1 2
admc58
admc58 New Reader
9/1/08 8:31 p.m.

As the driver to be, I vote for operable brakes. Be sure to tell me which is the choice.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/1/08 8:48 p.m.
jamscal wrote: The reason Challenge cars are so cheap is that they need brake lines, pads and all sorts of little things. If they didn't, they wouldn't be challenge cars.

I would bet that out of all the Challenge cars that have made an appearance, the vast majority were purchased with working brake systems. Perhaps cylinders that needed rebuilding, perhaps rotted hoses, but overall working OEM systems.

I doubt there has ever been a Challenger who was able to negotiate the purchase price on his hulk further because he suddenly noticed the brakes didn't work.

HOWEVER... I'm NOT trying to be argumentative. I appreciate your willingness to look at the rules for next year, Per.

Brakes are certainly the one item that have the most potential to cause harms to others.

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
9/2/08 9:13 a.m.

I would think it would count. That's part of buying a crappy old car. I had to pretty much rebuild the entire brake system on my Rabbit, but that's what happens when you buy a car that's been sitting in a field for five years. If it was a safe car when I bought it, I wouldn't have gotten it for $50. Challenge cars need to have E36 M3 fixed on them, that's why they're challenge cars. Of course I think all Challenge cars should stop safely, but if you drag a car out of a field, you should pretty much expect that stuff to not work and plan accordingly.

GUNDY
GUNDY New Reader
9/8/08 6:20 p.m.

Another hypothetical budget question. A local Kia dealer is giving a free Rio with the purchase of their large SUV, if someone would take this deal is the value of the Rio really $0.00 with $2008 left for modifications?

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/8/08 6:35 p.m.

Fair Market Value of $2100.00 would apply to all new Kias.

Sorry, out of the recoup range ;)

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/9/08 9:20 p.m.

A free car with the stipulation that you have to spend $20xxx on another car is not free. Same thing on a parts deal- if you get a nice set of heads for $25 because you bought a $5000 car from the guy is not quite the way it works.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vW1damr08NjtybBHIHCGrfMWtyBNibMnYjSw8mcYXRqX7LRz8viceADH8RJytS2I