1 2
wrek496
wrek496 New Reader
3/25/12 11:45 a.m.
patgizz wrote: i don't know about you guys but i've been in situations where i've had to put my foot down to get to a safe spot on the road. like when a semi decides to put his signal on and start changing lanes into you when you are right next to the cab.

This^. I drive for a living at night and there are times when you need to get around a drunk or dangerous driver.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/25/12 12:47 p.m.

Our E39 M5 has a user-settable speed alarm. It's a good plan on that car. Then you can pay attention to your driving instead of to your speed. Watching the speedo to make sure you don't accidentally go from law-abiding citizen to sociopath by going 2 mph faster is not paying attention to your driving.

Josh
Josh Dork
3/25/12 1:02 p.m.

In reply to Keith:

If ever there was a car that needed this sort of thing, you've got it. I had trouble when I first got my E36, I was so used to the SE-R that turned 4k rpm at 80 that I would find myself hitting 85 at the end of on-ramps without realizing. I fixed that by putting in an M3 diff with a much shorter rear end ratio :).

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
3/25/12 1:12 p.m.

Mom gad an 03 Audi A6. It was eerily quiet, and I often found myself going much faster than I would in my Miata (no interior makes them even louder). I set the warning tone at 80 one night (75 actual) and got in lots of trouble from her, since she likes to go so much faster than that.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Y6H1FeJu8QC83x8XgukPNXiRtSHWMItAjd1cyALfQY8JN4GZtGSuUqkMNDhiH5yT