stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/5/13 10:34 a.m.

This is primarily for my '13 Focus. I'm not sure what I'd be looking for ("best wax"? "how do you like your new Focus"? "where have you been with yours and..". yada,yada, yada..)

Anyway, a car is only new once and anyone with a bit of Focus experience would be good. Maybe I'll even find out what they're doing with that dang armrest that sits in your way when shifting...

thanks.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
11/5/13 10:45 a.m.

It may be here! I found I get real answers from real car guys here no matter what I drive it seems. Other fan sites have too much BS meaningless chatter while not really solving any problems or educated opinions.

It's kinda like getting a lesson in powerlifting from a 140 lb personal trainer rather than going to a meet and talking with the competitors.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
11/5/13 10:48 a.m.

Love my Focus, but I just broke the key off in the trunk... Its an 08. I've also driven my friends 2014.

Rhyno
Rhyno New Reader
11/5/13 10:56 a.m.

Not to put down this site by no means lots of great info here i finally joined. Stnation is not bad as is with focus fanatics. We have a 2012 sel hatchback love it! I did the air box mod sounds mean! reply to stan:

Hal
Hal SuperDork
11/5/13 11:18 a.m.

For Focus specific info I would put FocalJet first. They have a set of sub-forums for the 2012+ Focus. If you can't find the answer there, ask here as we have quite a few members with Focii. You can also try FocusFanatics, as they have some good info in some parts of the forum.

I have been a member of FJ and FF since I got my Focus in 2001 and have gotten a lot of good info from each.

OldGray320i
OldGray320i Reader
11/5/13 11:46 a.m.

I tend toward FF - not sure why, but I do. Mine's a '12, I also did the airbox mod, gives the car a bit more character but at certain rpm/throttle opening it drones a bit. I did have an Injen intake, really, really woke the car up, especially in the upper rpm range, but very loud at WOT. Going to try different methods to quiet it, because I liked the extra pep. I also changed out the "lunchbox" at the back with a $10 boneyard muffler - it had cool dual tips, so I cut and welded some 90's on it to make it fit under the car. Sounds pretty neat, and not loud at all.

I've got Vogtland's under the car, drops it about an inch or inch and a quarter, firm, but not bad. I want a rear sway bar next, that should about do it for me...

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
11/5/13 12:03 p.m.

I miss TheFocusConnection greatly at this point.....I cannot stand the other focus boards(Even if they are 99.999999999% better than Forteforums)

Rhyno
Rhyno New Reader
11/5/13 12:24 p.m.

In reply to OldGray320i: So I have be3n looking at the lunch box mod for her car can you post a clip of it? Mine doesnt drone but I just hav3 the mod with no name after market filter. You like the springs? I have been trying to talk her into lowering it a lil ( I like to drive it alot!)

stan
11/5/13 12:30 p.m.

Thanks for the suggestions! I hadn't heard of Stnation, but will look into that one along with the others.

Wasn't planning on any in-depth mods as I have other vehicles to satisfy that itch. The air box mod sounds interesting though...

Wait. Maybe I shouldn't be going out to those places.

...and, as always, this is the BEST place for any car-related stuff. I just recommended GRM to a friend last week that's looking for BMW answers.

Rhyno
Rhyno New Reader
11/5/13 12:49 p.m.

In reply to stan: I have just became a member but I read on here all th3 time I love this forum I hav3 no clue why I waited so long. You might enjoy the air box even my wife loves it. Try taking your lid off your air box and driv3 around a bit 5 screws I believe. Try that let us know :)

stan
11/5/13 1:27 p.m.

"5 screws", huh?

Sounds quick and easy... Does it really let that much more air in?

Rhyno
Rhyno New Reader
11/5/13 1:35 p.m.

Well bolts sorry. I think it does because that box is fairly sealed with a small intake tube underneath the filter. It will take yoy about 2 min to take the top off. The sound is awesome. Almost like the induction noise on a focus st. As far as benefits in power most likely not but the intake noise is audible even from outside the car. 34, xxx miles like that no problems. My box is cut now but thats how I had it for so long.

OldGray320i
OldGray320i Reader
11/5/13 2:15 p.m.
Rhyno wrote: In reply to OldGray320i: So I have be3n looking at the lunch box mod for her car can you post a clip of it? Mine doesnt drone but I just hav3 the mod with no name after market filter. You like the springs? I have been trying to talk her into lowering it a lil ( I like to drive it alot!)

I'll try to post a clip a little later tonight - again, my replacement for the lunchbox was a cool looking (and much smaller) muffler on a bone yard find, but a nice Magnaflow or something would probably sound a bit better.

As to the airbox mod (and I can see if I can catch the sound there too), I took out the little "snorkel" at the top (very easy) and there was a couple other dohickeys in there as well that I took out. Not quite as loud as the box with no top on it, but gives some intake sound, a little more character to it.

If it's the Injen intake you wanted to see about, take the top off the box and double the noise, or thereabouts.

Cheers!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VgefDCFeMUXa6n3nhkdYAIW0Nuj6MRceSV3QrVlgs6P2LOboF1OvReLQ3VhZpogA