1 2 3
Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
1/2/13 9:15 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun:

I think my runaround is because I live in a county bordered by two different states. They have extended the requirements to get a driver's license. On top of just living here, you MUST provide a utility bill or E911 address statement showing your address inside the county. It was a total PITA when we moved back from Lexington. Yes, same damn state, same damn stupid hassle.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/2/13 10:00 a.m.

Just as an update, Datsun310Guy nailed it. Nothing but crickets in response to my inquiry. I'll update the thread, should that change.

Datsun310Guy wrote:
dyintorace wrote: Thanks guys. I asked the seller for some details on why the car does not have a title and also for the VIN. We'll see what comes back!
Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/2/13 10:04 a.m.
Ranger50 wrote: In reply to Ashyukun: I think my runaround is because I live in a county bordered by two different states. They have extended the requirements to get a driver's license. On top of just living here, you MUST provide a utility bill or E911 address statement showing your address inside the county. It was a total PITA when we moved back from Lexington. Yes, same damn state, same damn stupid hassle.

After living here for nearly 8 years, I've largely come to the conclusing that living anywhere BUT here in Lexington (or very close by- or possibly Louisville) would be far more of a headache than I'd want to deal with.

I seem to remember having to have some form of proof of residence when I first got my KY driver's license as well, but I've had very little trouble when it's come to vehicles despite having had a number pass through my care since I've been here (once I got the hang of reporting when I'd sold them so the county didn't keep charging me taxes on them).

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RwcC3J9PS0x0scnGLdPxqddTewsAyAkXmnh2W5DLHSaDRB5jqnq9ntVhV4cS6VLu