1 2
patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/16/17 5:19 p.m.

The berkeley is wrong with people? Guy Facebook live videos himself killing an old man walking down the street then drives away and they're looking for him.

I don't get it anymore

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/16/17 5:33 p.m.

I'm going to go ahead and request that everyone be civil and polite in this thread.

Please be excellent to each other.

rdmx
rdmx New Reader
4/16/17 5:38 p.m.

Mod can you put this in Off-Topic Discussion.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
4/16/17 5:38 p.m.

People will do anything to be famous. Serial killers have this issue. This is one reason states with the death penalty have a higher murder rate. Executions make news so its another moment of fame Don't try to understand. These people are nuts. Very sad news.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
4/16/17 5:39 p.m.

People are talking about him. Thats his point.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/16/17 5:57 p.m.

Apparently he has a history of mental illness.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
4/16/17 6:13 p.m.

I blame the media, people are gonna be crazy but plastering this stuff all over the news every time it happens certainly encourages it. They avoid reporting on suicides for similar reasons so it's not like they don't know what they're doing.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
4/16/17 7:34 p.m.

What. The. berkeley. ????.

I... have... no other words.

Just... berkeley.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
4/16/17 7:45 p.m.

Crazy!

Reports say it happened a
635 E 93rd St, Cleveland, OH 44108
That's St Clair and e93 on the north, east. Just the wrong side of the tracks from the Ultra Rich and Ultra Private Bratenhal

Also walking distance to comedian Steve Harvey's childhood home at E112 & St. Clair.

Not all that far from the former East Cleveland Pick a Part.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/16/17 7:55 p.m.

They say he is in a white fusion with temp tags. I gather he would have bailed on the city, but who knows what is in the mind of someone who has it in them to do this.

One would hope it ends calmly somehow but i'm not holding my breath. The bad part is everyone on edge, police included, until they find him.

I find it despicable that there are so-called news sites hosting the video

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
4/16/17 8:10 p.m.

I caught the edited video on #3s website.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
4/17/17 5:43 a.m.

What I read says that they pinged his phone in Erie, PA so he is headed due east on I-90.

Be on the lookout for a current style white Ford Fusion wearing temp tags from Ohio.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
4/18/17 9:20 a.m.

Though early reports claimed a ping in Erie, PA. it seems that current reports do not mention Erie, PA and instead claim to have no knowledge of his whereabouts since the shooting.

Be careful and be on the lookout.

I personally am a little tense about this whole thing since I am 1 hour straight west down the highway from where this happened. He could have easily run this way.

The news reports seem to theorize that he could possibly still be in Metro Cleveland and holed up in a house. I think that "house" could be a friend who is helping him or a random home that he has charged into and maybe holding the residents hostage or worse.

I actually expected this to end the same day as "suicide by cop". Here you have a generally strong man with little to live for but I feel too cowardly to pull the trigger on himself. Instead, he chooses the weakest, oldest victim he could find which then gives justification for someone, like a cop, to "finish the job" on him.
I really expected a same day traffic stop that resulted in resistance and a double tap.

How long can he hide?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
4/18/17 9:25 a.m.

I have bad thoughts of possible punishment for this "gentleman". Most involve baseball bats, wrapped in rusty barbed wire dipped in some horrible disease.

Other than that I have no sympathy for this thing. I really don't think you can still classify it as a person. People don't plan to pick a random, weak person to kill live on the internet.

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/18/17 10:57 a.m.

Apparently he took the law into his own hands and executed himself. http://www.goerie.com/news/20170418/police-cleveland-facebook-killer-kills-self-in-erie

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
4/18/17 11:02 a.m.

Honestly... he didn't even look that active to me. A bit pudgy, really.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/18/17 11:08 a.m.

"Suspect found dead after traffic stop".

Suicide by cop?

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
4/18/17 11:10 a.m.

In reply to SVreX:

News reporter claims self inflicted wound as cops approached car.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/18/17 11:13 a.m.

Video was shared 1.6 million times.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
4/18/17 11:14 a.m.

Pictures on TV look like there was a vehicle pursuit that ended with a PIT maneuver.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
4/18/17 11:16 a.m.

PA state police in an Erie neighborhood. Not local Erie Police so the state police had likely moved in on his location.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/18/17 11:18 a.m.

PASP are indicating they put him off the road and he shot himself (successfully) before they got him into custody. No loss.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
4/18/17 11:22 a.m.

Tip called in saying he/car was in a McDonald's parking lot in Erie, Pa

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/18/17 11:34 a.m.
Duke wrote: No loss.

That's seriously debatable.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/18/17 11:34 a.m.

Good riddance. What a dumb name, anyways. Steve Stephans, seriously?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yf0sFkATx5VJtD3GxpgKNtddc3kDnOfrgNEceTZ2qIMT2qMHmv7HdyaCeNvhV7EF