1 2
kevinatfms
kevinatfms Reader
11/21/19 7:07 a.m.

2020 Ecoboost Mustang High Performance Pack?

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
11/21/19 7:41 a.m.
Stefan said:
Its essentially fancy daycare that helps teach independance and self-reliance.  

some notes.. 1st don't ever say that around my wife.  She'll murder you and it seems like you don't truly understand the philosphy.  The name montessori is not trademarked.  It's important that you go to a school that is AMS or AMI accredited or is staffed by teachers who are AMS or AMI accredited.  Otherwise you've got as my wife says "Montesomething"..   My wife has 2 teaching masters degrees and a is certfied from AMI...   My kids currently are going to a Montessori Charter school in minnesota.  It's public, accredited by AMI and goes to 8th grade.  I feel the pain of paying for pre-k...   

https://montessori-ami.org/  <-- The better one

https://amshq.org/  <-- the american version that isn't as good but is still pretty good.

Now on to the topic.. I've had plrenty of discussions on 5 place sports cars here on the forum..  BMW's and Civic SI's come up a lot.  The Civic isn't really a 2+2 and you already have a ford.  I'd look at a 6 series or  that 540i that was recently posted here.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
11/21/19 8:03 a.m.

In reply to Stefan :

Jag XJR is unique enough, has four doors, 400 hp V8 torque.  Add electric exhaust cut-outs and you'll love with the dual nature of "boy-racer" V-8 Loudness, and reserved British executive at the flip of a switch.

Lot's of value in depreciated Euro Luxury Saloon's at the moment.

Here's a link for a $3,500 XJR on the left coast

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/21/19 8:52 a.m.
russde said:

97-98 M3 Sedan...there's one for sale in the Cars for sale section here...wink-wink

i was just about to say that!  i can't believe yours hasn't sold yet.  maybe BaT would be worth the effort.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/21/19 9:12 a.m.

G35 coupe? Car seats would be a little tight in the back but possible. 

Or go with the sedan. Same engine, available with a 6 speed. Buy in is pretty reasonable. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/21/19 9:20 a.m.

Rear facing car seats fit in an RX-8, and the suicide door makes access easy.

Really, though. If you're going to be putting kids into the back seat more than 2-3 times a week, get a 4 door car. The newer WRXs or a GTI will be fun to drive and practical as well. Some flavor of BMW with 4 doors would also work.

I'll say it again: get a four door car for regular kid and car seat duties. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/21/19 9:20 a.m.

C63 or e63 coupe? 

Your 3 year old is still rear facing seated? 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
11/21/19 9:24 a.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

G35 is a great suggestion ! 

NickD
NickD PowerDork
11/21/19 9:29 a.m.

Kia Stinger? I hear that you can get those for shockingly low prices now

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
11/21/19 9:30 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

In reply to Toyman01 :

G35 is a great suggestion ! 

yes.. a great one and one i'm looking into.. unless I get a ridgeline.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/21/19 1:02 p.m.
yupididit said:

C63 or e63 coupe? 

Yeah, she only weighs 26lbs and is one of the smallest in her class.  We're going to keep her rear facing longer since its safer.  My son is already 20lbs, so they'll likely both be front facing around the same time at this rate.  :)

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
11/21/19 1:51 p.m.

An E24 might do the trick.

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
11/21/19 3:05 p.m.
yupididit said:

https://csftl.org/why-rear-facing-the-science-junkies-guide/

I saw 15+ Mustang noted as rear facing capable. 05-14 Mustang is similarly rear facing capable..

I'm also surprised the BMW 1-Series hasn't been specifically brought up yet.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 SuperDork
11/21/19 3:09 p.m.

In reply to Stefan :

As already mentioned, the mustang, camaro, GTO, Infinity coupe or sedan are all solid choices. 
You could also consider the Pontiac G8 or CTSV or the newer ATS or Malibu/Impala thing with the LS. You might get tired of trying to get the kids in seats in a 2 door...

edit - adding the Lexus ISF if in budget 

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
11/21/19 3:15 p.m.
amg_rx7 said:

You might get tired of trying to get the kids in seats in a 2 door...

Personal bias, but getting them in/out is just part of the fun if you go for a convertible instead...On the other hand, most convertibles also unfortunately exercise their exemption from upper tether anchors, which should definitely be used when switching to forward facing. The 05+ Mustang is the only one I've looked at so far that has them, although after having looked at how most of the LATCH anchors are actually made/installed, I have been thinking it could be possible to (safely) DIY one for others.

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
11/21/19 3:43 p.m.

I'm impressed your 3 year old is staying put in a rear facing car seat.  My daughter would twist around to face forward in hers, so I just threw in the towel and put her in a forward facing car seat.  It was safer to have her properly belted in and facing the correct direction.  I did the same thing with my son.

I love my 996 Turbo and a regular 996 can be had cheaply but you're not fitting a rear facing car seat in one.  At that point I'd have to go with an E46 M3.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
11/21/19 3:56 p.m.

Seriously in left field but I love the Macan for this. It drives way better then it as any right to. In the correct spec it will blow the doors of other cars and it totally will baby. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
11/21/19 5:46 p.m.
docwyte said:

I love my 996 Turbo and a regular 996 can be had cheaply but you're not fitting a rear facing car seat in one.  At that point I'd have to go with an E46 M3.

Doc,

I know you have good info on the 996s. Do you have a link or buyers FAQ for the non turbos? Appreciate  the help.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3LJl5auDoNJ84wb2pnn2ZFQcHL1ZMXORNmfqojacPpP6tkghPn6eBCsSsN43ZICP