johnhammer
johnhammer New Reader
3/21/10 10:39 a.m.

I wound up with an unexpected free Sunday in the Atlanta area (Today!). We were working at Atlanta Motor Speedway so I'm staying down in Griffin, but I have friends in Marietta to hook up with.

What is your suggestion for a race-friendly place to watch a race & drink some beverages without fearing for your life in a bad part of town?

Thanks!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/21/10 12:13 p.m.

the only thing I can think of is Andrettis, but its a good 20 minutes from Marietta. How long are you going to be in town. I live right off the highway, and I can provide a couple beverages and some Forza on Xbox.

porksboy
porksboy Dork
3/21/10 1:12 p.m.

South Side Steve's is a bar off I75 in Griffin. Never been there but I hear they have a bunch of T.V's

The owner is a local radio show host of some repute and reputation. If you meet him wash your hands after you shake.

johnhammer
johnhammer New Reader
3/21/10 9:28 p.m.

LOL Thanks for the info!

We wound up causing a ruckus in a Hooters in McDonough. Where the Hooters Girls were the most UNFRIENDLY we've ever met.

We should have known it was trouble when the manager met us with a Long Island accent & had a NY hockey game on nearly every TV in the joint. It took some convincing to get him to put the Cup race on one TV and the Aussie V8 Supercars on another.

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo Reader
3/21/10 10:23 p.m.
porksboy wrote: South Side Steve's is a bar off I75 in Griffin. Never been there but I hear they have a bunch of T.V's The owner is a local radio show host of some repute and reputation. If you meet him wash your hands after you shake.

I wouldn't worry about the wash.... The Lemon test is very effective so he says lol

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IT33OhKdrh1Y2RAe5kcObAgDlwmEZAEeRYTyvEghFLEntPP2quZXp2C3QHi7KokM