1 2
wbjones
wbjones Reader
10/30/09 11:14 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote:
GlennS wrote:
splitime wrote: So who is this Bob guy?
Hes a douche
But why was an ex-NFL QB talking about a NASCAR driver? ESPN have a FB player calling a race? I missed the whole thing although I've heard the fallout.

they have a former NBA center talking about NASCAR

spitfirebill
spitfirebill Dork
10/30/09 11:22 a.m.
wbjones wrote:
spitfirebill wrote:
GlennS wrote:
Hes a douche
But why was an ex-NFL QB talking about a NASCAR driver? ESPN have a FB player calling a race? I missed the whole thing although I've heard the fallout.
they have a former NBA center talking about NASCAR

That's called diversification. Surprisingly, he isn't bad.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
10/30/09 11:39 a.m.

He's kind of an institution in South Florida. Mister Clean, never had any kind of scandal, always spoke well, highly intelligent and methodical. Turned his kid into a pretty fair ball player. Active at the schools, local charities. Now they try to portray him as racist? That dog don't hunt

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/30/09 12:23 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote:
GlennS wrote:
Hes a douche

He was on Sportcenter not doing race commentary. The NBA player is a racer as well as a car owner.

Kramer
Kramer HalfDork
10/30/09 3:01 p.m.

The NBA player wore #43 his entire career to show that he was a fan of The King. He knows more about NASCAR than about the NBA.

bamalama
bamalama Reader
10/30/09 7:16 p.m.
John Brown wrote:
spitfirebill wrote:
GlennS wrote:
Hes a douche
He was on Sportcenter not doing race commentary. The NBA player is a racer as well as a car owner.

It was actually during a football game. ESPN endlessly cross-promotes their NASCAR coverage during college football.

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
10/30/09 7:21 p.m.

I heard him say that...but I can't remember which game it was.

I just shook my head and said; "Idiot". But, of course I said/say that about him a lot.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/30/09 8:59 p.m.
Kramer wrote: The NBA player wore #43 his entire career to show that he was a fan of The King. He knows more about NASCAR than about the NBA.

Joe Tait: "Brad Daugherty, WHAM with the right hand!"

the wonders of growing up a Cavs fan. coulda been one of the best if he didnt have chronic back injuries. he's whiter than me, and definitely one of the "good old boys"

bamalama
bamalama Reader
10/30/09 9:21 p.m.

If Daugherty cared that much about racing, he'd buy some damn tires for his Nationwide car, instead of letting it go to the garage after 5 laps.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZFCnAc92hZj1vJWcX72m6GUavTCoQwU2lnH3HsDAyVlEEW5yYEfuGWfS5lQfCzNl