Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/15/14 11:39 a.m.

I've been looking on CarPart.com for some engine prices for the P71. While I've found plenty to choose from, there are often abbreviations that I'm having a hard time figuring out. X-THB, RIV-RG, RVG, UTR, etc...The only one I think I can figure out was DNR = Does Not Run.

Here's a page I was looking at.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/15/14 11:43 a.m.

I think RIV-RG means "ran in vehicle, runs good" or RVG might mean "runs very good". Lost on the other two.

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
5/15/14 12:02 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: I've been looking on CarPart.com for some engine prices for the P71. While I've found plenty to choose from, there are often abbreviations that I'm having a hard time figuring out. X-THB, RIV-RG, RVG, UTR, etc...The only one I think I can figure out was DNR = Does Not Run. Here's a page I was looking at.

Generally in salvage yard speak, DNR means "did not run", meaning they didn't run the engine before pulling it, usually because of lack of keys or damage from the wreck (busted fuse box, etc.), but are generally believed to be good engines. You'll also occasionally see NTS, which means "need to start". As for the first one, I have no idea.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
5/15/14 12:14 p.m.

I found an engine on car part and called the place. They gave me a break on the price because I was buying it for a project car and I didn't need a 30 day warranty. Hell, it's been a couple years and it's still on the engine stand!

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
5/15/14 12:30 p.m.

WAG here, but x-thb might be saying something about the throttle body. It might be extra possibly....

solfly
solfly Reader
5/15/14 12:53 p.m.

sometimes those are codes to tell the salvage yard where the part is. different codes for different trailers/buildings etc

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/15/14 12:55 p.m.

Believe me, I'll call these places for details when I'm ready to buy. I just want to cut down on wasted time.

bluej
bluej UltraDork
1/5/18 11:53 a.m.

Bumping for acronym help. I'm about to pull the trigger on an LKQ motor on eBay, and a bunch of the motors from the same facility on car-part list "FLR" in the description. I'm worried that's for FLood Recovery. Anyone have thoughts on what else it might be?

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/5/18 11:56 a.m.

ITs pulled out and on the floor.

bluej
bluej UltraDork
1/5/18 12:56 p.m.

ah, that makes more sense.  thanks!

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/18 1:29 p.m.

This might help:

http://car-part.com/damage.htm

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
1/5/18 2:15 p.m.

Thb is “too hooned, broken”. 

Ill kool-aid man out now. 

MattGent
MattGent Reader
12/23/21 10:08 a.m.

Anyone have an idea on "UTR"?

Listed as "UTR,TESTED,(3.5L), VIN 5 (6TH DIGIT, FWD), 6 SPEED AT"

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/23/21 11:36 a.m.

Used To Run?

MattGent
MattGent Reader
12/24/21 11:35 a.m.

Or unable to run

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/24/21 1:15 p.m.

UTR - unable to run

X-THB - except throttle body

MattGent
MattGent Reader
12/27/21 3:16 p.m.

I called LKQ on the "utr" label and the rep couldn't tell me what it meant. He was able to say it wasn't a front damaged vehicle. 

don't know how they claim tested if they are unable to run it. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/21 5:17 p.m.

In reply to MattGent :

Compression and/or leak down testing, maybe a quick pan for gold in what was drained from the oil pan.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WGwARDUQ5pNvVpSnT1esRb5TwsX3RYL7JRp5UdfHpO9bYLrNJSTjLMhBCDGoPMpp