1 2
seyhan3535
seyhan3535 New Reader
1/27/16 9:05 p.m.

My boss owns one. It's been in the shop forever. I think it would be more interesting if the company had decided to create a successor to the original D: .

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/28/16 8:00 a.m.

I just hope they upgrade the interior. It is 80's "goodness" at its best/worst.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
1/28/16 8:50 a.m.

In reply to dean1484:

Yeah. And I heard this morning that it's going to list at around $100k.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/28/16 8:56 a.m.
Trackmouse wrote: In reply to bravenrace: Well, having a bathtub the same as a lotus esprit is appealing. But I'm one of those guys that claims to know everything about deloreans, despite never owning one.

Oh, there's nothing wrong with actually knowing a lot about it despite not owning one- I'm talking people who swear up and down and argue with me that its outer skin is Aluminum, that it originally had a Ford engine (and I must have swapped the PRV in myself), and all sorts of other BS that people at car shows spew to try and impress the other people around. People who are actually interested in the car are a bit embarrassed that they had it wrong but genuinely want to have the right info and love hearing about it- it's just the ones who will argue until they're blue in the face that they're right even when faced with the facts right in front of their face.

seyhan3535 wrote: My boss owns one. It's been in the shop forever. I think it would be more interesting if the company had decided to create a successor to the original D:

There was a rumor back when GM shut down Saturn & Pontiac that DMC-H made a bit to buy the Kappa platform (Saturn Sky/Pontiac Solstice) factory, tooling, and rights to the platform so they could produce their own variant of the Kappa as a new-model DeLorean. It was a pity it didn't happen since I really like the Kappas. This was the artist's concept of it...

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
1/28/16 4:02 p.m.

That's not enough less hideous than a Solstice to interest me. I agree about updating the original interior, although hopefully still in a 'period' way.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
1/28/16 4:30 p.m.

Actually wanted one back in the day. Not a BTTF fan at all just admired DeLorean for his talent and guts and wanted DMC to take off. Well, that didn't work out.

V6 Ecoboost in an original car would be fun but feel no need to go there now. Too many other cars I'd prefer to own before this.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
1/28/16 5:09 p.m.

I must admit the bttf dmc being my first movie car crush. I also always had a thing for non conventional doors. Again born in '84, Deloreans and Lamborghinis.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/28/16 5:57 p.m.

I remember writing to DeLorean when I was in ninth grade. They sent me a letter and a nice catalog. I still have it somewhere.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
1/28/16 6:05 p.m.

I soon became a fan of John Z. after reading 'On a Clear Day You Can See General Motors'. He was a man before his time.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8G4Im104AueMG86fELaiV4imh7awl4cF394u5B4PykHPFPKwWIboUpDsgJrX4s64