Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/7/21 8:32 p.m.

I never thought I would use that term about a vehicle I own.  I always figured Radwood was a nice way of saying "disposable malaise era car that someone will pay too much to own."  I get the draw, though.  I find myself drooling over the occasional Park Avenue or Citation just because.

Having said that, I do have a rad-ish (not a radish) truck that would likely bring $2500 on ebay, $3000 locally, or $3500 if I'm really patient.  I figure once I get the misfire fixed and maybe fix the sagging headliner, I might have a $4500 "rust free survivor."  Of course, I would advertise it honestly, I'm not trying to screw anyone, but if I'm going to sell it, might as well put it in front of the audience with the best chance of paying a higher price for it.

BaT has some Radwood selections, but BaT is a bit steep at $100 to list for a truck that might not bring what I hope (and, truth be told, I don't think it's special enough for BaT).  Other thoughts on places where people like to pay a premium price for older stuff?  I could put it on Rad For Sale FB, but that is basically you guys but on FB.

94 Fordzda Branger B4000, fully loaded, 5 spd, 4x4, 114k miles.

I thought about putting in on Ebay with a high reserve just to see how high it bids, but ebay has been hit or miss for me over the last few years.

Thoughts?

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/7/21 8:37 p.m.

The truck market is insane at least here. In current shape it's probably worth much more than 3k here.

eBay might not be the worst option at this time really, gets you a lot of people looking at your ad at least.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/7/21 8:47 p.m.

A Rad Fordzda you say? 

I believe that rad for sale is a thing and is an outshoot of Radwood, I don't have any direct experience though.  

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf HalfDork
5/8/21 10:59 a.m.

Since it is "not a radish" a Farmers Market wouldn't be a good idea.

However, around here (Northern AZ) pickups and Rangers sell like hot cakes. 

ValourUnbound
ValourUnbound Reader
5/8/21 7:44 p.m.

Cars and Bids might be what you want.

Here's how Brangers have done there:

https://carsandbids.com/search/ford/ranger

karplus2
karplus2 GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/8/21 8:24 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

The truck market is insane at least here. In current shape it's probably worth much more than 3k here.

eBay might not be the worst option at this time really, gets you a lot of people looking at your ad at least.

Yep, my parents just sold their 2002 near-zero option Ranger for $4500. They weren't even trying to sell it. Somebody knocked on their door offering cash. It was low mileage but rusty. Just last year it would have been a $1500 truck.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/8/21 9:12 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Have you priced Rangers recently in your area?

2001 asking $7k

1999 asking $7k

2005 asking nearly $10k

I'd start with just putting it up on CL/FB. Be sure to add the word Ranger in your title and in the body.  Few are searching for B4000 but many are searching for Ranger. 

Start with a price that seems ridiculously high and see what happens. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/9/21 11:09 a.m.

Good info, thanks y'all

Gotta get it cleaned up and get pictures.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/9/21 11:27 a.m.

Rangers just never screamed RADWOOD to me lol

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/9/21 11:28 a.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tb3EOVNrQ1FbVs2US9TGHS28sZ3aq9e16ZyC4aMWqA214eA3LPg66gS5Slpt1NxK