1 2 3 4
mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/16/13 8:44 a.m.
nicksta43 wrote: Did I miss the thread where you decided this is the car you wanted? Or, and I can't believe I'm even saying this, did you make a decision without our collective inputs Either way white is the correct decision. Or black or green...

I very nearly bought a C6 Gran Sport when they came out. As an engineer and a car guy, I really appreciated how they built the car. When the Z51 C7 was announced, it was a pretty exciting car to me. When Aerowagon production was confirmed, that was it. The C7 went from a car that was very compelling on paper to one that was emotionally significant to me. I don't expect Aerowagon production numbers to be very high, but I think I can be very very happy to wake up and see one sitting in my driveway every morning.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
10/16/13 8:50 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
nicksta43 wrote: Did I miss the thread where you decided this is the car you wanted? Or, and I can't believe I'm even saying this, did you make a decision without our collective inputs Either way white is the correct decision. Or black or green...
I very nearly bought a C6 Gran Sport when they came out. As an engineer and a car guy, I really appreciated how they built the car. When the Z51 C7 was announced, it was a pretty exciting car to me. When Aerowagon production was confirmed, that was it. The C7 went from a car that was very compelling on paper to one that was emotionally significant to me. I don't expect Aerowagon production numbers to be very high, but I think I can be very very happy to wake up and see one sitting in my driveway every morning.

I think we will be very happy to see trackday pictures soon!

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
10/16/13 8:57 a.m.
BoostedBrandon wrote: I met a truckload of these on the parkway the other day. Every single one was wrapped in that white plastic stuff.

Ah, so he can buy one in any color and just keep the wrap on it to make it white!

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
10/16/13 9:41 a.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: I would add that white with carbon vents would be icing on the cake.

Bingo, I drove a zr1 back in may in White/carbon......it looked good. The '53s were white, so white is right(not a racist comment)

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
10/16/13 3:31 p.m.

Hard to admit, but I don't think it looks bad in any color. I find myself rolling through Jav's list saying: "I'd hit that, and that, and that, and that, and...."

Green and the weird metallic red and the yellow didn't do it for me, but the rest all look pretty great. This is going to be a classic. Amazing performance/dollar as always on the corvette, but they keep upping the ante.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/13 3:35 p.m.

Huh. Can't decide if I love the Aerowagon or not. It would help if they real pictures and not photoshops. It does look like an attractive Ferrari FF...

Javelin
10/16/13 3:36 p.m.
Teh E36 M3 wrote: Hard to admit, but I don't think it looks bad in any color. I find myself rolling through Jav's list saying: "I'd hit that, and that, and that, and that, and...."

That was kind of the point of that slideshow, they all look good!

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
10/17/13 7:14 a.m.
Javelin wrote:
Teh E36 M3 wrote: Hard to admit, but I don't think it looks bad in any color. I find myself rolling through Jav's list saying: "I'd hit that, and that, and that, and that, and...."
That was kind of the point of that slideshow, they all look good!

From the front....

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/17/13 10:43 a.m.

I just realized that the C7 grille is begging to be blacked out.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/17/13 11:55 a.m.

There are a few things on the car that could be tweaked visually. All in good time.
The dealer I'm working with has plenty of open allocation so unless one of you knot heads can think of something else that I TOTALLY need on the car, it's going like this.
White
Z51
Exhaust
Sport Seats
Mag shocks
Museum Delivery
Aerowagon

Javelin
10/17/13 11:57 a.m.

What other options does Calloway have besides Aerowagon?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/17/13 12:08 p.m.

A $22K engine package. Nothing else that you can buy a la carte right now. I'm not particularly interested in having the car make stupid power.

Bumboclot
Bumboclot Reader
10/17/13 12:09 p.m.

"options include upgraded carpeting, leather side panels and a teak floor with stainless steel strips."

"The AeroWagon body panels are constructed of carbon fiber with natural finish to display the Class A weave. Paint-to-match OEM body color is also available for an additional $1,500."

It is also possible to get a Calloway Corvette Aerowagon, for which pricing is currently unavailable. There will be a 606HP version and a 652HP version. This brings with it a host of options that can be specified.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/17/13 12:13 p.m.

That's what they say, but if you talk to them (which I have) then all you can order now is the Aerowagon conversion for $15K, the paint on it for an extra $1500, and the $22K engine package which is all speculative at this point, but they say it will be awesome. Which it probably will.
They haven't built ANY Aerowagons yet. Right now you're getting in line with your car. They've indicated that there will be further discussions after they get the car, but before it's built. It's all a big adventure.

Javelin
10/17/13 12:19 p.m.

Holy E36 M3 dude, $15,000 for a slightly longer roof?!?!?!

In the politest way possible, you're berkeleying insane. You could buy the regular C7 and buy this C5 Z06 for the same amount of money. I mean if you really, really love it then do it, but wow that's a lot. Way more than I thought it was going to be.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
10/17/13 12:24 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Holy E36 M3 dude, $15,000 for a slightly longer roof?!?!?! In the politest way possible, you're berkeleying *insane*. You could buy the regular C7 *and* buy this C5 Z06 for the same amount of money. I mean if you really, really love it then do it, but wow that's a lot. Way more than I thought it was going to be.

Dude owns a brand new 2, a cool Porsche, and is ordering a new C7. Money is obviously not an issue. If money wasn't an issue for me, I would be thinking the same thing.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/17/13 12:30 p.m.

The C7 is an interesting car. The Aerowagon is a car I want to buy. We all have certain things that push us over the edge from admiring a car to wanting to buy it. I offer no rational justification other than that.

Javelin
10/17/13 12:34 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: The C7 is an interesting car. The Aerowagon is a car I want to buy. We all have certain things that push us over the edge from admiring a car to wanting to buy it. I offer no rational justification other than that.

That's totally cool man. If you can swing it and it lights your fire, then do it!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
10/17/13 12:58 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

What does your wife do?!?! I mean you are a stay at home dad right?

How did you score that gig?

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
10/17/13 1:04 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: In reply to mazdeuce: What does your wife do?!?! I mean you are a stay at home dad right? How did you score that gig?

Whoa, really? Is your wife taking applications?

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/17/13 1:06 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
mazdeuce wrote: The C7 is an interesting car. The Aerowagon is a car I want to buy. We all have certain things that push us over the edge from admiring a car to wanting to buy it. I offer no rational justification other than that.
That's totally cool man. If you can swing it and it lights your fire, then do it!

Are you sure he shouldn't consider a Dodge Ram?

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/17/13 1:07 p.m.

Also I would option the same way except I would probably leave off the Magnetic ride and Aerowagon.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/17/13 1:18 p.m.

I am a stay at home dad. I have been very lucky in my life.

Javelin
10/17/13 1:20 p.m.
nocones wrote:
Javelin wrote:
Are you sure he shouldn't consider a Dodge Ram?

He could with the $15K from not getting the Aerowagon, but then it wouldn't be his dream car. Plus, he's adopting me...

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
10/17/13 1:22 p.m.

It's true, I am adopting Jav.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fxAMMMpMXCPDQtQEJz9OtQmfcjOQRqqsaNmvj0U1VRnsVinMeYVLPbEYnxdmqbxe