PseudoSport
PseudoSport Reader
3/2/11 3:01 p.m.

I need to buy trunk wiring harness for a 2003 Saab 9-5. Old harness has been repaired twice and I’ve decided to just spend the money and get a new one. Where is the cheapest place online to get OEM Saab parts? I’m looking for part number 12767806

pigeon
pigeon Dork
3/2/11 3:20 p.m.

eeuroparts.com was cheapest (and good service) when I owned my 9000CSE 10 years ago

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/2/11 3:24 p.m.

wow.. how did the harness get damaged?

EvanR
EvanR Reader
3/2/11 3:25 p.m.

try fcpgroton.com - their website isn't the best, but if you have specific needs, use the phone and you will always connect with someone who knows more than you :)

PseudoSport
PseudoSport Reader
3/2/11 4:16 p.m.

called eeuroparts.com said it was special order and would take 2-3 weeks to get it but they were great to deal with.

Called fcpgroton.com and they could get it but after shipping it was close to the same price as my dealer even though the website shows free shipping.

This is the harness for the light on the lights on the trunk lid. everytime you open the trunk the harness makes a sharp bend over time wires break. I've made a few repairs in the past with solder and new wires but I think its best to just get a new one.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/3/11 11:20 a.m.

Is it possible to DIY a new one. Reuse the OEM connectors and run your own wire?

procainestart
procainestart Dork
3/6/11 7:18 p.m.

For OEM, I've been using genuinesaab.com. They are a dealership in the St. Louis area, IIRC. Call their parts counter; don't use any online-based ordering.

www.genuinesaab.com/pricing to see how much it'll cost, if you have the p/n. Oh, you do: http://genuinesaab.com/pricing/index.php?part=12767806&Submit=Submit

$134.28.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA HalfDork
3/7/11 12:39 a.m.

Try some of the vendor / contributors over at http://www.saabnet.com. Lots of good choices.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/7/11 8:17 a.m.

+1 on EEuroparts, I've used them for our (former) Saab 93 and current E36. They're a few towns over from me in CT, so shipping is always fast and free (over $59).

PseudoSport
PseudoSport Reader
3/7/11 10:51 a.m.

Ended up using www.saabusaparts.com and got the harness for $122 shipped.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LFvNabiagFwvHHlZ2Qgleli4m671i0cmJfdjHSlMm35mrXCBEg9yHYQncNffqJmD