1 2
irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
3/2/13 7:33 p.m.

just out of curiosity...

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/2/13 7:36 p.m.

that looks like a Honda dream: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_C71,_C76,_C72,_C77_Dream

NGTD
NGTD Dork
3/2/13 7:36 p.m.

That would be a Honda Dream

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
3/2/13 7:41 p.m.

anything cool about them? I don't know jack about bikes, but could probably have this one for next to nothing. Worth turning into a cafe racer project or anything like that?

Hell, I don't even really know what a cafe racer is......other than it being vintage motorcycle related :)

cutter67
cutter67 Reader
3/2/13 8:06 p.m.

Thats a shame there....look to see if the side covers are laying around and cant see if brake light is there or not. If the engine is free and the tank is not rotted or dented bad she might be worth saving. Whats great about bike projects is they dont take up a lot of space

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
3/2/13 8:16 p.m.

This is what they look like all cleaned up. Its not really great "cafe bike" material. It would be best to bring it back to as close to original as possible.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/2/13 9:05 p.m.

I had one in very similar condition for a brief period about a year ago. Couldn't sell the damn thing to anyone(no title = no one wanting to pay $$), but traded it for $150 worth of music gear, including a craptastic old Kay SG clone, and a pair of matching vintage Peavey Musician 400 bass & guitar heads, which I'm still rocking.

Um, yeah...so in other words, I wouldn't give more than a hundred bucks for it if I were you.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/13 9:12 p.m.

They have stamped frames and probably aren't a lot of fun to restore if they're in poor condition.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 SuperDork
3/2/13 9:23 p.m.

All the above is true. Not cafe material, resto to stock. Collectible IF it has a title. Not big money collectible though. If you can get it for next to nothing and get it cleaned up, repaired, running for cheap it could be a fun project. Then find a antique motorcycle collector market to get your money back. Maybe.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/2/13 9:28 p.m.
cutter67 wrote: Whats great about bike projects is they dont take up a lot of space

That's also the problem. I have a 79 KZ400h in a million pieces in my garage.

Nice Honda.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
3/4/13 1:50 a.m.

Sell me the tank. Seriously, sell me the tank.

RossD
RossD UberDork
3/4/13 7:15 a.m.

The tank as wall art would be worth $150 in my book.

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
3/4/13 8:26 a.m.

What was that about not being cafe material?

cutter67
cutter67 Reader
3/4/13 8:29 a.m.
Aeromoto wrote: What was that about not being cafe material?

thats not a dream a lot different bike

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
3/4/13 8:51 a.m.
wlkelley3 wrote: All the above is true. Not cafe material, resto to stock. Collectible IF it has a title. Not big money collectible though. If you can get it for next to nothing and get it cleaned up, repaired, running for cheap it could be a fun project. Then find a antique motorcycle collector market to get your money back. Maybe.

Depends on where you live... in Georgia, a bike that old is pretty easy to register with a bill of sale and no title.

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
3/4/13 10:02 a.m.
cutter67 wrote:

Definitely not a dream. Looks like a super hawk to me, and yeah, those do make cool little cafe bikes.

alex
alex UltraDork
3/4/13 10:34 a.m.

With everything that Dream is going to need (which is just about everything), you're going to be into it for close to a grand just to make it roadworthy, more if you get ambitious. Obviously that's not a huge chunk of change in terms of vehicle restoration costs, but it's helpful to have some sort of ballpark figure when you're weighing your options.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/4/13 11:32 a.m.

As I understant it, the Dream and any other 305 (SuperHawk, Scrambler) are different critters. Carbs are different, Dream engine is a stressed member where the Super Hawk has a frame under the engine.

You would save yourself a lot of gray hair by parting for garage art.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 SuperDork
3/4/13 11:35 a.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote:
wlkelley3 wrote: All the above is true. Not cafe material, resto to stock. Collectible IF it has a title. Not big money collectible though. If you can get it for next to nothing and get it cleaned up, repaired, running for cheap it could be a fun project. Then find a antique motorcycle collector market to get your money back. Maybe.
Depends on where you live... in Georgia, a bike that old is pretty easy to register with a bill of sale and no title.

As long as it is registerable is what counts. Having a title just helps.

stroker
stroker Dork
3/4/13 1:48 p.m.
16vCorey wrote:
cutter67 wrote:
Definitely not a dream. Looks like a super hawk to me, and yeah, those do make cool little cafe bikes.

Hell, that's a TWO Stroke...

Hal
Hal Dork
3/4/13 3:30 p.m.
stroker wrote:
16vCorey wrote:
cutter67 wrote:

Don't think so. Looks like a 305 Super Hawk that has been modified. I learned to ride on one back when they were new.

cutter67
cutter67 Reader
3/4/13 3:33 p.m.
Hal wrote:
stroker wrote:
16vCorey wrote:
cutter67 wrote:
Don't think so. Looks like a 305 Super Hawk that has been modified. I learned to ride on one back when they were new.

it is a two stroke yamaha a 160 i believe

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
3/4/13 4:43 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Sell me the tank. Seriously, sell me the tank.

I'll see if I can snag it. How difficult is it to remove (and let's assume rusty bolts, etc)?

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
3/5/13 5:57 a.m.

Wouldn't know. Should be easy, regardless. My CM200T's tank has only one bolt at the rear.

If the tank is shot, but the chrome tins, gas cap, petcock and/or knee pads are good, I'd still be interested.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/5/13 6:43 a.m.

Usually there's one bolt at the back of the tank, on top into the frame. Then lift up and back to pull it off the rubber grommets up front.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vLjJ2o4YBB1KOVcZSxPLE2IeIgTTjKy978aKqkNmILK5Qt0LmZG8vDFBHf0GacF6