Jeff
Jeff Dork
9/4/12 6:34 a.m.

What do you folks know about this? There are a few of them in Toronto, not sure if they ever made it to the States. I kind of like the look, can't imagine the ownership experience is anything but a night mare.

Thanks.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
9/4/12 6:39 a.m.

No, they never offically made it to the states- but there are a few similar ones that have been brought in- some legal-ish, some not so much.

We had one some time ago in Spain, and it was an OK car. Nothing I would go through the effort to bring into the states legaly. Looks good, that's for sure. Other than that, well- it's a car.

Nothing on it is shared with any car that is here- so parts will be a nightmare, if you need any.

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
9/4/12 9:37 p.m.

Lots of them around when I lived in England, loved the looks, as did the owners. All lamented the lack of reliability. When they were good, they were great, but often they were less than good.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/4/12 9:43 p.m.

Beautiful car, but if you're going through the trouble already, might as well hold out for a V6 or GTA.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/4/12 10:30 p.m.

I had a couple in the UK - they're rather nice for front drivers (I don't like FWD in general, but as DDs those are nice) and the build quality is a lot better than with the Alfas of old. Both of the ones I had held up a lot better to the UK climate than the earlier stuff.

The four pot engine is a derivative of a Fiat engine, not the old twin cam anymore. The V6s are nice musical engines with a lot of power but I preferred the 4 cylinder. For starters, it has less of a drinking problem than the six...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BmxGgbdp4zifxWhS1onEv1VXuzUxTNztubsOPjZcPPFHG2fJKA2Jtib7Xsii7QGZ