teamdixonracing
teamdixonracing Dork
4/16/10 10:08 p.m.

Anybody going next month (21-23)? I'm considering making the trip up if I can convince my brother to come along and if I can convince friends to let me crash at their place.

Just wanting to see if there will be other GRM people up there to hang out with if I go.

Sonic
Sonic Dork
4/16/10 10:37 p.m.

I've been thinking about going, but it completely depends on how far along the Wartburg is. We have a LOT to do before BABE rally and LeMons in June, but if it is driveable, it would be great to bring it to Carlisle.

Ian_F
Ian_F New Reader
4/16/10 10:41 p.m.

We're planning to, although probably for Sat only with at least one car, hopefully two. Most likely the '73 1800ES and '79 Spitfire, weather pending.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/17/10 2:20 a.m.

That's an event that I always circle on the calendar, as I continue to search for a restorable Elan, but never get to for one reason or another. This year, it looks like surgery may keep me away.

teamdixonracing
teamdixonracing Dork
4/17/10 5:51 a.m.
Ian_F wrote: We're planning to, although probably for Sat only with at least one car, hopefully two. Most likely the '73 1800ES and '79 Spitfire, weather pending.

I would also only be there for Saturday. I would probably drive the crx up.

Woody
4/17/10 8:47 a.m.

I see that Bruce Meyers will be there this year. He sounds like a really cool old guy. I'd like to meet him.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
4/17/10 7:47 p.m.

I'll be there. As I have been for many years.

Next weekend, I'll be at the spring swap meet.

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
4/17/10 7:55 p.m.
teamdixonracing wrote: Anybody going next month (21-23)? I'm considering making the trip up if I can convince my brother to come along and if I can convince friends to let me crash at their place. Just wanting to see if there will be other GRM people up there to hang out with if I go.

Yup

Ian_F
Ian_F New Reader
4/17/10 8:16 p.m.
Woody wrote: I see that Bruce Meyers will be there this year. He sounds like a really cool old guy. I'd like to meet him.

Again? He was there last year for the anniversary of the Manx.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Reader
4/17/10 9:09 p.m.
Ian_F wrote:
Woody wrote: I see that Bruce Meyers will be there this year. He sounds like a really cool old guy. I'd like to meet him.

I met him last year and got his autograph. (Guess I should put that in the autograph thread). Yes, he is a very cool guy.

Erin & I will be heading up on Friday for the day.

-Rob

Woody
4/18/10 9:55 a.m.
Ian_F wrote:

I didn't go last year either.

Powar
Powar HalfDork
4/19/10 9:56 a.m.

I'll be there with the drunken/slightly insane Saab people.

Ian F
Ian F Dork
4/19/10 12:47 p.m.
Powar wrote: I'll be there with the drunken/slightly insane Saab people.

And my g/f and I will wander over to leave nose-prints on your 95 wagon.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
4/19/10 1:18 p.m.

Planning to go and might be taking my wonderbeater E30 for giggles, or I might hang out with the Audi people again, gotta check on a friends plans.

Powar
Powar HalfDork
4/19/10 1:22 p.m.
Ian F wrote:
Powar wrote: I'll be there with the drunken/slightly insane Saab people.
And my g/f and I will wander over to leave nose-prints on your 95 wagon.

Sadly, the 95 in my avatar is partially stripped in my garage. I'll probably be bringing my daily-driven '90 900S.

It'll be the only one there with Pro Race 1s on it. Come say hi and feel free to put whatever prints you wish on it.

Woody
4/19/10 2:20 p.m.

That looks like the Volvo of Turin.

camaroz1985
camaroz1985 New Reader
4/20/10 9:05 a.m.

I will be there helping out/instructing for the autocross.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pXi48qIzOr8SbnEJXtfuhSxOg4gnmdP6bWAsTpmr6TkRaGLujCVUdesLiOC8KVGX