1 2
octavious
octavious HalfDork
7/27/15 5:30 p.m.

I hand been following this, and again have nothing valuable to add, but I had a guy in a white Cayenne GTS follow me on a Porsche ride once. I swear the grill on that thing was so wide it looked as if it would swallow my whole car. And that thing was no slouch to boot. If yours is a better driver than the GTS that is even better

docwyte
docwyte Dork
7/28/15 9:40 a.m.

At least here at altitude the Turbo is a much better driver than the GTS. Power in the GTS is barely adequate around town and pretty weak kneed going over the passes. That's not an issue with the Turbo...

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH New Reader
7/28/15 1:16 p.m.

What about just the "S" models, do they have the same issues as the Turbo (cardan shaft, coolant pipes, etc,)? Are the regular 6 cylinder versions decent SUV's? These seem like they have made it through their initial lease and second owner, and if you can find one with good maintenance records I'm wondering if it's worth the price of admission (which seems to be pretty low these days).

docwyte
docwyte Dork
7/28/15 3:09 p.m.

All the V8 models have the same issues with coolant pipes and coolant T's. Cardan shafts are an issue on all of the trucks.

6 cylinder versions are pretty weak kneed, depends on what you're used to and where you live. I didn't consider anything but the Turbo, Turbo S due to the altitude that I live at.

docwyte
docwyte Dork
8/3/15 9:03 a.m.

Fixed the rear hatch glass microswitch yesterday. It would only work if I used the key remote the button on the switch itself wasn't working.

Part is pretty cheap new, around $25. I lucked out and found a brand new one on Rennlist and got it for the price of shipping.

Easy DIY, works fine now.

Here's why it wasn't working...

docwyte
docwyte Dork
8/3/15 9:05 a.m.

Next up is installing my Denison bluetooth module, then replacing the control arms. Car shudders under braking at highway speeds...

Also scored a set of OEM 19" wheels off eBay for a great deal, going to use them for winter wheels.

Still need to find a cargo net and the pet net, truck didn't come with them...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CcdV6RaqP32OLHhjyoWxhbHFQQWBS8ZqAyUox6c2ah3DBvJahizcZgVMiQNV7Fen