1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
irish44j
irish44j UberDork
6/28/13 10:12 p.m.

Of the girls I've known/dated over the years I can't think of one of them who seemed to care one bit what I was driving - and during this span I had everything from Plymouth Voyager to XJ to 1st gen Integra to Triumph GT6. They actually probably disliked the GT6 the most since it was the only one without A/C.

Then again, I've never tried to find women who are "into cars" because then I know I'd have to spend my time/money working on/modding THEIR cars instead of my own.

My wife only really cares that either her car: - has room for the kids, runs perfectly, has working A/C, and a stereo with an iPod controller. - is a vintage Mustang Convertible.

Obviously, she has the former and not the latter.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/28/13 10:13 p.m.

I have never owned a car that attracted women.

I have seen a classic Mustang in Arcadian Blue attract lots women. However, each and every woman it attracted was:

1. Tipsy

2. Older

3. Went to UNC Chapel Hill

4. Either owned one when they were younger or had a sorority sister who did.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
6/28/13 10:22 p.m.

My Spitfire attracted attention, but it was small, cute and a convertible. Ditto the '07 MINI convertible, but a guy driving a MINI convertible... well... a Miata is manly next to one of those... The MINI didn't attract drunk women hanging out of car windows like the Spitfire did.

The '64 Mini... duh... but I haven't really been able to drive it enough to get the full experience yet.

The E30 seems to drive them away... The Cummins even more so, but the Cummins drove most people away...

I've had ONE girl smile at me while in the TDI... but she was also in a TDI... and it was pre-Katrina when owning a TDI was a novelty.

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
6/28/13 11:15 p.m.
OSULemon wrote:
Chris_V wrote: I had girls jump in the car at the beach, pull up next to me on the highway and ask me out, and guys would ask me to give their girlfriends rides in the car. For an AV nerd in school that didn't have luck with the ladies, this car was astonishing. I was the same guy, but suddenly I was not the one asking. I didn't build it to pick up women, it was to advertise my custom car fabrication shop, but man... Not even sportbikes got as may requests for rides. No other sports car, muslcecar, or cute car I've owned has even been on the same planet as that car.
I think the convertible factor is strong with this one.

Naw, I've had a lot of convertibles, and that's the only one that had that effect. But it was the late '80s and Miami Vice probably had a lot to do with it.

Mitchell wrote: Based upon my observations, Ferraris can be parked just about anywhere. Going to a restaurant? Park it at the front door. Leave the top down, too. In case people were wondering how much you gave a berkeley.

This is true. Even fake ones. You can even park on the sidewalk in front of the front door and no one says anything.

racerdave600
racerdave600 Dork
6/29/13 7:41 a.m.

without a doubt the fiat 600. if fact most trips usually involved talking to women as the would flock to it like a magnet. if i took my dog with me i was getting a phone number on every journey.

my cooper s is second, but not even close to 600 really. they also seemed to like alfa spiders and the g35, couldn't care less about the porsches and miatas.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
6/29/13 7:52 a.m.

I like big old V8's, nothing but sausage around my toys.

I need to rethink this

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
6/29/13 8:19 a.m.

I can't go anywhere without talking to nearly everyone who walks by. Girls stop constantly to be photographed with it...

Just saying... I think the only way to pick up more chicks would be to drive the Oscar Myer wienermobile.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
6/29/13 8:20 a.m.
The_Jed wrote: Subaru Forester.

I see what you did there.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
6/29/13 8:21 a.m.
DrBoost wrote:
EvanB wrote: My Mini gets a lot of attention but that isn't really surprising.
I was going to say that. I've NEVER had more women approach me then when I was driving the mini.

Yup. My classic Mini really pulled in the wool. Modern MINI, not so much.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot HalfDork
6/29/13 8:30 a.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: I have never owned a car that attracted women. I have *seen* a classic Mustang in Arcadian Blue attract lots women. However, each and every woman it attracted was: 1. Tipsy 2. Older 3. Went to UNC Chapel Hill 4. Either owned one when they were younger or had a sorority sister who did.

Number 3 is a good attribute. Number 1 may be too.

M030
M030 Dork
6/29/13 8:41 a.m.

My 1972 VW Super Beetle is a freaking chick magnet (wish I figured that out when I was single).

M030
M030 Dork
6/29/13 8:58 a.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin:

I had the opposite experience. My Euro-spec 1978 280SL was almost as bad of a chick-repellant as a Porsche 944. My car was powder blue with a cream colored leather interior & a navy blue top. Small bumpers, hubcaps with body-color inserts, 4spd manual. The woman who eventually became my wife wouldn't even ride in it. Maybe it's a regional thing? I'm in not-so-sunny Massachusetts.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
6/29/13 9:13 a.m.

my license was on suspension when my wife & I met. maybe it pays to seem dangerous.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/29/13 9:29 a.m.

The first car that I ever remember a female going out of her way to comment on was my black Miata. A very bashful older woman (mid 30s!) walked up to me wanted to know all about it..

My Jeep Wranglers were were pretty effective, but mainly when the doors were off.

I had a beautiful '65 Mustang Fastback that was invisible to females.

And yes, cliches be damned, I can't drive either of the Porsches without a girl coming up to me and starting a conversation. I don't care what their motivation is. It's not why I drive them, but it works just like you thought it would in high school.

Maybe I'm just really hot...

M030
M030 Dork
6/29/13 9:35 a.m.

Woody,

What model Porsches? My 944 is female repellant & my Boxster is pretty much invisible to them. I had a 928 when I met my wife. She said it looked like a big Ford Probe. Not sexy.

Woody
6/29/13 9:39 a.m.
M030 wrote: Woody, What model Porsches? My 944 is female repellant & my Boxster is pretty much invisible to them. I had a 928 when I met my wife. She said it looked like a big Ford Probe. Not sexy.

911 Carrera and Cayman S.

M030
M030 Dork
6/29/13 9:46 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

Oh, so real Porsches get it done.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/29/13 12:52 p.m.

My MINI is not bad, but nothing comes close to my '60 El Camino.

Sometimes I can't even get near the thing when I stop for gas.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
6/29/13 1:30 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: My list of "what cars a surprising amount of females dislike" is quite vast.

Lol. In my case "All of them."

...though SWMBO LOVES the Mazda5 in that berkeleying hideous "No Sale Blue."

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
6/29/13 1:30 p.m.

Whatever vehicle I tote my dog around in - usually a 2007 toyota 4runner. Without the dog, the 4runner is virtually invisible. Stick the dog in it and she will draw a crowd. She's very big, fuzzy and friendly.

Woody
6/29/13 1:33 p.m.

Oh, sure, dogs. That's just cheating.

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
6/29/13 1:39 p.m.

I've been told I've got a perfect face... for radio - I need all the advantages I can get.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
6/29/13 1:47 p.m.

I have had multiple occasions of teenage girls leaning into the falcon's open window to tell me how much they like my car...

Of course I get many, MANY more toothless meth heads that do the same. This car attracts tweakers like nothing I have experienced before.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 Dork
6/29/13 1:55 p.m.

Under the demographic of Girls that like Guys, Mini, Smart, Fiat 500 are all considered cute.

Subarus are considered cute by the demographic that doesn't shave their legs and such.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
6/29/13 2:20 p.m.

No car I've ever had could match my Suzuki Katana 750.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AoKpIcSiHNmTNxBujEpct5QzUKXK2NglGV8Y4M9hfs237vWBTUWiYy4Dz139l2b3