1 2
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/4/15 8:22 a.m.

Some of you may recall that a few weeks back, I decided to drive to northern New Hampshire to deliver some paperwork to my sister rather than dropping it in the mail.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/road-trip/105978/page1/

Now I find myself in need of a 14mm allen wrench.

I suspect that I should be able to find one at either Home Depot, Lowes or Sears Hardware. All three of these stores are located within sight of one another in Littleton New Hampshire, about fifteen minutes from where my sister and brother-in-law live.

The sun is out, I have a couple of days off, and a Porsche. I checked the oil, cleaned the windshield, checked the tire pressure (30 psi front, 37 rear), opened the frunk and checked the spare (still not there), and grabbed a bunch of water bottles. Time for another road trip.

photo Road Trip 091_zpsndhdayoy.jpg

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
11/4/15 8:26 a.m.

Damn those specialty tools.

Woody
11/4/15 8:27 a.m.

I'm hoping that Captdownshift can play along at home again.

Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer Dork
11/4/15 8:36 a.m.

There is no reason too small to take a road trip in a Porsche!

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
11/4/15 8:43 a.m.

In college, we drove from Madison WI down to Geno's East in Chicago just for the deep dish pizza. Drove back after lunch. I think we listened to Bubba Sparxxx the entire time.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
11/4/15 8:48 a.m.

Damn it, I love this mentality. Kudos to you, good sir.

crxmike
crxmike Reader
11/4/15 9:20 a.m.

And again, you go north right around an NER rallyx. Going up to Brookfield/Randolph, VT for Sunday. 40acres of farmers fields... Bet you could really stretch the Cayman's legs with that much pasture. ;-)

Woody
11/4/15 9:31 a.m.

This morning I discovered that, since we usually use GPS, my wife decided to throw away all of my maps and atlases in an effort to save space in the closet that we never use. She and I will discuss the wisdom of this at another time.

So it looks like I will be going old school with the navigation. Really old school. I have it on pretty good authority that the Connecticut River forms the border of Vermont and New Hampshire and goes all the way up into Snow Mexico.

I usually head straight up to St. Johnsbury and then turn south, but this time, I think I'm going to take the highway up past Barattleboro, cross the state line into Keene and follow the eastern side of the river north up into the White Mountains of New Hampshire. As long as I keep the river on my left, I should be okay.

Woody
11/4/15 10:53 a.m.

Why am I seeing Border Patrol agents in Connecticut?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
11/4/15 10:56 a.m.

Because you, sir, are doing it right.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/4/15 11:09 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

I applaud your spirit. If you're doing pointless road trip with GPS, you're doing it very wrong.

Woody
11/4/15 11:12 a.m.

I'm doing 79 and a New York Mercedes just went by me like I was going backwards.

Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock
Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock UltimaDork
11/4/15 11:15 a.m.

I took a pointless road trip without any navigation aids once, ended up in Altoona Pennsylvania. Wish I was in a Porsche though.

Woody
11/4/15 12:18 p.m.

CD player appears to have E36 M3 the bed since the last road trip. Gregg Allman, J. Geils and Woody are disappointed.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
11/4/15 12:21 p.m.

It was probably embarrassed by the sweet engine notes.

Woody
11/4/15 12:28 p.m.

Magic Dick--> also bummed out.

Woody
11/4/15 1:18 p.m.

I've got a great story to tell you guys tonight!

Woody
11/4/15 1:23 p.m.

Also, Gregg Allman is back.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
11/4/15 1:37 p.m.
Woody wrote: I'm doing 79 and a New York Mercedes just went by me like I was going backwards.

I just spent the weekend out that way. I was doing 20 over and getting passed like crazy.

Woody
11/4/15 3:53 p.m.

I just went to Sears, Lowes, Home Depot and O'Rielly's in Littleton. Nobody has anything bigger than 10mm.

Oh well..,

Woody
11/4/15 3:59 p.m.

No luck at Tractor Supply either.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
11/4/15 4:00 p.m.

Keep driving. You'll find it.

hotchocolate
hotchocolate Reader
11/4/15 4:07 p.m.

I have one in MN if you want to come get it :-). On a more helpful note, I got it at Northern Tool if memory serves but I don't think they are in your neck of the woods.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
11/4/15 4:37 p.m.

NAPA?

Woody
11/4/15 4:52 p.m.

Napa only had a 1/2" drive socket, which is too long, as it hits the spare tire holder. I may be able to knock the socket apart and turn the bit with a wrench, or weld a nut to a bolt and turn that with a wrench.

Or I can probably order one online and it will probably be there when I get home.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MqOwy59AZE0rfVIvWHnM0BqepzZaASuVxGS0y5zn9GqPWw7El32VjSKtoaewgtH2