1 2
fidelity101
fidelity101 Reader
10/26/12 11:32 a.m.

In reply to Chris_V:

It reminds me like when hybrids were becomming all of the rage and nissan didn't have one and their answer was "there technology isn't there yet, we will not have a hybrid" and only a few years later they have several hybrids and the leaf.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
10/26/12 12:33 p.m.
docwyte wrote: Gotta be the least surprising article out there. Kinda feel sorry for the people who didn't wait for it...

Did I miss something?

Where does it say "One Frisbee per customer lifetime" such that if you bought a first year release you are not allowed to trade up to the new one?

With demand for the Twins going strong at this point, it seems like a good idea to let the Mustang/Genesis guys go about their business smug in the knowledge that the FRS can't compete with their awesome horsepowerage.

Once the initial buzz comes down and the factories have some bandwidth open, the addition of the turbo turns the Mustang/Genesis market share into low hanging fruit.

GTB_ZR1
GTB_ZR1 New Reader
10/27/12 7:28 a.m.

I just picked up an FR-S, and can tell you it's seriously underpowered (although I'm a bit jaded). The car will be stellar w/ a blower.

I'm looking forward to modding my car to STX prep for Solo (already got rims/tires for debut tomorrow), and am hopeful it'll really come alive. I wonder where the turbo car will fall, probably SS--as I think it might stomp BS, not to mention AS, if they give it enough rim.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson SuperDork
10/27/12 7:50 a.m.
GTB_ZR1 wrote: I just picked up an FR-S, and can tell you it's seriously underpowered (although I'm a bit jaded). The car will be stellar w/ a blower. I'm looking forward to modding my car to STX prep for Solo (already got rims/tires for debut tomorrow), and am hopeful it'll really come alive. I wonder where the turbo car will fall, probably SS--as I think it might stomp BS, not to mention AS, if they give it enough rim.

Build thread?

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
10/27/12 10:35 a.m.
GTB_ZR1 wrote: I just picked up an FR-S, and can tell you it's seriously underpowered (although I'm a bit jaded). The car will be stellar w/ a blower.

Interestingly, it's the same exact size and layout as the 944 and FC RX7, but has more power than either. And yet we have no problems driving 944s and FC RX7s around here. In fact, it has more power then the FC RX7 Turbo and about the same as the turbo 944. Neither of which were ever considered "slow."

I've driven the frisbee and I'm not sure it needs more power to be fun. And I'm coming from a Mustang GT daily driver.

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
10/27/12 11:47 a.m.

The one I tested out certainly didn't impress me with power, but it was still plenty fun. Good handling + low limits = super fun in my book.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
10/27/12 12:00 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
GTB_ZR1 wrote: I just picked up an FR-S, and can tell you it's seriously underpowered (although I'm a bit jaded). The car will be stellar w/ a blower. I'm looking forward to modding my car to STX prep for Solo (already got rims/tires for debut tomorrow), and am hopeful it'll really come alive. I wonder where the turbo car will fall, probably SS--as I think it might stomp BS, not to mention AS, if they give it enough rim.
Build thread?

Yeah, George.

Let's see it!!!!!

GTB_ZR1
GTB_ZR1 New Reader
10/27/12 8:02 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
Build thread?
Yeah, George. Let's see it!!!!!

Okay, Joey & gents--ask & ye shall receive...

245/40s on 17x9" +38 cheapies to get me started. 285 mi. Let no dust gather under one's feet...

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
10/27/12 8:13 p.m.

Oh, that's pretty. You are going to have a lot of fun with this one

GTB_ZR1
GTB_ZR1 New Reader
10/27/12 8:22 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: Oh, that's pretty. You are going to have a lot of fun with this one

I hope so, Joey--it will simplify my Solo life--but I will DEFINITELY miss Godzilla--gone, but never to be forgotten...

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
10/27/12 9:54 p.m.

Ah, I didn't know you'd sold that one. I'm glad you let me ride along in it when you got it...amazing to see something that big move that way.

I just showed the pics of the new ride to Dad, and he agrees that it looks like it will be a lot of fun. Dad pointed out that -considering how much racing you have done with evos - the subie blood in this car might make it something you can comfortably tinker with and mod.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/28/12 10:54 a.m.
Chris_V wrote: Interestingly, it's the same exact size and layout as the 944 and FC RX7, but has more power than either. And yet we have no problems driving 944s and FC RX7s around here. In fact, it has more power then the FC RX7 Turbo and about the same as the turbo 944. Neither of which were ever considered "slow."

Speaking with a BRZ owner who was raving about the car's general directness compared to the AWD turbomobiles that he normally drove.

I asked how much it weighed, did a little math, then pointed at my (bridge ported) RX-7, and pointed out that his BRZ had more power:weight than my car did.

(Yes, it was a crappy worn out engine)

I want to see some BRZs running SR next year at RallyCross national championship. Someone's got to steal it away from Miatas winning.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
10/28/12 6:39 p.m.
Chris_V wrote:
GTB_ZR1 wrote: I just picked up an FR-S, and can tell you it's seriously underpowered (although I'm a bit jaded). The car will be stellar w/ a blower.
Interestingly, it's the same exact size and layout as the 944 and FC RX7, but has more power than either. And yet we have no problems driving 944s and FC RX7s around here. In fact, it has more power then the FC RX7 Turbo and about the same as the turbo 944. Neither of which were ever considered "slow." I've driven the frisbee and I'm not sure it needs more power to be fun. And I'm coming from a Mustang GT daily driver.

944 turbo has 92 foot pounds more torque....that's huge.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XvWNuzn1pVYXVFX67xjlKMYJ208GgWd713c91qK8jeYWcpc2Fw1c9t770m0LujOt