Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
11/11/17 9:45 p.m.

yes

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
11/11/17 11:30 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I know plenty of cars running down the dragstrip without either cooling systems or radiators placed elsewhere....

I just wish methanol just wasn’t so damn hard/expensive on injectors....

theredhead
theredhead
11/13/17 12:15 p.m.

My team and I are wanting to build a cut down car for the challenge, but this year I was told there was a rule about body panels having to be present at the race. What are the rules that would apply to a cut down car?

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/13/17 12:19 p.m.

I'm pretty sure body panels was a rule in the past but is no longer. "Cars must have a finished appearance" would be the current rule. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/13/17 2:22 p.m.

This is a silly question. 

Money found in car after purchase is it a discount on the car purchase or recoup? 

Tom Suddard
11/13/17 2:24 p.m.

That's recoup.

Tom Suddard
11/13/17 2:24 p.m.

Robbie is correct regarding body panels.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/13/17 8:07 p.m.

Title fees and so on, in case you bothered, are exempt.

Back story:

1) Dude (let's name him Cool Dude) died with an unfinished project.

2) Cool Dude left no will.

3) Cool Dude's out of state brothers are selling unfinished project.

4) Cool Dude was seperated for 30 years.

5) Only way to get title is get Cool Dude's separated wife to meet at DMV.

6) I'm thinking of offering hopefully Cool Separated Wife $50 to show up at the DMV.

Can the $50 be considered "and so on"?

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
11/14/17 3:18 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

If you want a title, I’d call all that legwork exempt. Basically, titles are completely optional but just don’t show up with a FXX....

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/14/17 7:57 a.m.
Ranger50 said:

In reply to Stampie :

If you want a title, I’d call all that legwork exempt. Basically, titles are completely optional but just don’t show up with a FXX....

What if it's a Fiero-based FXX?

Tom Suddard
11/14/17 8:17 a.m.

Yep, that's all title fees etc. Exempt.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
11/14/17 8:46 a.m.
sleepyhead said:
Ranger50 said:

In reply to Stampie :

What if it's a Fiero-based FXX?

More power to you....

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/16/17 10:55 a.m.

Question regarding wheels:

I know we cannot run 'donut' spare tires on the drag strip- but can we run the narrow spare rims with drag front tires on them?

Tom Suddard
11/16/17 10:59 a.m.

Yes, you can.

Ashyukun
11/16/17 11:59 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Sweet. yes

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
11/16/17 12:54 p.m.

Did you Get Matt's Fiero ? he didn't e-mail me Back And your Close ....... Hope someone here Did, Heck If Paul Builds His we May Have A Fiero Showdown After all.  Paul Did say He Had an Agenda... Honestly I Think a C-4 Is the only thing that Can Compete with a 'Proper' Fiero. 

Ashyukun
11/16/17 2:15 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

Assuming that was directed to me- no, I'm still working on and planning on bringing back the Rampage I brought this year. The Fiero was rather tempting though, but I think if I weren't doing the Rampage I'd either be doing something for the (presumed, I've not seen that it's official yet) Wagon class or swapping something fun and weird into an RX8 (after pulling the Renesis for the DMC).

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/16/17 9:58 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

Yeah, I had an "agenda", but have not gotten team support for the project, so I think I am going to let the Fiero go this weekend.  frown

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
11/17/17 5:24 a.m.

In reply to SVreX :

Man I would Really Like to Have that One, Wish I had some Cash It would be In My Driveway Right Now. Don't know if that means It's sold But call I may have a Trade You May Like.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/17/17 7:00 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

It means one of your buddies on the GA forum low-balled me, and no one else has stepped up.  I'm gonna deliver it to him on Sun, unless someone offers me more, or I change my mind.

eight oh tree...55 tree__twenty seven 66

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/21/17 7:52 p.m.

Rebates.

If I buy a part that has as mail in rebate, is that considered re-coup or just lower the price of the part?

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
11/22/17 7:17 a.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku :

I used rebates on a set of shocks to show a net price, not recoup, on my 2016 challenge budget and it was accepted.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/27/17 9:50 a.m.

So let's say I buy a car and run a Lemons Rally with it before I go to the Challenge. If something breaks during the Rally and I replace it, I wouldn't have to count the replacement part in the budget if I understand the rules correctly right?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/27/17 2:18 p.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic :

You can put it back in the condition it was in when you bought it. 

So, your $50 EBay turbo with 100K on it coughs up. Replace it with a similar crappy used unit without a budget hit. 

Don't try replacing your blown stock engine with a crate performance engine. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/27/17 8:38 p.m.

Bought boom tubes for $40 for last years challenge car and didn't use them. Buddy offered to trade me some crappy eBay turbo parts. Can i include them on this years completely different challenge car at a $40 for the crappy ebay turbo stuff?

1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4wsT64hsDkeEnvU4F5hkNz9f858h4qjbeXAuXGmIIBxGduAl6AIbMk1jRAQsxxfT