sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
2/4/14 10:34 a.m.

There's a pretty nice (according to a few pics and description) one of these on Craigslist near me, and the oddball-ness of it intrigues me. I worked at a Nissan dealer for 3.5 years and never saw any B12 Sentras, let alone one of these. Apparently they have sway bars and a few other options that the other Sentras don't, but they still have the anemic 90hp Ga16i throttle body injected motor. I know it would be as reliable as the sunrise, but would it be fun at all? I'm hunting for a new daily that I can also autocross a couple times a year. Don't want to compromise, but if someone had one of these (or any B12 Sentra) and loved it, I would like to know. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a pic of one (not the one for sale).

Powar
Powar SuperDork
2/4/14 10:42 a.m.

I've always thought those looked neat.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/4/14 11:23 a.m.

I had a regular B12 Sentra as one of my first cars and the 1.6 was a total dog. They also have some pretty horrific rust issues, and parts support is waning. They are a curiosity, but not as appealing as, say, a S12 200SX.

Travis_K
Travis_K UltraDork
2/4/14 11:27 a.m.

I think they are kinda cool, I want the hatchback version of the normal b12 Sentra for some reason, not sure what id do with it but I like them for some reason.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
2/4/14 12:08 p.m.

i never minded the GA16i for power, but anywhere they go, I think you could do a CA18DE.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
2/5/14 10:49 a.m.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that these never came with the CA18 like the Pulsar. I think it's basically the same platform, though. I did some online hunting, and I found a guy with a 4WD Sentra wagon who swapped in a later GA16DE from a Sentra, and then installed a turbo. Beautifully done, and he said it felt like a stock Sentra Se-R. I imagine just doing the GA16DE swap would be a large improvement (110hp vs. 90hp). I'm just wondering if this would be one of those slow cars that is still fun to drive, or if it would just drive me nuts that it's such a dog. The guy is pretty firm on his price ($2200! ), so that might be enough to keep me from getting it. Rare doesn't always mean valuable, it just means oddball and obscure.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5AgCFc2sGKWo2og7a9jcUctt4Rl9CWotW7idbW4SeW53JLpmIG57rwYLC0PqCgFl