1 2 3
Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
4/26/24 11:53 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

And therein lies the dilemma. It's not the performance that is limiting EVs it's the fact that EV production was foisted upon the manufacturers. The subsidies can't go on forever either. Currently they are a flawed business model.

With all that said I do see EVs capturing as much as 30% of the market.

I'd take one as a runabout. I also think I'd like one as a tow vehicle but the cost of one is far more then a cheap ass such as myself would pay.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/27/24 12:05 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

Agreed. I have wanted an EV for ages - especially when I was commuting 100+ miles a day and filling up a TDI every 4-5 days.  I want an EV because plugging it in every night vs. buying fuel appeals to my lazy gene.  Not to mention how many oil changes I was doing when driving ~3K miles/month. 

It's cool how Tom has been able to make his Lightning work for road trips. If Ford saw fit to offer the E-Transit with similar performance, I'd seriously consider one. But it seems their bean-counters decided the local delivery/service market was what they need to focus on, and there up-front cost is a driving factor and reducing the range and severely limiting build-options was a way to reduce that price. I can understand that POV, even if I disagree with the decision. 

In the end... I'm left waiting. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sHRQEVtACgx0fFowsGy7RAvW8P4F5EEIXt1ZskUW8kkyZow3E6SAMtkULePo4WN5