RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/17/24 9:41 a.m.

I'm looking for wheels for the Smurf. It uses a 5x100. So does lots of stuff. 

The problem is there are exactly 3 results on my local Craigslist, and nobody on marketplace seems to know their bolt pattern, they barely know the model of the car. 

I've found a big list of every vehicle that ever came with the 5x100 bolt pattern, but it won't let me filter by country or diameter, and that's a lot of vehicles to look through. 

You guys are smart, maybe you could give me a short list of vehicles that came with a 16" 5x100 wheel?

I could probably go down to 15s but I think 16 might be the sweet spot for tire prices and quality these days. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/17/24 9:45 a.m.

Subaru,  prius

I had srt4 wheels on my Subaru. 

Other, dark horse option: bolt pattern adapter. I ran vette 17x9.5 sawblades and 275/40/17 on the baja with adapters. 

Matter of fact,  i have the wheels  adapters, and brand new general tires in storage....

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) MegaDork
6/17/24 10:07 a.m.

5 X 100 Bolt Pattern Cross Reference and Wheel Sizes - Roadkill Customs.........I use this site to find wheel interchange data. Besides the bolt circle, it gives center bores so you can be sure an alternate wheel will fit.

Edit: If a bore is too small, you can open them up with a carbide finishing bit and undersized bearing on a router..

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/17/24 11:22 a.m.

If the center bore of the wheel is too large, look up "Hubcentric rings" on Amazon.  Plastic or metal rings that fill the hub gap. 

Once you find a model that works for your application then go to car-part.com and see if JYs in your area have that model available.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/17/24 5:31 p.m.

Neon wheels bolt right on to Subaru hubs, as apparently do VW.

RevRico
6/17/24 5:55 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Ya, but only some Subaru. Lots of 5x114.3 in that mix depending on year and model, which has been catching me up. 

In reply to deadskunk: 

That's a much more intuitive list than the site I found, thank you. 

RevRico
6/17/24 6:37 p.m.

Sorry, didn't realize my lighter was black, but it still has the sticker so that should help. 

This is what bothers me with the current wheel setup. I can't find a shorter diameter tire that fits the 17s, so I'm looking for a smaller rim. 

Spacers would probably ease my mind, and I've had multiple people tell me, as well as the physical evidence, that the wheel doesn't rub the shock or the spring, but it just doesn't look right to me, and makes me nervous. 

Oddly enough, the tires on the rear that are the same size DO rub the shock when moved to the front. Which is really fixing annoying and throwing me for a loop. 

buzzboy
buzzboy UltraDork
6/18/24 7:44 a.m.

I'm a big fan of this website for wheel spec questions.

https://www.wheel-size.com/

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/18/24 7:52 a.m.

Here's a database for VW wheels, including the myriad of 5x100 wheels they made:

https://www.myturbodiesel.com/d2/1000q/wheels/oem-vw-audi-wheels-gallery-database.htm

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/18/24 7:59 a.m.

There was a 16 on some late Cavaliers.  Offset was 10mm or so less than a Neon RT wheel.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B2X6T10JcSs90yk5SMVxSW4zijo7TKrmjdDwxD2yQEq0KYwoJ5sAV98j2uwH91yi