1 2 3 4
mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/15/13 1:59 p.m.

Maybe I like white the best because the C7 is so.....brash compared to other corvettes. I really think it allows you to concentrate on the silhouette of the car without getting sucked into the folds and creases. Color was actually the easiest choice to make. I really like white on the car.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
10/15/13 2:07 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Maybe I like white the best because the C7 is so.....brash compared to other corvettes. I really think it allows you to concentrate on the silhouette of the car without getting sucked into the folds and creases. Color was actually the easiest choice to make. I really like white on the car.

I would add that white with carbon vents would be icing on the cake.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
10/15/13 2:17 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Maybe I like white the best because the C7 is so.....brash compared to other corvettes. I really think it allows you to concentrate on the silhouette of the car without getting sucked into the folds and creases. Color was actually the easiest choice to make. I really like white on the car.

So in part you like the white because it tones down line in the car you don't care for. That makes sense.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/15/13 2:29 p.m.

There isn't a car made that doesn't have parts I like more or less. If I color accentuates the parts I like more and downplays the ones that I like less, then it makes sense to me. It's like the interior. If they offered a full red interior, like the late 80's car where every available surface was bright red, I'd seriously consider it. The colored inserts they offer on the C7 seem half assed to me. Either go all the way with an idea or don't bother.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/13 2:46 p.m.

Colors in order:

Standard:

Black -

Arctic White -

(Okay, that Z51 actually looks really good, especially with the red seats and calipers. Please oh please consider the red!)

Torch Red -

Blade Silver -

Cyber Gray -

Night Race Blue -

Premium:

Laguna Blue -

Velocity Yellow -

Crystal Red -

Lime Rock Green -

Seats:

GT seats versus the Sport seats -

I kinda dig the 2-tone red interior with the Sport seats:

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/15/13 2:51 p.m.

You can come and drive it Jav, but it's going to be white. The white car looks better with the white roof instead of the clear/carbon panel. The full two tone interior is almost there, but it requires me to move up a couple of trim levels and that's not what I'm looking for.

Javelin
10/15/13 2:55 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

Yeah, I noticed the full 2-tone is 3LT only. Bah, what a waste of money! Yeah, the White/Black 1LT is a good combo (though I still vote for red calipers). Notice I said the white looked surprisingly good

What all do the roofs come in? Full paint, clear, half carbon, and??? White with a full carbon roof would be badass, but that "basket handle" at the trailing edge in white disrupts the lines terribly.

Javelin
10/15/13 2:57 p.m.

Also, notice the seats side-by-side really don't look different where it matters (side bolsters & thigh bolsters). I wouldn't be surprised if they are actually quite similar and share a lot of parts. Those may not be worth the money.

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
10/15/13 3:03 p.m.

I like a lot of those colors, but I'm really digging the green! Do we all get to come drool when you pick it up in Bowling Green?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/15/13 3:08 p.m.

I'm a skinny guy, any extra support at all is a plus for me.

Cotton: I'll let you know when the Bowling Green thing happens. You can come take it for a spin.

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
10/15/13 3:27 p.m.

awesome, can't wait to see it.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
10/15/13 3:29 p.m.

Artic white Z51 with the Grand Touring seats please.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/15/13 3:43 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Colors in order: Arctic White - I kinda dig the 2-tone red interior with the Sport seats:

Man. White cars typically don't do anything for me, but i LOVE this set up right here. That is bad ass! Love the red interior, love the black wheels, red calipers, perfect!

Javelin
10/15/13 3:52 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

Go sit in both seats. I strongly suspect the actual differences are minimal in support. The Competition Seat looks like the GT seat with slightly taller (vertical) side bolsters. For a skinny guy especially, that won't help any.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
10/15/13 7:57 p.m.

Wait one year.

As I pilot we have a mantra: Never fly the A model of anything.

jdbuilder
jdbuilder Reader
10/15/13 8:52 p.m.

When a car can rock white like that, it's a true bad ass!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/15/13 9:11 p.m.

Talked it over with the Mrs and she kind of wants me to get navigation. Any thoughts?

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/15/13 9:20 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Talked it over with the Mrs and she kind of wants me to get navigation. Any thoughts?

$800 will buy one hell of a Garmin or several very good ones. Very seldom do I hear anyone say anything good about factory navigation.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Reader
10/15/13 9:46 p.m.

I'd skip nav, especially if you or the missus have smartphones. My cheapo alternative to factory nav is this: the radio has Bluetooth and my iphone is synced to it. To navigate, I select the phone as the input device and use the free MapQuest app for directions. MapQuest's voice directions are broadcast over the car's speakers for turn-by-turn navigation. True, the display on the iphone is smaller than the nav system's, but you don't want to read either too closely while driving. Factory-installed phones were high-dollar units in late '80s-90s Bimmers and now they are curiosities. Given the pace of technology, it's easy to imagine nav facing the same obsolescence one day.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
10/15/13 9:50 p.m.

Did I miss the thread where you decided this is the car you wanted? Or, and I can't believe I'm even saying this, did you make a decision without our collective inputs

Either way white is the correct decision. Or black or green...

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
10/15/13 10:02 p.m.

I met a truckload of these on the parkway the other day. Every single one was wrapped in that white plastic stuff.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 Dork
10/15/13 11:01 p.m.

The Magnetic Selective Ride sounds nice. So does that heated and ventilated seat but I'd rather have the Sport seats.

That Cyber Gray looks pretty cool. So does the Laguna Blue and Night Blue.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
10/16/13 12:15 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: I'm a skinny guy, any extra support at all is a plus for me. Cotton: I'll let you know when the Bowling Green thing happens. You can come take it for a spin.

Let me know too, I'm an hour north of BG and would love to see one up close.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
10/16/13 1:33 a.m.
nicksta43 wrote: Did I miss the thread where you decided this is the car you wanted? Or, and I can't believe I'm even saying this, did you make a decision without our collective inputs Either way white is the correct decision. Or black or green...

there has to be a "learn me" thread around here somewhere...

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/16/13 5:57 a.m.

I love white. But if you do lots of track days you will be frustrated by all the rubber marks.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UMQcLd35SJtBYPaY4b9ktzI4LOQGhmHj0jkqjGYzrMEzyidDqOMtJstrGclqamxK