1 2
fastmiata
fastmiata Reader
11/11/10 5:15 p.m.

I looked at Boxsters while on my fantasy search and found that most that were for sale needed immediate and expensive attention. Finding a competent mechanic would be the most important item had I bought one. Prices from the dealer to work on one would make any low price Boxster a bad deal: $1800 clutches; $1200 brakes; $2300 rear main seals, etc I found an early S that looked nice but it had a wind whistle that would have caused me to eat a bullet on a long trip with the top down. The dealer was going to fix it and give me a call; they must have lost my number because I have never gotten the call. 911's made more sense to buy. At this point I am still happy that I went with the Elise.

bluesideup
bluesideup New Reader
11/11/10 6:02 p.m.

My FIL has a Boxster S with 31K on it for sale for just under $20k, it's an impressive car and they do extremely well on track against much more powerful cars.

Otto_Maddox
Otto_Maddox Reader
11/17/10 1:23 p.m.

Another cheap 911 - lotsa power, needs paint.

And it is in my area code. I might need to give it a look.

Vigo
Vigo Dork
11/17/10 1:37 p.m.
but when you make a 911 into a vert it transcends plain and goes straight to fugly without passing go or collecting $200.

Lol, truth!

Vigo
Vigo Dork
11/17/10 1:43 p.m.
The seal can be replaced and work effectively so long as the crank assembly is still centered.

Interesting line from Excellence article..

Uh......... If the crank isnt centered you forgot to put the main bearings back in.

Otto_Maddox
Otto_Maddox HalfDork
11/22/10 11:00 a.m.

911 driver

I guess I need to stop posting these, but jeez, a decent driver for $8K?

pres589
pres589 HalfDork
11/22/10 11:05 a.m.

In reply to Otto_Maddox:

You keep finding interesting 911's on the Pelican Parts forum, I wonder if that site would be relevant to my interests once I have a decent Porker-shaped nest egg saved up (because I refuse to finance cars at this point if I can help it) by the summer of 2011.

nderwater
nderwater HalfDork
11/22/10 11:06 a.m.

Don't stop feeding the sickness - keep posting away!

snipes
snipes Reader
11/22/10 11:27 a.m.

I am digging this

Otto_Maddox
Otto_Maddox HalfDork
11/23/10 10:31 a.m.

Another $9K 911.

I'd be posting all the decent sub $10K Boxsters I come across but I just don't happen upon many.

pres589
pres589 HalfDork
11/23/10 10:36 a.m.

Yeah, I've bookmarked the For Sale section of Porsche cars on the Pelican forum, looks like a lot of traffic and stuff getting posted there.

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/23/10 3:10 p.m.
snipes wrote: I am digging this

I swear it looks Japanese

snipes
snipes Reader
1/13/11 11:31 p.m.

okay, I am still looking at Boxters...

Get more hot stuff here. (maybe a little over done)

TxCoyote
TxCoyote New Reader
1/14/11 9:37 p.m.

Here is the thing about used Porsches. Buy a good one or pay more to have a bad one brought up to standards. I have a 99 (for sale btw) that I bought cheap. New top, clutch, rear main, timing belt, brakes, etc.etc. and my car is now near perfect but I could've bought a real good one for less overall. So it is a pay me now or pay me later but you will pay. Great car though, I just don't need another 2 seater since I finished my Stalker (Lotus 7 clone). If anyone is interested I am letting it go for a fair price. Low mileage

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cS2fnKbWwLOq669kDasfc1V0UCgz1TzSTloPEYiVHAGxr4kVkmkm1GMRAXPls4BE