corytate
corytate Dork
8/25/12 10:24 p.m.

just wondering if these are at least halfway decent wheels?
I really like the looks, and the fact that I found them in 15x7 4x114.3 3 inch backspacing, which was exactly what I was looking for!
and the fact that it's about $200 for a SET.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CLM-5335725-3/?rtype=10
These are for the s30, which, in the current plan, will be a maybe weekend car, but primarily for track duty.

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
8/25/12 10:37 p.m.

They're made by Bart, which is one of the bigger stock car racing wheel manufacturers. I have a few sets for my mini stock Pinto. No worries about strength, they are a great choice for the money

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
8/26/12 12:43 a.m.

stock car wheels are cheap, strong, and generally light. it probably won't be centered on the hub, but the lug nuts will take care of that.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Dork
8/26/12 12:49 a.m.

not for street?

corytate
corytate Dork
8/26/12 9:05 p.m.

that is fantastic news.
and @ car kid, for the street on occasion, I'm going to leave it bare-bones street legal for NC so I can drive it to work on occasion and be extra loud=]
I'm really glad that these seem to be some legit wheels, I really like them!
It's a bummer that most alloys nowadays that are semi-affordable are fwd offset, I definitely was searching for 0 offset, or negative.

rallymodeller
rallymodeller Reader
8/26/12 11:37 p.m.

I'm in the same boat with my S12. Although the stock wheels are listed at +35, the car has the exact same bearing setup as my old '82 280ZXT and that used zero offset wheels. In fact, a lot of 200SX guys use old Z-car wheels for that reason: the car works and looks better with very low offset wheels (as long as they're not too wide; more than 8" and you have to start increasing the offset again).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
v7dCOq0LuMK1HSTYtZPYlGDquILoC86E5hfuUtNONhFohG1nYq4ZbTNE5T6szPHm