1 2
Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
11/3/16 7:37 p.m.
Flynlow wrote: Any chance of getting some engine shots of the revology '66 gt350? Autoblog only had exterior, and I was curious what they did for front suspension and shock towers. I've been in the industry for 10 years, and never made it SEMA.

I'll try to get that for you tomorrow. I just searched the directory and Revology doesn't have a booth at SEMA, so no promises. But I'll see if I can stumble upon it.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
11/7/16 12:03 p.m.

I never did stumble upon the Revology Mustang. However, lucky for you we are actually running a full feature story on the car. It'll be in the next issue of Classic Motorsports—being sent to the printers in a few days. I'll see if I can dig up an engine shot from the materials for that story.

Oh and you should totally subscribe to Classic Motorsports to read all about it and how it compares to the real deal.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/7/16 12:48 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: reply to ProDarwin: That's the difference between race car and show car.

The lack of air filters in most of those speaks volumes about intended use. Although every car I buy from California is missing the filter, so maybe I'm missing something...

I didn't spend any time gawking at the cars at SEMA - but I did have to stop and check out the lowrider. Spectacular.

Flynlow
Flynlow HalfDork
12/14/16 6:30 p.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham:

Bumping....any luck Ed? I did receive my Jan '17 Classic Motorsports, but it had pictures of the convertible Revology car, not the GT350, and the engine shot was a little small for details. I'm assuming there's more info and go fast bits on the latter? Any chance of some high-res photos of the interesting modern additions?

Thanks!

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/16 8:09 p.m.
singleslammer wrote: wow, that is some insane stuff. I have to wonder though, how many of those actually run like that. There seems to be many items missing.

They're show cars. Their reason for existing is to be looked at, not to do anything. From what I've seen, they get pushed around because the owners don't put fluids in them. Keeps them from leaking and mussing up the brightwork.

Wouldn't doubt it if some of them don't even bother with internals.

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 HalfDork
12/15/16 7:15 a.m.

In reply to Knurled:

True, but there's a few guys who show up at shows around me who have sunny day cars that are tucked like that. Not quite SEMA quality (hell I did one of the tuck jobs) but still pretty clean with minimal visible wiring or anything. The car I worked on (the only tuck job I've done) sees a decent amount of track time, and the owner has actually discovered that the tucked bay makes it much easier to spot leaks or other issues that may be an issue on track.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/15/16 7:26 a.m.
Ed Higginbotham wrote: Had to add one more that we checked out this morning it's a V12 LS engine.

That is cool but I really want to see the v4 that they make with the left over parts. Those I think are really cool.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zzaalQppA8T6Og948jIRLxY00ZZwIJMM5JEk94bOJ28stwpi0vPPsgvtl3bX1Ome