1 2 3
ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
11/23/14 5:09 p.m.

Everyone should have a crank lamp.

This thread is giving me some other cool ideas though. That planetary gear light switch is awesome!

mw
mw Dork
11/23/14 5:48 p.m.

I could really use a wide 17" slick (preferably unused) to put on my 17x10 rim for an end table. I do have an old GE fridge from the 30's thats been converted to kegerator with a tap through the door, i could use a cam for the tap handle. I've got to figure out what kind of couch to get. I probably shouldnt keep a motorcycle inside as I do still have my six year old daughter living with me. I've got a few old turbos that I need to find a use for, maybe even as wall art...

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
11/23/14 6:24 p.m.

Make sure the little one gets a race car bed,with a turbo lamp .

fanfoy
fanfoy HalfDork
11/23/14 7:28 p.m.

You can't have car guy furniture without some seats and sofas made from old car seats. I have the leather back seat out of my old Maxima in the attic of the garage awaiting for me to turn it into a couch at one point. Something like this:

pushrod36
pushrod36 Reader
11/23/14 7:37 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/23/14 9:02 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/23/14 9:05 p.m.

Or if you like trains, cut down an F7 cab to control your layout.

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
11/24/14 1:32 a.m.

In my tiny studio, I have a surround sound system with a 47" TV in a space about 8' square. It has a single comfy chair in the middle. Probably violates every interior decorating rule in the book, but it is aligned with my priorities.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/24/14 10:08 a.m.

There is a VW Bus rear seat on the local CL. I want it "just because"...

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
11/24/14 10:14 a.m.

In reply to fanfoy:
I wish I could find readily available tubing that's already circular to build stuff like that couch.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
11/24/14 10:31 a.m.

Set the new tonneau cover w/ frame next to the radiator to warm up to get the snaps done. Covers the window perfectly, like it was made for it. Could do a roll up or hinge w/ gas struts ftw.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/24/14 10:34 a.m.

pallets, crates, wooden spools and car parts can be combined to make just about any furniture needed. Bonus points for inlaying slate/granite/flagstone as inlays when using crates. Spool tables sanded and stained or with newspaper laid down then cleared are always easy projects.

fanfoy
fanfoy HalfDork
11/24/14 3:29 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk:

That rolled tubing is nice. If you want there are tons of shops that can do that.

But there was a sofa that someone built that had a nice mix of wood and metal. didn't require any metal bending, and worked well with the seats. They were probably from a Jag, or something english. Can't find it now, my google-fu is failing me.

Edit: couldn't find it, but this looks cool too.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Dork
11/25/14 6:39 a.m.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/25/14 9:09 a.m.

I need to find a use for the VW GTI front bumper that my kids dragged home from a WC race a Mid Ohio a couple of years ago. My wife about had a fit when she saw that thing in the back of her Merc.

JacktheRiffer
JacktheRiffer Reader
11/25/14 9:29 a.m.

I have my cars old seats in my living room. Comfy and perfect for playing forza in.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
11/25/14 9:51 a.m.

A 289 / 302 Ford block has cylinders perfectly sized for a wine rack.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
11/25/14 10:01 a.m.
fanfoy wrote: In reply to DeadSkunk: That rolled tubing is nice. If you want there are tons of shops that can do that. But there was a sofa that someone built that had a nice mix of wood and metal. didn't require any metal bending, and worked well with the seats. They were probably from a Jag, or something english. Can't find it now, my google-fu is failing me. Edit: couldn't find it, but this looks cool too.

I have a ton of those rail fittings if anyone is interested. They are expensive to buy new.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
11/27/14 8:51 a.m.

Dave
Dave New Reader
11/27/14 9:20 a.m.

Rambler Hub Cap Clock

Rambler hub cap clock I made (since removed the second hand). I'm married so it hangs in my office. Total cost under $10.

Piston Powered Shop Towel Holder

Paper towel holder from random pistons. Mine's in garage but no reason you couldn't do an indoor one.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
11/27/14 10:42 a.m.

In reply to Dave: For an indoor paper towel holder from pistons, the pistons should be polished or painted.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/27/14 1:03 p.m.

Ok, nothing fancy here. Some valve covers I had laying around and a cheap frame.. Old foot gas pedal and dimmer switch cover... Another cheap frame..Needs dusted.. Blue is reflection from a clock near it.

And when I had to replace the pull start on a small engine I thought this would be interesting on the wall. With a really cheap frame.

Sorry for the bad cheap cell phone pictures..

I have a Nissan 4 cyl block that I am going to use for an end table. Someday..

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/27/14 2:04 p.m.
Dave wrote: Piston Powered Shop Towel Holder Paper towel holder from random pistons. Mine's in garage but no reason you couldn't do an indoor one.

We have one like that in our shop, only without the pistons. Just the rods. It also uses a steel base. It's actually pretty useful.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/27/14 2:07 p.m.

I've got this. Otherwise, a bunch of car posters, mostly ones I designed. Best one is a poster for the Racing The Rock movie signed by the cast and filmmakers

TAParker
TAParker Reader
11/28/14 5:46 p.m.

Many awesome pieces there!!!!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
31A31Z76np1YidP4kG6b1ROUIKkXbzdmzQTGfagbkiwH7kPguYYEjnPsNaku4zXK