1 2
Ranger50
Ranger50 Reader
12/6/10 4:29 p.m.
alfadriver wrote:
Ranger50 wrote: Plus in addition they have to run an actual production V8 with EFI. Not none of this FR9/R07 E36 M3 in Nascrap that still has a carb on it. Also, a Ford looks like a Ford, a Holden looks like a Holden, not this spec body crap with different stickers to make it a different model.
They look like real cars? Must be the most boring cars on the planet- they all look identical, except for the grill. Thankfully, most have a name on the windshiled to tell them apart. As for the engine, why does the fuel delivery matter? If everyone has the same thing, there's no difference. EFI is EFI just as carbs are carbs. The preception of "tech" is just that- NO race series in the world compares with them most basic EFI that you see on your personal car. Speed is not tech.

Is perception based on reality or is reality based on perception?

Yes, the Aussie market does live with some rather boring body styles, but that is what their market likes or tolerates. Get over it.

Most sheeple watching Nascrap probably don't know what a carb is or when it was last used. But if you mention EFI, the response turns around to something of, "I have that on my POS in the parking lot."

So which makes better sense?

So what you are saying is that it's not about the cars themselves, but how it's run. That, I can buy. Other than that, both series equalize the car to pretend that there is even racing.

Actually, no. but whatever floats your boat. So Spec Miata, E30, Formula Ford, etc. are nothing more then pretend racing?

Brian

PS- There is more to the world then your view of it ending at Brighton.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy HalfDork
12/6/10 5:31 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: I've seen enough technical info be dead wrong on Wiki to consider it to be the end all, be all, information hub. but if you want to, I'm not going to stop you. (was that condesending enough?)

I don't even feel insulted. Ranger50 has pointed out what I was getting at in a more elegant manner. You don't know everything. You aren't always right. Take the blinders off, try and understand other people's opinions. I'm not saying you are not a smart dude, but it gets old after a while.

monark192
monark192 Reader
12/6/10 5:36 p.m.

monark192
monark192 Reader
12/6/10 5:36 p.m.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
12/6/10 10:33 p.m.

One of the races I watched had the drivers running balls to the wall for four or five laps because the couldn't figure out when the race ended. That was fun to watch.

I think its probably a case of 'the grass is greener' but I still liked it. The utes are a hoot too.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/6/10 11:19 p.m.

So in a year or so when NASCAR goes to EFI will they be better than Supercars? Neither use much production anything since Ford doesn't put pushrod 5 liters anywhere and from everything I've found the Holden uses the old style small block, both series use the same 9in rear, which doesn't come in anything anymore, and racing transmissions. Then again you don't have to worry about the door not locking after a pit stop in Nascar. I can't imagine how hard it must be to finish a race with the dome light on.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7Xx8s2OSzRrqKsFl5d4XRrKy5WFWiXrovmn96PBzv4YmT67KHn2d9TfkkEAzceqa