16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
1/22/11 2:34 p.m.

So you may have noticed in another thread that my mother ran her subaru out of oil and locked up the engine. She doesn't have much money, so I'm fixing it for her. Unfortunately, I don't have much money either. Last time I was at the local U-Pull yard they had three old GL's, now they have none. The Indy Pull-A-Part shows to have a '92 Loyale in row 405, and if someone local can look at it and just see if the engine is in it and if it turns over, I'll be up there to pull it out in no time. I'd hate to drive three hours to find a gutted car with no engine. Help!!!!

Kramer
Kramer HalfDork
1/22/11 7:58 p.m.

I may be able to help, but it will be Tuesday afternoon at the earliest. Lemme know if that will work.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Reader
1/23/11 1:06 a.m.

I had posted on your other thread as well, but I live south of Chicago and I have a EA82 GL coupe with a good engine that I haven't had the heart to send to the junkyard. I've tried to sell it a couple times and no one wants it mainly because it's FWD.

I know I'm much farther away, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Chebbie_SB
Chebbie_SB HalfDork
1/23/11 1:09 a.m.

A known quantity sure as hell beats random bone-yard finds six ways to sunday !

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/23/11 8:35 a.m.

FWIW, I'm a couple hours south of Chicago. I've got no way to haul a car or engine right now, but I could store it temporarily if needed.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/23/11 10:26 a.m.

In reply to petegossett:

Straight down Route 1 and I'd be there in an hour and a half.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/23/11 10:30 a.m.

That would get it a 1/3rd of the way there!

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
1/23/11 11:21 a.m.
Kramer wrote: I may be able to help, but it will be Tuesday afternoon at the earliest. Lemme know if that will work.

That would totally work. I won't be able to get up there and pull it until next weekend.

SBF, if I can't find anything closer, I'll think about that one.

Thanks!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/23/11 4:20 p.m.

Well the coupe is not going anywhere anytime soon, so let me know.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/23/11 10:36 p.m.

Actually I just realized I'm in a financial crush. I don't know how I would get it down to petegossett. I have no truck or trailer.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
1/24/11 7:59 a.m.

IM sent.

Kramer
Kramer HalfDork
1/25/11 9:09 a.m.

16vCorey, if you still need me to look at this, shoot me an email at kramercjk (at) aol-com. I'm free this afternoon. Tell me what to look for, too. I'm not a Subaru guy...

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
1/25/11 9:47 a.m.

IM sent.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
1/26/11 7:40 a.m.

HUGE thanks to Kramer! He checked out the car for me and it's exactly what I need! So it looks like I'll be at the Indy Pull-A-Part on Sunday if anyone is bored. Seriously, I owe you a beer or three and a dinner next time I'm in Indy and you're not working. Thanks again!

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
1/26/11 7:45 a.m.

Oh, and the car that I'm getting the parts for is pretty much the exact same car as the one I'm taking the parts off of. The one I'm fixing: I know, crappy pics. But they're the only ones I have, from when I built my BABE car.

The parts car:

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
1/26/11 7:54 a.m.

Sweet Fox wagon!

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
1/26/11 8:52 a.m.

Haha! That was my BA/BE rally car, that was then turned into my demo derby car! My mom has a thing for old econo-wagons. The Fox had 300k miles, had been run into several times, and was pretty rusted out. She then found a cherry Loyale to replace it, and gave me the Fox, so it could go out with a bang. She was a trooper, but she's gone to the big junkyard in the sky. Oh, my mom had a pair ('84 and '85) of Toyota vans before the Fox. Maybe that's where I get my fascination with weird cars from.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WbbOUthtKBzhph01GJuq6ayNEeClVoc42hPcslKY7MvSm36ApGbuTaQOnsZhOwDr