1 2
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/17 6:42 p.m.

Not sure if it's worth anything, but this Cramit has a Yenko Turbo Z nose on it. It's not, of course, a real Yenko Turbo Z.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/5/17 6:43 p.m.

Cool.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
5/5/17 6:55 p.m.

The front bumper extension and wheel flares are worth the asking price of the car.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
5/5/17 7:22 p.m.

These were available through Herb Adams VSE as well, he used them on that ghastly Cheverra with the whale tail.

Awww.. look at that cute little toy engine in there.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
5/5/17 7:41 p.m.

That's cool right there.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/5/17 8:10 p.m.

I had that air dam on mine. I found a new old stock one. It wasn't easy to find, and it made me ill when i had to sell it. Those were not good times, i miss that car

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS HalfDork
5/6/17 6:14 a.m.

That front spoiler and wheel flares used to be available in the aftermarket for a while back in the 80's. I think JC Whitney probably had their own version. I have not seen one in a long time.

I'd go all 70s IROC Camaro style on that one

84FSP
84FSP Dork
5/6/17 7:04 a.m.

Only loved the open beak version of those but that is a very interesting front end. Is it glass or that orange urethane material?

Brian
Brian MegaDork
5/6/17 7:19 a.m.

I must confess a fondness for 2nd ged F bodies. Pontiac over Chevy, later over earlier.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
5/6/17 9:42 a.m.
Brian wrote: I must confess a fondness for 2nd ged F bodies. Pontiac over Chevy, later over earlier.

Just like this, only the complete opposite.

Opti
Opti HalfDork
5/6/17 5:30 p.m.

Early ones i like the chevy, later i prefer the pontiac

06HHR
06HHR HalfDork
5/6/17 7:12 p.m.

I'm a Pontiac guy, the Firebirds just had better styling except for the 70-73 Camaros. Hated the 74-75 square bumper Camaros, they just didn't fit the car at all..

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
5/6/17 7:20 p.m.
06HHR wrote: I'm a Pontiac guy, the Firebirds just had better styling except for the 70-73 Camaros. Hated the 74-75 square bumper Camaros, they just didn't fit the car at all..

I'm waiting for a cheap, undesireable square bumper car to fall in my lap. Pretty darn easy for the rust repair panels to be mistakenly ordered for a 71 split bumper car...

SEADave
SEADave HalfDork
5/6/17 8:01 p.m.

Pretty easy to swap the front ends on these things. Its the rear taillights and bumpers where you run into serious work. Also if you want to pass off a 75+ as a 70-73 you have to deal with the rear window.

A guy near me turned a 79 Trans Am into a 73. He did nice work of it, changed the rear taillights & bumper but forgot to change the rear window. Looks pretty good overall but the rear window gives it away.

06HHR
06HHR HalfDork
5/6/17 8:02 p.m.

I feel ya, I definitely wouldn't kick a square bumper car out of bed. There are two I see every school morning at my grandson's elementary school, if I had the spare cash I would try to talk my way into one of them. 2nd Gens are getting to be like gold in these parts. 10-15 years ago you could find a nice one for 1-2K, now rustbucket ones with no interiors are going for twice that.. Oh I forgot the square bumper was from 74-77..

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
5/6/17 8:03 p.m.
06HHR wrote: I'm a Pontiac guy, the Firebirds just had better styling except for the 70-73 Camaros. Hated the 74-75 square bumper Camaros, they just didn't fit the car at all..

Better styling, more power, bigger swaybars, stiffer springs.

The four-speed Pontiacs got a Hurst Competition Plus right from the factory, the Chevy made due with a sloppy ITM shifter.

The Pontiac aero package was actually developed using the wind tunnel testing data that Chevrolet chose to ignore. If you put the cars side-by-side, you'll see just how different they are.

The only sheet metal parts they share are the roof and the trunk lid.

The Firebird is the F-body that is all grown up.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
5/6/17 8:13 p.m.
SEADave wrote: A guy near me turned a 79 Trans Am into a 73. He did nice work of it, changed the rear taillights & bumper but forgot to change the rear window. Looks pretty good overall but the rear window gives it away.

That's the type of thing I like. Confuses people, and pisses purists off.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
5/9/17 7:17 p.m.

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=10371&acctid=4244

Currently $810 on GovDeals at the D.C. Impound. But that rust. oof. Inside the windshield by the looks of it.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
5/9/17 7:24 p.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan:

B-pillar drains are blocked, that's why there is rust at the bottom of the body like that. It will be a whole lot worse underneath.

It's just a Berlinetta, girl car, good parts donor though.

GTXVette
GTXVette HalfDork
5/9/17 7:52 p.m.

My bud has a T/a about a 6 I think Converted to a 455 and 4 speed the wrong trans tunnel makes it hard to shift but he doesn't care he just Beats on it, but he blew this engine up a couple years back and I am trying to Part it out to get the Muncie and Scattershield for doing the work. I got the last 455 for doing the engine replacement that is now blown but the block I got has arp bolts and studs and the other Basics sadly the Good heads dissapeared from his storage shed but I got most else.Now I want the Transmission. it's Black with the Big Chicken on da hood gonna be parts soon

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/9/17 10:04 p.m.

Loved these things. Preferred pontiacs. My favorite was my 75 formula 400 with a factory four speed. Second favorite was my 79 z28. I warmed over the 350 and it was a fun fast car.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/9/17 10:15 p.m.

A factory 4-speed non-A/C car? Sounds like a unicorn to me....

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/10/17 7:01 a.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: These were available through Herb Adams VSE as well, he used them on that ghastly Cheverra with the whale tail. Awww.. look at that cute little toy engine in there.

ghastly????

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
5/10/17 7:09 a.m.

Best friend in high school mid 80s had a 1970. Base as you can get, auto, 6 cylinder, not even power brakes/steering or a spoiler. But we cruised the E36 M3 out of it on Glenway avenue every weekend. And after grad night at Kings Island we figured out we could fit 5 girls in it to drive them home after they got ditched by their friend.

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/10/17 8:41 a.m.

I like putting holes in them...

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/1981-camaro-c-prepared-build/59501/page22/

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZV2ctbAISq674aPVHn0pgu1vpNaciXeSZvXaZoxIBAUjhpd6GZHmkQsHzHtpBUNs