christinaylam (Forum Supporter)
christinaylam (Forum Supporter) New Reader
5/18/20 8:09 a.m.

Read Part 6.

The night before the truck was leaving the shop for the SCCA Runoffs at VIR, the new race car was done–sort of. 

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/18/20 8:51 a.m.

When you read the entire article, check out Hugh's car at the bottom of the page: The graphics aren't symmetrical, and that looks way cool. 

NovaGraphx
NovaGraphx
5/18/20 9:57 a.m.

Glad I was able to put your vision on "paper" so to say.

tuna55 (Forum Supporter)
tuna55 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/18/20 10:13 a.m.

Both look so very cool. Nice work!

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
5/18/20 10:55 a.m.

I stress when my cars aren't ready two weeks before an event..............finishing up the graphics in the paddock would had me chuggin a bucket of Valium.

Well done to everyone involved.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/18/20 12:22 p.m.

In reply to NovaGraphx :

Excellent work, NovaGraphx. Both cars look great. 

tuna55 (Forum Supporter)
tuna55 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/19/20 7:04 a.m.

Last night I showed my family the before and after pics. They were really horrified at the before, but they all love the new livery and that you're okay!

IndyLegend33
IndyLegend33 New Reader
5/21/20 2:20 p.m.

I have a hard enough time applying the vintage, round numberboard vinyl with a number on it. Last year, that alone took me 2 hours to align it properly and to make sure the air bubbles weren't there... and my vintage Mustang is pretty square without curves! NoVa Graphics, you may have just gotten a new customer because I'm too old for this kind of work. Fantastic job and awesome design that you all put together. The at-the-track application is some VIP-level stuff. Well done!

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/21/20 4:38 p.m.

Christina - Thank you for sharing this journey with us.  I hope that there's a part 8 in which you get to document kicking butt and taking names on the track with the new car.

christinaylam (Forum Supporter)
christinaylam (Forum Supporter) New Reader
5/24/20 7:14 p.m.

Thanks for following along guys! And yeah what a stressful 60 days. I had a ton of support from the community to help make this whole thing happen. Cage in a day and a half, and vinyl job in 3 hours, without some really good friends this 60 day race build wouldn't have been possible. 

roger_waltman
roger_waltman New Reader
5/25/20 2:06 p.m.

Trackside livery service! Brilliant. Talk about not wasting a minute here, kudos.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YiQB7iO6kNDVjdwX1fyNqe85K7UZCHVFWMLy5m9R43ERpBJ4TO5COMoBbRwBHSiZ