paddylopez
paddylopez New Reader
3/23/15 7:43 a.m.

Yikes.

Ick.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/15 7:47 a.m.

I think this is more of a wheel fitment problem than a box flare problem...it has way more flare than it should for where the wheels are.

paddylopez
paddylopez New Reader
3/23/15 7:49 a.m.

It just seems wrong, something about the proportions of the 7 series do not lend themselves (in my mind, anyway), to box flares. But yeah, it needs something with a lot of dish to fill up those flares.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
3/23/15 7:51 a.m.

Needs more coke era hammer wheels, and a DTM spoiler. Still rocks box flares like a boss.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
3/23/15 8:08 a.m.

The panel fitment and flat black paint don't do it any favors. With a decent install, a paint job and the right wheels/tires it could work.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/23/15 8:54 a.m.

I'd drive that.

thewheelman
thewheelman New Reader
3/23/15 9:03 a.m.

Who convinced the GM that it should be parked inside the showroom? Especially when there's a clean WRX and a Gallardo in close proximity? It really cheapens the showroom. Something about that place leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't think the flares are terrible, but the wheels are definitely wrong. A halfway decent paint job would work wonders, I think.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
3/23/15 9:06 a.m.

In reply to thewheelman:

There are a few dozen things wrong with that pile. I, too, am surprised it's in the showroom.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
3/23/15 9:06 a.m.

I'd drive it but not for that money.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
3/23/15 9:07 a.m.

In reply to tuna55:

I'm not. Prestige is right down the street with me (not that showroom, but another). Practically everything they sell is a polished turd.

paddylopez
paddylopez New Reader
3/23/15 9:15 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: I'd drive that.

Directly to the body shop?

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/23/15 9:40 a.m.
mndsm wrote: Needs more coke era hammer wheels, and a DTM spoiler. Still rocks box flares like a boss.

x2. or some deep dish gold mesh wheels. and shiny paint. the big killer on that car is the flat black. the flares are so cool you just can't comprehend the awesome.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/15 10:32 a.m.
patgizz wrote:
mndsm wrote: Needs more coke era hammer wheels, and a DTM spoiler. Still rocks box flares like a boss.
x2. or some deep dish gold mesh wheels. and shiny paint. the big killer on that car is the flat black. the flares are so cool you just can't comprehend the awesome.

Paint it bright white and add Testarossa grills to the flares it'll be perfect.

ssswitch
ssswitch Reader
3/23/15 10:52 a.m.

Bring the flares back into the bumper a little bit more to square off the stance, chuck a DTM wing on it (or maybe two DTM wings) and then throw a bucket of strakes and NACA ducts at it and we're good to go.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/15 11:50 a.m.

The chrome should be gold plated too. I wouldn't buy my coke from someone that didn't have gold trim.

OldGray320i
OldGray320i Reader
3/23/15 1:27 p.m.

The first thought in my head upon seeing that pic was "Ooof - not good".

80's coke-head wheels will not change that, nor will shiny paint.

That thing is just fugly with those flares on it.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Reader
3/23/15 1:31 p.m.

+1 for big DTM wing... really big.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
3/23/15 1:38 p.m.
thewheelman wrote: Who convinced the GM that it should be parked inside the showroom? Especially when there's a clean WRX and a Gallardo in close proximity? It really cheapens the showroom. Something about that place leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think the flares are terrible, but the wheels are definitely wrong. A halfway decent paint job would work wonders, I think.

There is not one car I've seen on their lot that I'd consider clean, and I've seen the Lambo..

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TVMJkqx9pz16YsFWFOAniiUBaBr8d1AgWBm4i3H4Cw0QryeSoz5293ZKIJMMeZwL