to get in all area codes because people keep it as advertising, hard number to forget....

Gem Plumbing in RI has it, too

http://www.gemplumbing.com/contact.html

They trademarked it here

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
12/22/08 8:58 a.m.

Am I missing something?

Sarah Young
Sarah Young Editorial/Art Assistant
12/22/08 9:12 a.m.

Yes, Tommy.

JmfnB
JmfnB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/22/08 9:15 a.m.
Tommy Suddard wrote: Am I missing something?

20 years of experience kid.

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
12/22/08 9:23 a.m.

Yep, you're too young.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
12/22/08 9:32 p.m.
Tommy Suddard wrote: Am I missing something?

SIGH

[snooty maitre d' in Ferris Bueller]I weep for the future[/snooty maitre d' in Ferris Bueller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqUPApCUt90

AngryCorvair
12/23/08 7:34 a.m.
Sarah Young wrote: Yes, Tommy.

"Yes, Tommy, you are missing something," says the barely-legal hipster who heard Jenny Jenny on Retro Night at the roller rink.

Giggity.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter UltimaDork
12/23/08 7:50 a.m.

Roller rink? Jeez, Angry, you're showing your age there.

Kids these days don't go to the roller rink. I'm not sure what they do, but they'll never thrill to the sound of "couple skate, couples skate only" as the opening strains of "Dreamweaver" blast out from a sub-par PA system.

Happy birthday!

JmfnB
JmfnB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/23/08 7:54 a.m.

When I heard it at the roller rink it was a new release, the bastard DJ wouldn't play Nazareths "Hair of the dog" though.

shiny happy person Bob Costas.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/23/08 9:21 a.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: Roller rink? Jeez, Angry, you're showing your age there. Kids these days don't go to the roller rink. I'm not sure what they do, but they'll never thrill to the sound of "couple skate, couples skate only" as the opening strains of "Dreamweaver" blast out from a sub-par PA system. Happy birthday!

These kids today don't know what their missing.

Kramer
Kramer Dork
12/23/08 10:03 a.m.

Tommy, just like half of us don't know what texting is, some don't know Jenny's number. They're either old farts or damn kids. I'm in between.

When PLOS, ask them.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin PowerDork
12/23/08 10:57 a.m.

When that song first came out I remember calling it (with 312 area code, Chicagoland) and getting a recording saying:

"Hey, this is Tommy Tu-tone thanks for listening to my new hit...blah blah blah buy it at so and so stores...."

I think I was 13 or so. Back then my mode of transportation was my Race Inc. BMX bike!

Brian
Brian MegaDork
12/23/08 11:01 a.m.

i was board at work and punched it into our scales, and it is the code for grupper fillets (8)6753(09)

AngryCorvair
12/23/08 12:09 p.m.

roller rink was chosen due to her staff bio. unless it's been changed since the last time i stalked, er i mean visited.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Nqa1mlEL3d0PkFaeVELLK3xi2jynJm24rALajIoP1ARXdzkdYGb7zlA3SYLgtUmY